• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D DOT GAME HEROES |OT|! Once upon a time in 8-bit....

Vard

Red Liquorice said:
This game is the fucking end. After about 20 attempts I finally killed the Flame Temple boss dragon and the game crashes - I leave the room after collecting the orb, music continues but indefinate black screen. Wow, final straw time. I loved so much about this game, but the bugs have been too much to continue, a real shame as it's turned a really great experience into a frustrating and shitty one.
Game froze on me around then too. I was going through the fetch quest right after the Flame Temple and the music just started looping, frozen screen. Now I'm having trouble getting my PS3 to read the disc at all. Hopefully my system and I can get over this hump...

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
So I've read this page and the last page, what's the deal, only the PAL version doesn't have the patch? Picked this game up cheap as chips in a PS3 sale last week for about $30NZD = $15USD (I live in NZ, game was an import). Wanted it for awhile but now it's arrived and I've got a backlog already of unplayed games and unfinished games.

Yuripaw

Banned
Do you guys ever think we'll see another 3d dot game heroes title? How did this game do anyway? I just think this was such an awesome concept, and so well done that it'd be a shame if we don't see another one like it.

Even if it's not another Zelda genre type game, i'd love it if they used this visual style to make another older genre game.

RS4-

Finally got a hold of the game, now installing. I've heard that for some trophies that involve the races that they're harder with the patch installed?

Jucksalbe

Banned
I haven't played the game after the patch came out, but as far as I know they reduced the requirements to beat the races, so it should be a lot easier with the patch installed.

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got a hold of the game, now installing. I've heard that for some trophies that involve the races that they're harder with the patch installed?

As weird as it sounds, the game crashes more often when it's installed. You should probably just play directly from the disc instead.

plc268

I have a chance to get this for 5$. Almost sure I'll bite, but still mulling it over. In retrospect, just how good is this game?

It's definitely a good 2d style zelda game. Of course, you're going to hear from a lot of people that the game is hard, but I breezed through it, and I'm generally a zelda noob.

It is buggy though, so save often so you wont lose too much progress if it freezes.

Cybersai

Banned
I keep dying in the flame temple and I have to go through EVERY ROOM again because the block switch mechanic resets. Is there any way to bypass this?

Top Bottom