• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

43 U.S. Senators support bill that would make boycotting Israel a felony

Azuran

Banned
Fucking pathetic as always. This blind love for Israel is fucking sickening. Netanyahu can commit as much genocide as he wants and no one in the US government will ever have the spine to say something.

Theonik

Holy shit, what is wrong with these people??

Co-sponsoring a bill without knowing what's in it? How does that even fucking happen? Embarrassing doesn't even begin to describe it.
>Tfw your lobbyists give you a bill to pass so you need to support it but they haven't let you read it yet.

The israeli lobby is scary as fuck. I wish there was someone to tell the israeli government to straight fuck off and have them actually think that the US was serious about them having to renegotiate their positions.

Its sad when an Jewish senator who spent time in israel is one of the only ones decrying the israeli goverment's blatant rightwing stances and injustices towards Palestine, and even then only relatively compared to the rest of congress

That whole display with AIPAC between Clinton and Trump trying to outdo each other on how much they loved israel during the election was very eye opening in regards to the power the israeli government has on America and its ability to make rational middle east decisions objectively, and that is dangerous and kind of proves that there are plenty of areas where this is happening beyond israel
Liberal American Jews have a pretty vested interest in human rights. Most people supporting this are diehard party line followers or heavily lobbied.

SKINNER!

Banned
so non-violent protesting against a particular country can now land you in jail?

I see I see. and they say that USA is a true beacon of democracy. Delicious hypocrisy is deeeeeeeeeelicious.

so non-violent protesting against a particular country can now land you in jail?

I see I see. and they say that USA is a true beacon of democracy. Delicious hypocrisy is deeeeeeeeeelicious.
What? This isn't a law. Not even half of the US senators are merely stating they support the idea of this.

Oh joy one of my senators is behind this. Thanks Ben Cardin. I haven't had to call my senators yet, I guess now is finally the time.

Lifeline

All democrats on that list are scum, supporting to remove the right to boycott a country goes against the principles this country was founded on.

Hope none of these run in 2020.

m3k

lol can you imagine doing this in another country, people would lose their shit

in australia you can not boycott greek products, go to court!

in brazil you can not boycott japanese products, charges!

in england you can not boycott products from ghana, lawyer up!

shit is wild

AAK

What was that quote from JFK? "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable"

shamanick

All democrats on that list are scum, supporting to remove the right to boycott a country goes against the principles this country was founded on.

Hope none of these run in 2020.

Oh they absolutely will be. Get ready to hear lots of screeching about "purity tests" if you dare to bring this up. You'll be enabling Trump, after all.

And whatever money/business ties Trump has with the Russians, it pales in comparison to AIPAC completely owning individual Senators and damn near all of Congress. This is meddling, collusion, and treason on a scale far beyond RussiaGate.

But this is good news - shows how Israel stay losing. They can't win hearts and minds ever, so they want to force you to support them... or else. They are fast becoming fascist ideologues. That always ends in failure.

Top Bottom