• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

40-50 games that get PS5 Pro upgrades will receive 4K/60 across the board and modes that can ramp up to 120FPS or 8K

Fahdis

Lmao, listen boys, I don't want to drive up some kind of platform war but this just tells me how behind you guys are in Marketing bullshit. I don't care who the source is, CNET, IGN, your uncle who still works at Nintendo.

First of all Native 8K is possible on simple games on a 4090. But for that you need an 8K screen. This is another marketing ploy for idiots to be duped into buying things you literally can't distinguish beyond 4K. You literally can't tell the difference from 4K to 8K unless you have a massive 100+ inch screen.

Ok, AI Upscalers. Do you think PCMR doesn't know being the beneficiaries with DLSS3 Frame Gen and other upscalers? People having issues here running Cyberpunk at 4K/60 FPS on Psycho settings even with upscalers and you think PSSR will do RAYTRACING at 8K/60 FPS on GT 😂😂😂? It's official PS5 Pro will outdo a 4090.

bitbydeath

Lmao, listen boys, I don't want to drive up some kind of platform war but this just tells me how behind you guys are in Marketing bullshit. I don't care who the source is, CNET, IGN, your uncle who still works at Nintendo.

First of all Native 8K is possible on simple games on a 4090. But for that you need an 8K screen. This is another marketing ploy for idiots to be duped into buying things you literally can't distinguish beyond 4K. You literally can't tell the difference from 4K to 8K unless you have a massive 100+ inch screen.

Ok, AI Upscalers. Do you think PCMR doesn't know being the beneficiaries with DLSS3 Frame Gen and other upscalers? People having issues here running Cyberpunk at 4K/60 FPS on Psycho settings even with upscalers and you think PSSR will do RAYTRACING at 8K/60 FPS on GT 😂😂😂? It's official PS5 Pro will outdo a 4090.
They literally played GT7 in 8K on the PS5 Pro. That’s not marketing. It’s delusional to think otherwise.

Zathalus

8k is probably achieved via 1440p upscaled to 8k via PSSR. It should look sharper then native 4k but don’t expect it to be as sharp as real 8k.

Considering the CNET guy was standing right in front of a 80 inch TV you’d probably have better results at regular viewing distances with 4K + RT mode. Unless you stand directly in front of your TV when playing games.

[Sigma]

GT7 was the most interesting thing they showed. The game already looks great and with all the stuff confirmed, I really want to see it on my oled but sadly it's not going to happen. Unless someone buys me a PS5 pro lol.

Gonna need to see that list of games for that price point. I wanna replay FF16, finally start Spiderman 2 and play a new ass creed game at the highest fidelity on console.

bitbydeath

I wonder if UE5 games will run higher than 720p on the PS5 Bro.
Fortnite in 8K w/8K textures is going to be glorious.
Happy Hugh Jackman GIF

ManaByte

I don't think anyone said that, because it would be insane.

R3EUIL

This just says that PSSR is better than DLSS on the RTX 4090, it doesn't say that the PS5 Pro is better than 4090

Bojji

Uhm, GT7 runs native 4k on a base PS5. Sounds like a good res to AI upscale to 8k.

- GT7 has RT reflections during gameplay.
- Immediate reaction is the game looks noticeably lower resolution.
- Pixel count is 1188p, upscale to 4K via PSSR. Huge drop in resolution.
- RT reflections are still quarter res. Not really great looking.

8K? Maybe on PS6 Pro dude...

8K lol. Some of you guys are beyond salvation.

They are fucking delusional hoping for 8k on 45% more powerful console when many games are barely better than 720p on base machine, lol.

This just says that PSSR is better than DLSS on the RTX 4090, it doesn't say that the PS5 Pro is better than 4090

So far PSSR looks to be worse.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Interesting, I wonder why many of the PCMR think it cannot.
It's not that they think it can't, it's just no-one would ever do it (more than once) because it's dumb and pointless. Or it's like Virtual Reality without the headset. Hard to tell what to believe.

8k my ass.

But hey its a selling point. Not that there is any 8k games or movies.

I doubt the $2000 rtx 5090 can do 8k 60fps on max settings.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
8k my ass.

But hey its a selling point. Not that there is any 8k games or movies.

I doubt the $2000 rtx 5090 can do 8k 60fps on max settings.
Cerny never mentioned it and none of the trailers mentioned it.
A journalist mentions he got to play GT7 in 8K and it's Sony bullshitting.
Look I ain't been too impressed with the Pro so far but the salt in these threads can seriously do some health damage.

Cerny never mentioned it and none of the trailers mentioned it.
A journalist mentions he got to play GT7 in 8K and it's Sony bullshitting.
Look I ain't been too impressed with the Pro so far but the salt in these threads can seriously do some health damage.
Your right. These threads raise my blood pressure.

Im going to wait for ps6 before i upgrade. Games that are exclusive to it and can take advantage of the hardware.

The base ps6 will probably cost $599 or $699 anyways.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Your right. These threads raise my blood pressure.

Im going to wait for ps6 before i upgrade. Games that are exclusive to it and can take advantage of the hardware.

The base ps6 will probably cost $599 or $699 anyways.
Bro, haven't you learnt
PS6 Pro will the the real next gen console, PS6 will be an extension of the PS5 Pro.

Elios83

Bro, haven't you learnt
PS6 Pro will the the real next gen console, PS6 will be an extension of the PS5 Pro.

Given the cross gen dynamics of the current market this is unfortunately the truth.
It happened with the PS4 Pro and it's happening again with the PS5 Pro.

Reactions: TGO

jm89

Bro if they patch in 8k over 120fps whoever decided that should be fired. 8k is such a waste and nobody has an 8k tv.
It probably won't be a thing for most games. Might just end up being some sony first parties just trying it out just to show to showcase.

Last edited:
I’ve been studying everyone’s responses in the background since the announcement of ps5 pro…I hate to tell you all, but a pro version of a console doesn’t make better games. Seems like y’all are looking for a mid-gen refresh that will magically make devs have creative aspirations again. Not gonna happen, sorry to tell you.

Top Bottom