• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[360] NeoGAF FIFA 09 10v10!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just seems like if you have 5 or more it's a lot of fun no matter what but if you have less it kinda feels like broken 3v3 (b/c of shitty/crazy AI players).

Fifty

"WHO'S GOING TO BE ANY? WE NEED AN ANY!!"

Seriously though, we do need someone to take that role, if we have less than 5-6 people. There are just too many times when the AI can fuck us over.

I made some mistakes as CB in that final game, but nothing was as bad as watching the AI defenders react around me.

QVT..any reason you chose the team you did? I know nothing about the "Angers", what league are they in? It's kind of weird playing with zero players that I recognize, even if all the player stats are the same. Feels like Winning Eleven Master League all over again. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Also wish you could see yours and others' stats like in normal BAP; isn't that kind of the point? Maybe it's somewhere in-game, but I haven't seen it.

Fifty

Good games, Anticon, Astro, CJelly, Woodchuck and the other guy whose name on GAF I'm not sure of.

It was way more fun once we switched to Arsenal, at least for me. Knowing the players, even if their stats are mostly the same makes for a better game.

I was getting a headache from listening to the other teams (a bunch of kids) yelling in my ear during pre-game and half time. Since those periods are supposed to be for changing strategies and making subs, EA should have made it team chat only, during the pre and half time strategy screens.

We really do need an "any" in every game. When Astro had that role, we tied 2-2 (should have won) and we won when I played it. Not saying we're that good, but being able to control all players is essential.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Yeah, good games, folks.

We definitely, definitely need to get a full 10 man team together to take on another 10 men. Not least because I want the bloody achievement. :lol :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Very fun games and a nice win.

Just a couple quick fyis:
-All players and teams are the same skill (e.g., all CFs are the same, all LWs are the same, etc.).
-You can change your default camera for the 10 v 10s (I think it's in online be a PRO), and in the regular modes (I use tele) you can hit back to center on your player, and back again to center on ball.
-You can only hear the always-annoying other team pre-game and at goals (maybe other stoppages in play), but only your own team in-game.
-You pick your position before each match.
-You meet in the Dressing Room.
-(pretty sure) anyone can start a game by just going to dressing room and getting 3 or more people ready. min. is 3 and you lose if third disconns. Game is really meant to be played at 5 or above though.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
i'd like to play. I'm still waiting for the invite to the club. how do you know if you're gotten on invite or anything like that?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
add me to your friends gt astrothelad and i'll invite you

fyi you have to go into your in-game mail under clubs to get it

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
ChrisGoldstein said:
Dont sweat it yall were getting better this is a practice team we can create a whole new gaf team

that's delightful

i'm the passmaster

Magicked

Are you guys going to be playing tonight? I've been busy this weekend, but I'll have time later today to enjoy some 10v10!

Daigoro

ill be glad to pick ANY when we do 10v10. i did a lot better on our first game yesterday as ANY. i had that sweet assist for the first goal scored and i made some decent passes and some nice stops on the defensive side.

on the flip side, i picked a stationary position in the second game (when we lost) and i felt lost and didnt even get many touches on the ball. im down with ANY.

i too wish they gave us individual player stats after the match and on our records. it would make the 10v10 mode a lot more engaging. i think its a lot of fun though.

are we doing any club games tonight? i should be on in a few hours.

AstroLad said:
Very fun games and a nice win.

Just a couple quick fyis:
-All players and teams are the same skill (e.g., all CFs are the same, all LWs are the same, etc.).
-You can change your default camera for the 10 v 10s (I think it's in online be a PRO), and in the regular modes (I use tele) you can hit back to center on your player, and back again to center on ball.
-You can only hear the always-annoying other team pre-game and at goals (maybe other stoppages in play), but only your own team in-game.
-You pick your position before each match.
-You meet in the Dressing Room.
-(pretty sure) anyone can start a game by just going to dressing room and getting 3 or more people ready. min. is 3 and you lose if third disconns. Game is really meant to be played at 5 or above though.

did not know that. awesome thanks for the tip. i hate it when im completely off the screen.

woodchuck

i thought they do have individual ratings after the game (player ratings), but i guess that won't work for those that choose "any".

in the "my club", they should display the rating for every member and other stats. i guess it's not updated yet

Fifty

I don't really care about ratings, as much as I care that the best player is ANY, and the rest of the people are good at and content with whatever position they're using. I'd be fine with Daig taking it next time I see him, since usually no one has stepped up to do it and I've taken the role..but I know we've got better members than me, and winning is everything!

Exypher

Hey guys, is the NeoGAF club team still going strong? I haven't been able to try out Be A Pro mode at all in FIFA '09 and would love to get some games in.

If anyone has another team I could join that would be great too ofcourse!

Top Bottom