• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

40-50 games that get PS5 Pro upgrades will receive 4K/60 across the board and modes that can ramp up to 120FPS or 8K

bitbydeath

The planned 40 to 50 games that get PS5 Pro upgrades at the hardware's Nov. 7 launch will focus on 4K and 60fps upgrades across the board, but also have a laundry list of other graphics boosts including new volumetric lighting and effects, richer graphics, more on-screen background characters, and modes that can ramp up to 120fps or 8K gaming.
GT7 confirmed for 8K
Sitting in front of an 80-inch TV playing Gran Turismo 7 is an immersive experience. It's even more realistic in 8K resolution. I'm not a good driver, but that's partly because I'm stunned by the clarity of the vistas in front of me. I'm also wowed by a new 4K ray-tracing mode that casts car reflections on other racers. It feels almost like I'm in VR without the headset.
FF7 Demo
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth in particular popped compared to the fuzzier graphics on the existing PS5 version. Everything was sharper, and still 60fps smooth. It felt like putting new glasses on.
F1 24 Demo
My demo of F1 24 showed new ray tracing effects during a rainy race, which made the track and environment feel more photorealistic. Rain on the pavement reflected the car and the sky, and glass walls near me showed the stands across the road.
GT7 Demo
Gran Turismo 7 was maybe the most stunning demo of all, because it added two new modes. 8K gameplay on an 80-inch screen made me wonder how this could be used for sim racing setups with massive displays. Ray tracing, finally added into GT7's gameplay in another 4K mode, made crowded races with cars feel even more real. I was so hypnotized by looking at car finishes that I kept crashing.

tommib

Lol, that GT7 at 8K is absolute bullshit 😂 anyone believing this needs to get their ass beat by a 4090 Card that literally judders at 8K on complex games at 15 FPS or maybe get 4K at best on simple games at 30 Fps.
It’s very scalable. Don’t forget that it’s a PS4 game. They’re probably compromising to have it run at 8K.

tommib

What about Bloodborne, is it going to be stuck at 1080p?
the sandlot GIF

Jaybe

Curious the improvements this will make to uncapped frame rate modes for those with 120hz VRR displays. I liked playing my base PS5 in that mode when the game would support it while I had it.

HL3.exe

Let me re-quote this for you.
Thanks for the marketing drivel.

Hope ya know that in the real world not even 4k is worth running natively because of the hardware strain it brings (even on 4090's, let alone a mass produced console GPU), and anything above 1440p being hardly noticable when in a real living room setting distance. Everything is using deep learning upscalers to get performance up from 1440 or lower native res to get 4k up to performance, let alone 8k
🍑💨

Last edited:
Top Bottom