• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50% Off Origin Store (doesnt work on preorders except Watch Dogs 2)

Tacitus_

Cool, got the Trespasser DLC for DA:I. From what I've gathered the other two aren't worth it? Mainly just want to spend more time with Sera and Iron Bull.

I didn't like Watch Dogs 1 and the hipsters in 2 are putting me clean off lol I was hoping they had Mafia 3 in there but alas no. Conflicted about Mass Effect Dlc as I have it all on my ps3. Curse my weakness for Sales!

wildfire

Banned
Looking at the screen shots I'm guessing the discount on Watch Dogs 2 works for EU or UK members. I tried applying at American prices and none of the editions work.

Nimajneb

Did you read the OP and used the code? And could depend on country, maybe they didn't lower the base price everywhere.

I'm in the US, and the base price is $40. I suppose those saying $15 could be in a different country.

Oh well, $20 is still a good price for the game.

NeoRaider

I'm in the US, and the base price is $40. I suppose those saying $15 could be in a different country.

Oh well, $20 is still a good price for the game.

Yeah i am in Europe and game is 30e without the discount which is kinda shocking considering it was released few months ago. So with code it should be 15e.

Someone else here mentioned 15$, so that's why i thought it's 15$ for some regions, but i guess it's not really 15$.

Deadstar

It's still expensive as fuck. 1600 points can't even get you all the ME2 DLC - not even the important ones leaving the outfits out. What the fuck?

I'm not buying ANYTHING mass effect related until they release a collection with every game and all dlc. The prices are stupid.

Code isn't working for Bioware Bucks here (US), guess im not getting those ME dlcs
sad.gif

DarKshodaN

So i bought the Watch Dogs 2 Deluxe Editon for 27€ with Paypal. Game showed up in my Origin Libary like it should, but when i look on my Paypal Account, i don't see the Transaction from it.

Never had this before, normaly i see the Transaction directly on my Paypal Account when i buy somethinhg.

Refund incoming?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why does origin even sell Ubi games doesn't that defeat the point of uplay? Or they give Ubi the 70% ?

Like Steam, the games go through Uplay. Unlike Steam, EA gets a cut.

Also Hardflop for $10 isn't enticing when EA put it on sale for ~$7 earlier this month.

Drop it to like $5, and we'll talk EA.

EpicBox

How can I navigate to a point where I can buy Bioware points for Mass Effect 2? I have that game on disc, not on Origin.

dEvAnGeL

no dice for ME3 DLC, the only DLC you can buy with this promo is the from ashes DLC, since you cannot buy Bioware points with the promo ( USA ) just buy the digital deluxe upgrade for the game, it includes the from ashes DLC and some other stuff, the code works on that

Ghazi

no dice for ME3 DLC, the only DLC you can buy with this promo is the from ashes DLC, since you cannot buy Bioware points with the promo ( USA ) just buy the digital deluxe upgrade for the game, it includes the from ashes DLC and some other stuff, the code works on that

I just bought BioWare points in the USA with the code, but it also just stopped working.

oneils

Code isn't working for Bioware Bucks here (US), guess im not getting those ME dlcs
sad.gif

Try doing it in the origin app rather than your web browser. Someone mentioned it worked for them this way. Also, it seems to work with bundles of 1600 points and under.

He's not a marketer. Jesus. The discount code is in a giant fucking banner on top of the page when you boot up Origin.

ok. guess its on neogaf's end then.

dEvAnGeL

i can confirm that you can buy as many Bioware points as you want ( USA ) on the origin client, you can use the code multiple times, so you can buy 1600 points a few times and you're golden

Saiyan-Rox

i can confirm that you can buy as many Bioware points as you want ( USA ) on the origin client, you can use the code multiple times, so you can buy 1600 points a few times and you're golden

Nice I think I'm gonna have to jump in and get those mass effect dlc. Which ones are important for both me2 and 3? Already have from ashes I got it a few months back but never played it cause I wanted the rest.

dEvAnGeL

Nice I think I'm gonna have to jump in and get those mass effect dlc. Which ones are important for both me2 and 3? Already have from ashes I got it a few months back but never played it cause I wanted the rest.
for 2 you have to get lair of the shadow broker, thats like the best and most integral part of the story when it comes to DLC, for ME3 leviathan and from ashes are the ones that tie to the story, omega and citadel are not needed but are the best DLCs in the game

Unless you plan on playing Mass Effect and the DLCs in the next few months you may want to wait, EA has hinted a few times now they are thinking about a mass effect remaster.

At the very least I'd wait until Nov 7th aka Mass Effect day to see what announcements are made.

On the other hand, every ME day I think a remaster is going to get announced and I have been disappointed every year so my track record is like 0 for 5.

Top Bottom