• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D DOT GAME HEROES |OT|! Once upon a time in 8-bit....

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
protonion said:
Day 1! I love 2D Zelda games (and all it's clones).
I'd really like to play this game as Link. Are there any instructions on how to make one? I saw a really good one in a video. I could never do it myself.

2rqg5l2.jpg

iirc you can download these and put them into your PS3 but I don't know from where or which site exactly.

Totobeni said:
2rqg5l2.jpg

iirc you can download these and put them into your PS3 but I don't know from where or which site exactly.
haha that's awesome, I might have to hunt for that.
would the japanese character file even be compatible with this game though?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
MomoPufflet said:
The low MSRP will sell a lot of people on the game, I think-- should definitely put that in the OP. Nice job otherwise.
YES! This must be added, in a big image title.

Hopefully this will be easier than the original Zelda - it's the only game in the series (of the ones that I've played, which doesn't include 2 -_-) that I haven't completed.

It had me sold on concept alone. The style, tone and price is the icing.

madara

I cant believe it finally about here. The amount of media of this one was crazy. I swear I've seen half the game already and I stopped looking 3 months ago.

This finally gives a reason to buy a PS3.

Still not too keen on the DOF though. Only blemish in this amazing looking title.

Varion

Yeaaaaaaaaah.

Preorder's been in for a while, I can't even remember where I preordered it from but I'm sure I did! Looking forward to it, dunno how much time I'll have to play it though.

I thought From Software developed this, but I guess they only published 3DDGH in Japan...?

Whatever the case, the game looks outstanding.

MoxManiac

DidntKnowJack said:
I thought From Software developed this, but I guess they only published 3DDGH in Japan...?

Whatever the case, the game looks outstanding.

It is developed by From Software.

I am totally looking forward to this. Probably my second most wanted game, right under Red Dead Redemption. :)

Also, my WIFE is looking forward to this, which is amazing. The only game she's been interested in since Oblivion.

Yeah, every site says Silicon Studio developed it. Unless they are part of From Software.

I'm not casting any stones, I always thought it was From too.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Santiako said:
This game looks absolutely amazing, is there any chance of a 360 port?

asking for ports is not cool bro, buy a PS3 , there are other cool shit on it too , I heard from someone that it worth every penny.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Each vid I've seen of this game turns me off to the game more and more, but fuck me if I won't be there day 1 anyway.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Santiako said:
This game looks absolutely amazing, is there any chance of a 360 port?
Let's no port beg here.

It would be cool if they put the soundtrack up for sale in the store. I also wonder if there's going to be a guide. I never bothered to ask.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Got mine pre-ordered. I have to say this is one of the few games I wish did have some sort of pre-order bonus, just because it could be rather neat.

Mest30

Banned
panda21 said:
how long/deep is this? from the quick look it looked like it was fairly small, 6 dungeons?

I read some where that the game can be completed rather quickly, around ten hours. But the same article said if you do everything in the game, you're looking at 20-25 hours. I think I read that on IGN and I've always noticed that whenever they say how many hours it takes to complete a certain game, I end up having to put at least an extra ten hours on top of what they say to finish. So I'm counting on 30 hours and at $40 bucks, that's pretty good.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I've always been a huge fan of the original Zelda, and I love the graphics style of this game. Even though I'm a tad in the hole from accruing a ton of speeding tickets, it's still a day one (well rather a day two since I'm gonna still be on vacation on its release).

Xater

Minamu said:
Will there be a demo of this on PSN? I've never been a part of the 8-bit gen so I don't know man... :p

There wasn't a Japanese demo and there will not be an English demo. And being part of the 9bit generation has nothing to do with it. If you enjoyed any of the top down Zelda games (except the DS ones) you will probably also like this.

Top Bottom