• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50% Off Origin Store (doesnt work on preorders except Watch Dogs 2)

Shawn6661

https://www.origin.com/

Use ORIGIN50 code at checkout !

This offer is being issued to you for promotional purposes only and does not constitute a credit, charge, debit or gift card. offer expires september 22, 2016 10:00 am pdt. valid for new purchases from the origin store at www.origin.com and the origin client software (www.origin.com/about). value of discount will be deducted from product list price at time of purchase. excludes star wars™ the old republic™, pre-orders, select partner titles distributed by origin, virtual currency, game time codes and subscriptions. valid wherever products are sold. may not be combined with any other promotional or discount offer, unless expressly authorized by ea; may not be combined with any prepaid card redeemable for the applicable content. offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. customers are responsible for applicable sales tax. retailers, distributors and employees of electronic arts inc. and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. see applicable end user license agreements and disclosures on http://www.ea.com/1/product-eulas.

darthkarki

So, if you buy something like Watch Dogs 2 from Origin, do you need to launch it through Origin? Or does it give you a key for Uplay, kinda like it does on Steam (I don't think you need to run Steam when playing Uplay games bought through Steam, but I could be wrong)?

If I can actually get it for 50% off and it only needs Uplay, I'd do that instead of getting it on Steam, but I don't want to have to use Origin also.

So, if you buy something like Watch Dogs 2 from Origin, do you need to launch it through Origin? Or does it give you a key for Uplay, kinda like it does on Steam (I don't think you need to run Steam when playing Uplay games bought through Steam, but I could be wrong)?

You do. At least I need to use steam with Rainbow Six

I don't see an area to use the code :|

start checkout under price there is a PROMO CODE field you have to click it to open up a text box you can type ORIGIN50 into

works on stuff like dragon age, star wars battlefront, etc not bad if you don't own battlefield 4, battlefield hardline, star wars battlefront, etc. BF4 has all the DLCs free this week too

Shawn6661

watchdogs2wxypn.jpg

https://www.origin.com/

Use ORIGIN50 code at checkout !

This offer is being issued to you for promotional purposes only and does not constitute a credit, charge, debit or gift card. offer expires september 22, 2016 10:00 am pdt. valid for new purchases from the origin store at www.origin.com and the origin client software (www.origin.com/about). value of discount will be deducted from product list price at time of purchase. excludes star wars™ the old republic™, pre-orders, select partner titles distributed by origin, virtual currency, game time codes and subscriptions. valid wherever products are sold. may not be combined with any other promotional or discount offer, unless expressly authorized by ea; may not be combined with any prepaid card redeemable for the applicable content. offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. customers are responsible for applicable sales tax. retailers, distributors and employees of electronic arts inc. and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. see applicable end user license agreements and disclosures on http://www.ea.com/1/product-eulas.

Did you accidentally link to your own marketing company by mistake? TradeDoubler? Great marketing skills there.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Just got the gold edition, the promo code doesn't work on the base level game. Buy deluxe or gold.

Jeffrey

does buying stuff from mexico origin till work?

I remember buying most of my games for like ~$35 usd back in the day.

Sky87

Watch Dogs 2 Deluxe cost the same as the normal edition. The 50% code worked here, but my order is ''being processed'', so i guess they can still cancel the order if they realize the code wasn't supposed to be used?

Saiyan-Rox

Well it works for bioware points...still overly expensive though for everything and you can only add 1600 to the cart

Top Bottom