• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D DOT GAME HEROES |OT|! Once upon a time in 8-bit....

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Pre-ordered my copy today! While I am a bit worried about the shortness of the experience, the low price makes it a no-brainer for me. It just looks so fun and filled with pure gaming joy, in the way Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 (but few other games nowadays) do.

Jme

Cesar said:
Yup, me too.

Question though, is this from the makers of Demon's Souls, From Software?

I thought it was too, but From is just the publisher of this amazing game in JP.
Have had my copy on pre-order a few weeks now. Can not wait.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Cesar said:
Question though, is this from the makers of Demon's Souls, From Software?

no , but well if you are looking for games from the team who made Demon's Souls , then I really hope you like Mecha games.

MechaGodzilla said:
I don't have a PS3 but damn it man if I wouldn't buy one just for this game. I want to play it so bad.

play Zelda on your NES/Wii VC.

I need to pick this up at some point. A little too busy and don't want to just buy it and let it sit.

Hopefully it's not going to be a title that is hard to find in a few months

Vard

Hope to get this game eventually, once I complete some games in my backlog. They've done a great job promoting it with the parody commercials so hopefully it's going to sell well.

I was close to preordering this, but I need to save up money as I have so many unplayed games. Will definetly buy this game during the summer after exams.
Has anyone made cecil/kain sprites for this game? :p if not I wanna try myself but its a bit much work I imagine.

Awesome OP!

MomoPufflet said:
Damn it, the box is too small to create a proper 8-bit Link sprite. Is the in-game creator bigger or does this mean I have to actually be creative?
It's 16x16. Big enough to be creative and you have to do all the other animations as well.

2r5f0ci.png

MomoPufflet said:
Damn it, the box is too small to create a proper 8-bit Link sprite. Is the in-game creator bigger or does this mean I have to actually be creative?
From the other 3DDGH thread from a few days ago:
animated.gif
?

DMPrince said:
It's 16x16. Big enough to be creative and you have to do all the other animations as well.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2r5f0ci.png[/IG][/QUOTE]

It'll be fine I'm sure, I just can't be lazy now. I'm still having a blast with the online creator.

[QUOTE=ImNotLikeThem]From the other 3DDGH thread from a few days ago:
[IMG]http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy200/jalkerway/animated.gif?

Wow! Whoever made that did a great job.

MomoPufflet said:
It'll be fine I'm sure, I just can't be lazy now. I'm still having a blast with the online creator.

Wow! Whoever made that did a great job.
I did? Like I said in the other thread, hopefully i can make the same thing in the actual game. There have already been a ton of 8 bit Links made in the japanese version anyway.

Xater

BTW in the Quick Look of GB it looked like they do seperate save files for the created characters. Maybe we can export them to USB sticks and then share them on the internet?

Volcynika

Xater said:
BTW in the Quick Look of GB it looked like they do seperate save files for the created characters. Maybe we can export them to USB sticks and then share them on the internet?

Yeah, there will be a database of some sort you can upload characters.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Given the shortness of the game, anyone know how the New Game+ feature works and what it does for you?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Pre-ordered today. Better hope this is good or I'm coming to everyone's house and punching them. ;)

Teknoman

25 dollar best buy gift card ACTIVATE!

Also the character editor looks like it'll be hard to use...unless i'm just putting too much thought into it.

EDIT: Wow you cant search for 8 bit sprites without some screenshot of dot heroes popping up :lol

I always seem to do this in character editors...making my character too small based on the normal scale:

246owo1.png

14o1735.gif

Also what section of the game is Block Destruction from, because it sounds like a really awesome overworld theme.

Does this game use the analog sticks at all? I'm hoping my new hori pad comes in the mail and it would be perfect to play this with it, but it has no analog sticks.

Teknoman said:
Also what section of the game is Block Destruction from, because it sounds like a really awesome overworld theme.

that's such a charming song

and we need some templates for popular characters linked here.

Linkzg said:
Does this game use the analog sticks at all? I'm hoping my new hori pad comes in the mail and it would be perfect to play this with it, but it has no analog sticks.

that's such a charming song
you can swipe the sword using the right stick.

I agree with the templates. I was hoping you could swap characters with people online.
I want a green and purple tentacle and then Ryan and Alex from River city ransom.

Teknoman

Linkzg said:
geez, I tried to make Mike Jones (from Startropics) in that editor and my mind broke. turning 2d sprites into 3d will be tough

Yeah, thats why i'm thinking about trying to make original characters...or spin offs from established characters. Of course the in game editor will probably be easier to use visually...but then you've got to do animations too :lol

Trying to see how to make eyes visible from the side, yet still look decent from the front.

EDIT: Why is it so hard to find an 8-bit dragon quest series sprite sheet?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dammit this looks so cool but I just bought a DS plus Alan Wake and RDR coming out soon so I have so much to play before I can give this a go. At least things will slow down over summer, but I will get this sometime in the not-too distant future.

Volcynika

voltron said:
PS3 exclusive? Goddamit.

Is this likely to change?

There has been zero rumblings of version of the game on the 360. I'm not sure if Sony has a hold on the IP or something, but no mention of a 360 version has been made (correct me if I'm wrong).

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I don't think SCEJ has any ties to the game like Demon Souls, so it might be possible...but they've stressed the exclusivity part. So who knows.

I really, really doubt it'll go multiplatform.

I'm getting it on PS3 next week, but I would totally double dip for a PC version so I can remove DOF effects have massive amounts of AA on it. Insane massive amounts.

Volcynika said:
There has been zero rumblings of version of the game on the 360. I'm not sure if Sony has a hold on the IP or something, but no mention of a 360 version has been made (correct me if I'm wrong).

from official site. it's from's IP.

like chub's said. i doubt it'll ever go to 360. with that said. less than a week until the game is out!

Volcynika

DMPrince said:
from official site. it's from's IP.

like chub's said. i doubt it'll ever go to 360. with that said. less than a week until the game is out!

Release date delivery from Amazon comin my way!

Top Bottom