• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50% Off Origin Store (doesnt work on preorders except Watch Dogs 2)

Ghazi

So BF1 ultimate edition is half off? A full game a the price of a full game? REJOICE

OP says it doesn't work on pre orders other than Watch Dogs 2

Unless you plan on playing Mass Effect and the DLCs in the next few months you may want to wait, EA has hinted a few times now they are thinking about a mass effect remaster.

At the very least I'd wait until Nov 7th aka Mass Effect day to see what announcements are made.

On the other hand, every ME day I think a remaster is going to get announced and I have been disappointed every year so my track record is like 0 for 5.
The struggle I faced, though, is that discounts don't happen often for the DLC. So if they decide not to do it, you're fucked. If you do buy the DLC and they announce a remaster, you're fucked. It's a bad situation all around.

dEvAnGeL

Unless you plan on playing Mass Effect and the DLCs in the next few months you may want to wait, EA has hinted a few times now they are thinking about a mass effect remaster.

At the very least I'd wait until Nov 7th aka Mass Effect day to see what announcements are made.

On the other hand, every ME day I think a remaster is going to get announced and I have been disappointed every year so my track record is like 0 for 5.
95% of the time remasters are for consoles, getting all the DLC now that is feasible to get it for cheap is the right move if you're a mass effect fan and have the game on PC, also when you mod the game it looks beautiful, far far better than any remaster EA can put out

terrible

Banned
Bought Mirror's Edge Catalyst. $20.. crazy. I would've bought it at launch but I didn't upgrade my PC until recently. The first Mirror's Edge is one of my all-time favs.

bounchfx

would absolutely buy Mirrors edge 2 for $15, but it's not listed as 15. How are you guys finding it for that? or even £12 ?

I've been wanting to get mass effect 3 too but its still over 5. I'll keep waiting, can't justify buying it again for that much when I already have it on xb

Dang wish I would've seen this earlier. I would have definitely got watch dogs. Bought the Star Wars season pass. 23 dollars seems fair..

Nipo

These threads are great. I know most people don't read the OP but these show who doesn't even finish the headline.

derExperte

Just speculating, but the signs are there.

People are getting the game removed from their libraries. Others have not been charged on Paypal.

Not like it would be hard to cancel digital pre-orders. Nothing has exchanged hands. I'm positive Ubisoft did not authorize EA to sell their new game at a loss.

Hmm, still says 'processing' in my order history. I used PayPal first as payment, then changed it to a credit card later. Weird that they're not charging instantly, they did the last time I preordered something.

Out 1

Which of the Dragon Age Inquisition DLCs is worth picking up?

Trespasser. It's the main game's Act 4/ending.

The other two are not too bad either: the first one gives you a neat area to explore, while the Deep Roads one is interesting lore-wise.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Mirrors Edge is $15 with code if you use VPN to do Origin Mexico. Figured people might consider it worth checking out.

WillyFive

all addons are free right now. you only needed the base game, or does premium give some other stuff?

Gives some extra perks like unlocks and whatnot; but if you bought the BF4 Premium within the last few days, you should ask for a refund.

Gives some extra perks like unlocks and whatnot; but if you bought the BF4 Premium within the last few days, you should ask for a refund.

Do you know how I could do that? Dunno if BF Premium is eligible for it cause I don't see a refund link in my orders. 40 dollars not worth server priority for me.

Mirror's Edge and Crysis 3 half price.

giphy.gif

manfestival

so does this work with the ultimate version of BFone? I was considering getting this if the main game is basically the same or even 10 dollars more since it wont be a big deal and I cant imagine them discounting the main game

I don't like this new Origin client. Have to link my credit card details before I can even get to the Cart page to add the promo code.

No chance I'm buying those Mass Effect 3 DLCs now that they've hinted at the remaster. It seems like you can't even buy the 1600 point pack any more, and 50% off takes it from $64 AU to $32 AU for a few hours of new stuff in a four year old game I didn't even like that much. I've waited this long; I can wait for a remaster.

Arklite

Picked up Catalyst immediately after seeing this. Been apprehensive of it since before launch but I'm pumped to see how it turned out.

luffeN

Does not work on any edition of watch dogs for me :(

Edit:

The text says that it does not work on pre-orders and select third party titles.

BasilZero

Would it be wise to buy ME3 Digital Deluxe edition now with the 50% coupon or wait during holidays to see if it goes down by 70% to 75%? Has it ever gone down that low?

Other than Amazon - does EA allow the sale of Origin client games on other DD like GMG?

PaulLFC

I ordered earlier today around 1pm. I noticed it was in my library when I got home at 6 something.
Does it still show as 'Processing' in your order history, or has it switched to a different status now it's appeared in your library?

Mine is still showing as processing.

Sky87

Does it still show as 'Processing' in your order history, or has it switched to a different status now it's appeared in your library?

Mine is still showing as processing.

Same. Confirmation email said it could take 24-48 hours at most.

Top Bottom