• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

40-50 games that get PS5 Pro upgrades will receive 4K/60 across the board and modes that can ramp up to 120FPS or 8K

Certinty

So he's lying about playing it at 8K?
9CyLpUg.jpg
I don't know why but your message just reminded me of this! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Uhm, GT7 runs native 4k on a base PS5. Sounds like a good res to AI upscale to 8k.
Sure, maybe I was too harsh on my previous post but, would it really worth it? Plus, how many games will be able to reach 8K?

imo the 8K is just pure marketing talk. Like when people were boasting about 64 bits during the 5th gen.

Skifi28

Sure, maybe I was too harsh on my previous post but, would it really worth it? Plus, how many games will be able to reach 8K?

imo the 8K is just pure marketing talk. Like when people were boasting about 64 bits during the 5th gen.
No disagreement there, it's pointless and it's a combination of marketing for the pro and Sony wanting to sell a few extra TVs I imagine. I can only hope most devs don't bother and only focus on 4k.

Gran Turismo 7 on PS5 PRO with PSVR2, here we go! Hoping for 90FPS and higher resolution in VR mode.

8K with PSSR upscaling.
People are using DLSS upscaling on their 4090 to reach 4K too. Do PC gamers constantly remind them they are using DLSS in their games nowadays? The contrary actually, they are actually buying games that support DLSS.

How is Astro not on there???? It would benefit BIG time with ray tracing instead of cube maps.
They are a 65 people team. I prefer them working on creativity than RT effects.

Three

Lol, that GT7 at 8K is absolute bullshit 😂 anyone believing this needs to get their ass beat by a 4090 Card that literally judders at 8K on complex games at 15 FPS or maybe get 4K at best on simple games at 30 Fps.
Didn't Polyphony Digital have 1080i on a PS2 in GT4? I can believe that wizardry but it will probably be limited.

How many times will Sony sell us a slightly better looking last of us for a newer console
From PS3 to PS4 to PS4 pro to PS5 and now a PS5 pro
For slightly better looking last of us
If it's that's remarkable launch new fucking games with it and then ask for 800 euros

Rudius

"An AI-assisted upscaling mode, called PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution, works across the whole game library without any needed patch, adding in details to upscale to 4K. I didn't see this demonstrated, but the feature should help enhance older games if you have a 4K TV. It'll also work on PSVR 2 games in the future, too, Cerny said."

"As CNET's resident VR expert, I'm curious what the PS5 Pro can do for the PlayStation VR 2, although Sony's support for the headset has been underwhelming lately. Cerny said the Pro will allow higher-resolution games on the PSVR 2 thanks to the GPU boost and eventually a tuning of Sony's AI upscaling that will work with all VR games. But no specific PSVR 2 upgraded games have been announced yet"

Like the PC with DLSS and saying it's "4K"

This is the way. Native is a waste of resources with good upscaling solutions.
You can run 8K in DLSS Ultra Performance mode (9x) and it will run like 1440p game. It all depends on input resolution rather than output - you can upscale to any resolution. Memory bandwidth will probably still be the bottleneck at 8K.

Zacfoldor

Capcom needs to be on this list.
Resident Evil 4
Dragon Dogma 2
Monster Hunter Wilds
I believe DD2 was in the list of games that PS5 Pro would upgrade(somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

Knowing Capcom I would not be surprised is most of their PS5 games eventually got the pro patch.

Hohenheim

I'm just hyped for DD2 on PS5 pro.
Dragons dogma 2? That game is very cpu heavy and struggles on high end cpu's combined with the 4090, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a silk smooth experience with the ps5 pro on that one, sadly.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Dragons dogma 2? That game is very cpu heavy and struggles on high end cpu's combined with the 4090, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a silk smooth experience woth the ps5 pro on that one, sadly.
In cities sure. Outside in the wilderness it's GPU limited and the current consoles can already run it in the 40s and 50s.

Ebrietas

Neo Member
People are using DLSS upscaling on their 4090 to reach 4K too. Do PC gamers constantly remind them they are using DLSS in their games nowadays? The contrary actually, they are actually buying games that support DLSS.

They are a 65 people team. I prefer them working on creativity than RT effects.
The double standard from the PC boys is both pathetic and not surprising.

Top Bottom