• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50% Off Origin Store (doesnt work on preorders except Watch Dogs 2)

Atomic Odin

Doesn't work on Bioware points....

hmc.gif

Won't let me buy Bioware points 'cause I don't own Dragon Age 2. Fuck it, I'll continue never having seen Mass Effect 3s DLC and altered ending.

shepard-waaaathkfx6.gif

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Guess I'm the only moron thinking of grabbing Battlefront. It has a single player mode vs bots right? I really want to see it on my PC.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Bought starwars battlefront for 15.
Needed a good looking game to test my gtx1060.
60ish fps on max on 3440x1440.

Game is still dead online hahaha

Rootbeer

Banned
Just wanted to check back in... they finally added Watch Dogs 2 Gold Edition to my library.

Now, rather it will stay there is another matter... but, I'm feeling a lot better about it than I was yesterday, hah.

derExperte

Just recieved the confirmation email, game is now showing in my library.

Did you get charged? Is it still showing 'processing' in your order history? For me it does but Doges2 is in my library since yesterday.

Origin doesn't charge until a week before release.

Good to know, wasn't like this the last time I preordered something a couple of years ago. Better than Steam (or any other online store) taking money immediately.

phant0m

Guess I'm the only moron thinking of grabbing Battlefront. It has a single player mode vs bots right? I really want to see it on my PC.

Sort of . It's still a *very* weak offering. Game modes are limited and I haven't seen anything with bots on any of the DLC content. That said, the sound and visuals in the game are truly stunning.

They changed the web storefront now to look like their shitty PC update, coupon code doesn't work on watch dogs 2 anymore but also it seems like, at least for my state, the web client is starting to charge tax on orders too if you try to pay with paypal. Same with client checkout.

Pretty lame, sticking with best buy and GCU for my orders but even less reason to ever check out the origin store.

Aracarn

Yesterday I bought Bioware points in the Origin client through the Mass Effect 3 DLC pane just fine.

Just to expand on this, you need to have Mass Effect 3 downloaded. If you click on it in your library, then go to the Extra Content pane and then select the DLC that you want. You can then purchase Bioware points with the discount.

Just be sure to enter the promo code EACH TIME!

dlemarc

Just to expand on this, you need to have Mass Effect 3 downloaded. If you click on it in your library, then go to the Extra Content pane and then select the DLC that you want. You can then purchase Bioware points with the discount.

Just be sure to enter the promo code EACH TIME!

This is what I did a few months ago to buy all of the DLC for ME2 and ME3 the last time Origin had a sale. The trick is you have to click the DLC you want in ME3 and buy extra points, then you can use those points on ME2.

wheapon

So can I only use this code once or just do it for every individual purchase?

You should be able to use this for each purchase.

EDIT: Man, I just can't decide if I want to take the plunge on the Mass Effect DLC. It ends up being pretty pricey for all of it even with the sale.

Arsin

Thanks for this! I will be getting all of the ME3 DLC.

So with regards to that, what is the best way to start the game again? Is the DLC available right away and should be saved for later? Should I do them in a certain order?

Thanks!

Edit* So I have tried every way to buy some Bioware points and nothing is working with the code. I think they may have changed it to make it not work with them any more.

Pics_nao

Bought the Mass Effect series for $20. Great deal. I kinda wanna get Titanfall too but with the sequel coming around I don't see a point.

Trojan

Thanks for the heads-up on this deal, OP. I was able to pickup Crysis 3 and Mass Effect 3 for $20 total and complete those trilogies in my collection.

Top Bottom