• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D DOT GAME HEROES |OT|! Once upon a time in 8-bit....

WillyFive

1362668-untitled_1_copy.png

Once upon a time, there was a small 2D land called Dotnia Kingdom.

The people there led peaceful lives, protected by the mysterious six orbs and the sages that protected them.

But one day, the Dark Lord Onyx set his gaze on the power of the orbs, and captured them and their sages.

Then a great hero came and saved the world.

But as time passed, people got tired of that same old cliched story, and wanted something cool. Something hip.

Coming out of the IMAX 3D theater, King Tezro decided it was time to bring his kingdom to the 3rd dimension.

And so the Dotnia Kingdom was now in 3D.

The citizens loved the new look, and felt it was time to tell the story again....​

1261881-3ddotgameheroes_screens_10__screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

Sites and other threads:

1261886-3ddotgameheroes_screens_16__screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

What is 3D Dot Game Heroes?

A celebration of 8-bit adventure games! Grab your sword, and fight enemies, visit towns, upgrade your stats, and save the orbs!

Create your own characters, explore dungeons, complete puzzles, and take down bosses!

A game for the 8-bit generation!​

Are you sure it's not Zelda?

Yes it's Zelda.​

Sounds awesome! I want it!

Excellent! The game comes out exclusive to the PLAYSTATION 3 on May 11, 2010 for the US, and May 14, 2010 for Europe!

It has been named a 'nostalgia-laden trip' by Famitsu, and an 8.5 out of 10 score by IGN!

Also...IT'S $40 MSRP!!!

1261878-3ddotgameheroes_screens_07__screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

1362723-untitled_2_copy.png1.png

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Day one.

Need to finish Nier and platinum it soon.

Yes, yes and more yes! I cannot wait. Game of the year right here. :D

Also if you're tallying reviews, Game Informer gave it an 8.5 as well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I've never been interested in Zelda (other than sexy Link in Twilight Princess), but I want this game.

CONFLICTED ON PAYING FOR IT. :(

Reserved, and ready to pick up as soon as I can. So excited for this. I can't believe how much play my PS3 has been getting in the last few months. :lol

MattNY

I am probably more excited for this game than any others for the rest of the year. Too bad I will be traveling when it is released. :(

protonion

Day 1! I love 2D Zelda games (and all it's clones).
I'd really like to play this game as Link. Are there any instructions on how to make one? I saw a really good one in a video. I could never do it myself.

protonion said:
I'd really like to play this game as Link. Are there any instructions on how to make one? I saw a really good one in a video. I could never do it myself.
I was under the impression that you could import a character that had been uploaded online (not through the game, but via your PC + Thumb Drive) so expect Link and other characters very soon after launch.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
protonion said:

If you wait a couple of days after the launch (provided you can't access the Japanese version servers), there probably will be a "dot hero" made like Zelda. The game is supposed to tout a community model thing.

reminder

Day 1. It's fullprice here in germany, though, but I'm actually happy it'll be released here so i'll support this move instead of importing it from the US.

Johnas

Despite the original Zelda being possibly my favorite game ever, I was initially on the fence about this game.

Then I played Demon's Souls, and I was pushed off the fence. From is awesome, can't wait to play another one of their titles.

Still think the water looks weird, but I'll get over it.

Top Bottom