• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 Days to Die |OT| Survial, Minecraft, CoD, Zombies, Play/Create/Share!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think I'm gonna take a break from the game until it gets patched up a bit more. Was on my minibike yesterday (with a full basket of loot) when the game crashed. Upon reloading, my bike was gone. :( I have a second one, so really it's fine, but still, losing that much due to a crash is kinda deflating.

GodofWine

So, it's been raining for two days straight. The second I go outside to fortify my base or get some wood, hypothermia. Then, temperature goes up. No medication. I have not died once from the zombies but the heat and the rain just keep on killing me. I mean, I was overheating, got into the river and nothing. My core temperature just keeps going up.

Any advices? I have not gone exploring much because I have been working so hard on my main base. Other than that, I love the game but it's tough.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I found going topless with a cowboy hat cooled me the most, ymmv , they will be addressing the body temps in a July/august patch.

Last night, my dinky house was being attacked and I died, so I spawned "near my bed" to be away from the house...so I spawn in, back up slowly..bump into something, it was a bear! It ate :( lol. Think I'm going to start a new game with zombies off, practice my survival and crafting skills in relative peace.

So, it's been raining for two days straight. The second I go outside to fortify my base or get some wood, hypothermia. Then, temperature goes up. No medication. I have not died once from the zombies but the heat and the rain just keep on killing me. I mean, I was overheating, got into the river and nothing. My core temperature just keeps going up.

Any advices? I have not gone exploring much because I have been working so hard on my main base. Other than that, I love the game but it's tough.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Bandana, shades and a straw hat can be worn together to drop temperature considerably. What biome did you start in? Anyone starting or new I suggest starting in the green plains.

Linconan

Despite the problems with the game with bugs, glitches and errors...
*grabs box of tissues*

sogood.gif

I'm really loving this game

Hostile_18

Banned
I'm not having as easy time getting a refund for this as others. To me it's launched in an unacceptable state. Also Playstation support is TERRIBLE.

-----

Andrew: Hi, my name is Andrew. How may I help you?

Kevin: Hi there. I purchased "7 days to die" a week ago and I requested a refund as I belived the game was faulty as outlined in your terms and conditions for software that had been downloaded.

Kevin: I sent an email detailing microstutter every minute or so, save files been corrupted, unresponsive menus and numerous other bug's. Also on the playstation store at no point was it stated the game was early access and in an unfinished state.

Andrew: Thanks, give me a moment to have a look at that, shouldn't take long!

Kevin: I sent an email requesting a refund and I just got a response back saying that as I had downloaded the software I wasn't entitled to a refund but this goes agains the policy on your terms and conditions given the serious nature of the problems. Thank you.

Andrew: Okay upon looking into this I can see we have not issued a refund currently, we first must look at fixing the game itself for you, we would require you a contact the publisher about this fault to see if they recognise this as a fault and also if you could delete and reinstall the product this would help us to further investigate your case.

Andrew: This is we will always first look at attempting to fix your issues.

Andrew: I haven't heard from you for a while, so just to let you know that this chat will end in two minutes unless I hear from you again.

Kevin: I'm not looking to wait while the publisher fix's game breaking problems unfortunately. The game was not released in a suitable state and it was bought through the playstation store there for the deal was with yourself not the publisher. These problems are well documented online I. E not my copy or machine. In your terms and conditions it says I'm entitled to a refund if the software is faulty and it is as it is unplayable due to these problems.

Kevin: I've bought a game that I cannot play essentially.

Andrew: I understand your frustration at this Kevin however this is the way in which we can either look at fixing this game or further investigate on your behalf if you can not help us to help you then it will be difficult to fix this for you.

Kevin: When you buy a game you expect it to be playable straight away without any serious problems. For the record is Sony's official position that they will no longer refund for faulty software? If this is the case how come the terms and conditions haven't been updated? And surely the terms and conditions that were stated when I purchased areally the ones that are binding to me? I've bought ALOT of software on the store and I'm aware of small problems and them been fixed post purchase but not problem where you physically can't play or enjoy thegame you paid money for.

Andrew: I am not making any official statement on behalf of Sony Kevin, I am merely stating that in order for us to go down the route you would like us to we have to ensure that this is a fault in the game and not due to any other unforeseen underlying issues. This is why we must delete and re download the game and also contact the publisher for there advice.

Kevin: I'm happy to be credited to my sen wallet and spend it on a game I can play and enjoy today, not waiting months down the line for the developer to possibley fix.

Kevin: I've downloaded the game twice and also my friend who also purchased the software had exactly the same problems (stuttering every minute, save files unable to load etc).

Kevin: Also if you look on Neogaf the issues are well documented amongst many players. Many of whom have been reinversed by yourselves.

Andrew: I am not saying you have to wait for a publisher fix none of this is clear at the minute, it's great to hear that you have deleted and reinstalled this content once you have made contact with the publishers and assuming they cannot fix this please come back to us with a reference from them and we will be more that happy to look into this further! The reference number from us is xxxxx.

Kevin: That is not up to me of the purchaser of goods from your store to deal with. I should be credited and it should be yourselves that need to talk to the developer (i.e your suppler) about the quality of their products.

Kevin: Can I please talk to a supervisor if this simple issue cannot be resolved.

Andrew: I am only advising you of the best next steps in order to fix this issue, if you will not do this then I am not able to further this case on as this is the only for us to be able to do this Kevin, can I ask what you would like to discuss with a supervisor ?

Kevin: The terms and conditions I purchased from are simple and clear. The issues with this game are well documented and at no point was it stated on the store page that this game was still in "early access" I.e unfinished. Your telling me to talk to the publisher and wait patches and that is unacceptable. I would like to get to the bottom of why I'm been denied a refund or credit back to my sen account. This is the first time I've had a problem with software and I'm reviving terrible service as a loyal customer.

Andrew: I understand, to be clear I have only said you have to contact the publisher for advice not for you to wait for them to fix this with a patch as that is information I do not have access to. In order for you to get what you wish I have to advise you the best if not the only way do this. I understand this is not the outcome you were hoping for and you were expecting immediate action however this is the way in which we would have to go by in order to get this fixed speaking to a supervisor would not change this.

Kevin: I'd still like to talk to a supervisor. I don't believe it's the customers reposnsibility to chase up with your suppliers and it certainly makes no mention of that in your terms and conditions. Also other people getting refunds for this game have not had to do the steps you describe.

Andrew: I can set this up for you Kevin if you wish, I have spoken to them about this case advises you views and they have advised me that this step must happen first, as far as we are aware Telltale games reply speed on this is quite fast as we have heard of similar issues, though we must get there recognition of this issue first so that we can look into this for you. I am only advising you of this as a supervisor call back can take upto 72 hours to complete on average and for them to tell you the same thing I have already advised I feel would be wasting your time in the long run but I can do this if you have your doubts about this kevin?

Kevin: I'll wait for a call back from a supervisor. If you've heard about these issues from other people then you must know they exist. A refund for a loyal customer who has found an item to be of unacceptable quality (unplayable, faulty) should not be an issue for most retailers.

Andrew: As I have said because this is a in game issue we are not privy to the software showing the issue to be present this is why we need this but I will look at setting this up for you, I just need to take your online ID, email address and date of birth on the account, just to make sure we're looking at the right one.

Kevin: I'm sure if Sony wanted to there will be official forums talking about the console versions problems but again I don't feel that this is the customers duty to chase up as I purchased the product for yourselves.

Kevin: OK I'll type that now.

Kevin: Online ID is "xxxx" my sign in email is xxxxx. my DOB is xxxx.

Andrew: Thanks and a telephone number for yourself?

Kevin: xxxxx

Andrew: Thanks for that, as far as I can see that should be all that we need to provide this call back for you. Do you have any other questions ?

Kevin: No thank you.

Andrew: Just to let you know that there’ll be a really short survey at the end of this chat, and I’d really appreciate your feedback on how I did today. Thanks for chatting with us, have a good day.

Andrew has disconnected.

That sounds pretty poor. Did a supervisor come back to you? I was just watching footage of this on YouTube and the PS4 version looks really awful. Is it supposed to be 'early access', or is that just what people are equating it to?

Hostile_18

Banned
That sounds pretty poor. Did a supervisor come back to you? I was just watching footage of this on YouTube and the PS4 version looks really awful. Is it supposed to be 'early access', or is that just what people are equating it to?

No I was told it wold be up to 72 hours. What a way to treat customers. Especially considering this is the first time I've ever requested a refund on any kind of grounds. They definitely have short term money making goals unlike Amazon's short term loss, long term gain strategy. You just wouldn't expect this kind of attitude from a big company like Sony.

Anyone but a die hard gamer would simply take their money elsewhere in the future.

daevv

Got the game yesterday. Having fun so far. Reminds me of the first time I played Minecraft. I'm constantly saying "I need this. What do I need to make this? Shit I need food, etc." Took me 3 days to find a pot to boil water and make food. It's stressful at times but it's my kind of game. :)

Really disappointed to read there are no servers, most of the ones on PC are deader than disco which is a bummer because PvP on this was quite fun when I played it a couple years ago.

Heard that there were some changes made that weren't very good though.

GodofWine

Patch 1.03 out on consoles, save corruption bug included in notes..on mobile but I'm gonna try and copy them to here in a moment

Edit...boom

Release Notes (Copy & paste forum the official forums)

Patch 2
We are excited to announce the release of Patch 2 for 7 Days to Die on Xbox One and PlayStation 4! This patch contains a combination of improvements and optimizations that focus on issues discovered both by our dev team and by you, the community. The list below outlines many but not all of the fixes and improvements included in Patch 2 by the 7 Days to Die team:

Stability Issues and Improvements

* Fixed an issue where players would get stuck on the Building Environment screen when attempting to load into a save game with corrupted terrain
o The fix works by replacing corrupted terrain chunks with their original versions; this may cause loss of anything built or modified in these corrupted chunks

* Fixed an infinite loading screen that would sometimes occur when the player would disconnect the controller on the Building Environment screen after dying

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when the player would draw water from a non-ocean source

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur after the second player would quit out of a Local Multiplayer session lasting longer than an hour

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when using antibiotics on the Player Menu

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when shooting enemies with an AK-47

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when navigating inventory menus

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when many players would join and exit an online game repeatedly

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when the host of a multiplayer game would jump on the head of a client as the client was quitting the game

Art Issues and Improvements

* Improved lighting and shaders by reworking the day / night lighting shadows and tone for every biome; also tuned all the colors, brightness, and ambience

* Fixed an issue where performance would dip while a player was holding a torch or was nearby an object emitting fire and smoke VFX (e.g. campfires, torches, forges)

* Optimized texture packaging to increase available memory

Sound Issues and Improvements

* Added menu navigation sound effects within the Front End and Pause Menu

* Fixed an issue where audio would loop when using certain weapons (e.g. Auger, Chainsaw, AK47, Submachine Gun)

* Fixed an issue where the volume for some sound effects (Bow and Arrow, other weapons, zombie) would become inaudible after the player crouched multiple times in a game session

* Fixed an issue with rain SFX playing more loudly in some biomes than others

* Fixed an issue where ambient rain sounds would play on the main menu after quitting a game

Gameplay Issues and Improvements

* Fixed an issue where the player would overheat too quickly, even when attempting to cool themselves by standing in water or going to a snowy biome

* Fixed an issue where zombie hordes wouldn’t spawn if the world already contained the maximum number of zombies when the blood moon begins

* Fixed an issue where dropped items (e.g. Auger) would fall through the world

* Fixed an issue where hordes would spawn every day after Day 49

* Optimized network packet for less network data

* Added search field for inventory in Single Player and Online Multiplayer sessions

* Added in-game controller vibration when the player takes damage above a certain threshold. You may enable or disable this setting within the Controls menu.

* Fixed an issue where the map in the map menu would load more slowly for clients in an online session

* Fixed an issue where the Airdrop Supply Marker would disappear when the player moves out of range

* Fixed an issue where the player could scroll outside of the map’s borders in the menu

* Fixed an issue where the shooting animation would become corrupted when the player stopped aiming down the sites

* Fixed an issue where it would become difficult to pick up items from a close distance

* Fixed an issue where glass panes in the environment did not have proper collision

Thank you for all of your support and patience as we work to make your experience with 7 Days to Die the best we can!

Source: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47374-08-09-PATCH-2-is-now-LIVE-PATCH-NOTES-INCLUDED

GodofWine

Does that take the game from Alpha to Beta?

Console version is "complete", but that was probably just lip service to get the game sold, and it should receive patches now and then.

I feel like no games are complete now, ever.

But on PC its still Alpha. I'm just glad I can now feel confident to start a long campaign, its a fun game.

I was excited to see this pop up today. Tons of apparent fixes. I just want to see if they fixed the little freeze/ framerate hiccup that occurred every 30 seconds or so, that was so annoying.

GodofWine

I was excited to see this pop up today. Tons of apparent fixes. I just want to see if they fixed the little freeze/ framerate hiccup that occurred every 30 seconds or so, that was so annoying.

People say its still there, but the devs said they found the cause while fixing the console version and are fixing it. And the fix will also work on the PC version.

FatalT

Banned
This is 15% off at $25.49 this week on PSN. I see a second patch just released for it that fixed some bugs and what-not. Is anyone still playing this and is it better now? I really want a survival-type game like this after playing No Man's Sky and I'm itching for a competent crafting/base-building system. I have Minecraft already but I really want something new. Worth it now or wait for more patches?

This is 15% off at $25.49 this week on PSN. I see a second patch just released for it that fixed some bugs and what-not. Is anyone still playing this and is it better now? I really want a survival-type game like this after playing No Man's Sky and I'm itching for a competent crafting/base-building system. I have Minecraft already but I really want something new. Worth it now or wait for more patches?

Considering it's on sale right now, I'd say it's absolutely worth it if you're feeling that survival itch right now.

pots555

Bought it day one and stopped because of the overheating bug. Started again today and having so much fun since I know how things work. Very satisfying but tough to get a good base going. And they fixed the overheating one. God that got old quickly.

GodofWine

Bought it day one and stopped because of the overheating bug. Started again today and having so much fun since I know how things work. Very satisfying but tough to get a good base going. And they fixed the overheating one. God that got old quickly.

I agree, its still not a technical gem, but the save issue seems fixed, and I too am having a load of fun with this.

pots555

I was super intense working on improving my base. I was concentrating only on finishing my protective wall outside. Suddenly, I turned around and 6 zombies plus one dog were coming at me.

My stamina was super low. They made short work of me. Came back, sprinted for my backpack and killed them all. I'm pumped right now. God I love this game.

Majmun

Bought this today for the Ps4. It has to be one of the ugliest games ever. But I'm still intruiged while playing this.

Can I somehow remove hunger/thirst needs? It's really annoying when games have me feeding characters to survive. I just want to build things.

SomTervo

Bought this today for the Ps4. It has to be one of the ugliest games ever. But I'm still intruiged while playing this.

Can I somehow remove hunger/thirst needs? It's really annoying when games have me feeding characters to survive. I just want to build things.

Focus on finding a body of water, and keep searching for bird nests on the ground and deer to hunt. After a few hours, food and water become trivial.

The really important thing? Make sure you have a safe (and I mean SAFE) place ready by the 7th day.

GodofWine

For what its worth, Im having way too much fun with this game. I mainly play with a couple IRL friends, and its been a blast, even on the less then technically stellar PS4 version.

The devs recently communicated on their intent to bring the majority of PC features to console once they are COMPLETELY ironed out, so this is encouraging too.

A quick base tour from what we've built out of an old gun shop:

Ye Old Gun Shop

Its been patched 5 times, a 6th is on the way. Major bugs are fixed, the next patch will improve random worlds on consoles too. Save corruption is no longer 'a thing', playing online is a mostly smooth experience. We really need to be able to rent servers on console though, needing the host to be online is the only drag.

Tis the season for zombies.

goonergaz

So anyone still playing this, I'm not usually into these kinds of games - gave minecraft a go but after a few days got to a point that I didn't know what to do next...however I always fancied DayZ and with no sign of it materialising on PS4 and this being in the sale I picked it up.

To begin with it was a real struggle - like I said, I'm not really into these kinds of games - however having played some No Mans Sky I got into the idea of mining and crafting a bit so after some time I was able to start enjoying the game and now I'm totally addicted.

I'm about 18 days in and am at the point of figuring out how to make iron axe & picks - I just realised also I have the ingredients for TNT so I think I can start blowing up gun safes. Anyway, whilst the copy and paste nature of the world does it no favours I'm still enjoying the overall exploration...I stumbled on a very secure graveyard and am considering setting up a bit of a farm there.

Anyway, anyone else still playing?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Omg... the frigging input lag in this game. Wtf.

I can look past all the other faults, but this is borderline unplayable for me.

Btw: I tried looking at some reviews for this game, and not a single one I read mentioned the issue. What is even the point of these fucking people -- worthless.

jambo

I totally forgot about this game, can't believe it's still in Alpha on PC.

I backed it at a lower level ($15), so I still don't have any way of playing it, as my pledge level is for final release only.

I tried the lost key URL trick (http://7daystodie.com/my7dtd/lostkey.php). but all I got was an "Unable to parse request" error.

Reported the project to KS, but it seems automated and probably won't do much.

I totally forgot about this game, can't believe it's still in Alpha on PC.

I backed it at a lower level ($15), so I still don't have any way of playing it, as my pledge level is for final release only.

I tried the lost key URL trick (http://7daystodie.com/my7dtd/lostkey.php). but all I got was an "Unable to parse request" error.

Reported the project to KS, but it seems automated and probably won't do much.

That's actually insane considering the game has been on sale for lower than that at times. Fuck Kickstarter's that lock out keys despite the game being in "Early Access".

pixelbox

More hyperbole. Having a blast with the game. Remember to activate distance terrain in the options. Great concept, not just for the zombies but in general. Don't forget to do research on how to play. Some things can be esoteric which can be frustrating but watching others can help and it's fun too.

Krakn3Dfx

Been playing this on the PC for a couple of weeks after abandoning it when it first came out into early access and having a ton of fun with it. They've really come a long way both graphically and content wise. Went as far as to set up my own small private server to play with a couple of friends. Game is a ton of fun in coop getting a base set up, but also a lot of fun just running around by yourself trying to make it through the night huddled up in a house or gas station until the sun comes up.

GodofWine

Patch incoming for consoles - Pretty awesome one too - new buildings, new locations and trading posts and vending machines are added!

New Features
For those of you who follow development of the PC version of 7 Days to Die, the features below will probably look pretty familiar! ALL of these features will require you start a new game to experience them.

New Navezgane Map and Locations
Navezgane has been upgraded with a variety of changes, including:
· Almost 2 square kilometers of new explorable space
· New highly embellished height map with huge mountains in every biome
· New giant desert canyon
· New prefabs
· New locations using old prefabs

New Random World Generation Locations
Newly generated random games can contain over 15 new locations! These include:
· A hidden bomb shelter
· An oil refinery
· A funeral Home
· A prison
· The Red Mesa Government Installation
· Buzz’s Bar
· …and many more!

Traders
Traders have moved into zombie country and set up shop! They carry a variety of products, some of which you cannot get anywhere else in the game. They live in indestructible compounds that are open during daylight hours (6:05 – 21:50) and closed after dark. Players loitering inside the compound after close of business will be kicked out (aka automatically teleported outside of the compound).

Traders also provide rentable vending machines where players can sell their own goods to other players and even other unseen NPC survivors (see below for details). There are five different traders in the new Navezgane map and there will be at least one trader in every random gen world.ne trader in every random gen world.

Vending Machines
Vending Machines are new blocks in Patch 11. Vending Machines come in three flavors: beverage vending machines, rentable trader-protected vending machines found at Trader Settlements, and player-owned vending machines. Traders usually have beverage vending machines and several rentable vending machines in their compounds.

Beverage vending machines can be found at various locations and POIs. You can buy items from them using Dukes Casino Tokens but cannot sell items. The choice of items is limited to food and drink.

Rentable Vending machines can be rented for a fee (2500 Duke Tokens). The rent lasts 30 days. During this time, the Player can add items from his or her inventory to the vending machine. Prices can be increased above Standard Price or reduced (down to 20% of Standard Price). Other players in a game can purchase items from rented vending machines and, sometimes, sometimes items will be “bought” by NPCs (NPCs in this regard exist only as buyers; they can’t be seen or interacted with). Note that upon expiration of rent, all items still in the machine are lost!

Player-owned vending machines can be purchased from Traders after taking one point in the Secret Stash perk. These exist permanently in the spot a player places them in or until they are destroyed. Items placed in these vending machines are lost when the vending machine is destroyed.

Mining and Ore Updates
Worlds in all new games will contain random underground mineral veins where you can find all the old ores plus new rare mineral deposits (diamonds, gold, and silver). Players can hunt these veins out using new gravel patches on the surface that will indicate that there is ore below. New mineral types can be sold at the Trader Stations.will contain random underground mineral veins where you can find all the old ores plus new rare mineral deposits (diamonds, gold, and silver). Players can hunt these veins out using new gravel patches on the surface that will indicate that there is ore below. New mineral types can be sold at the Trader Stations.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

Gameplay
· Fixed an issue that would cause ammo to disappear if it were assembled by a player with no free slot in their inventory
· Fixed an issue that would cause the hoe to appear broken in the UI after it had been fixed
· Fixed an issue that caused the flashlight to turn off when the player would perform another action
· Fixed an issue that made it possible for a player to have more than one infection at the same time
· Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause in-game time to freeze when starting up an online multiplayer game after resuming from a suspended state
· Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause in-game time to pass while the player was in Rest Mode
· Fixed an issue that allowed there to be a small chance a player would spawn into the Wasteland in a randomly generated map
· Fixed an issue that allowed zombies to set the player and each other on fire underwater
· Fixed an issue that allowed items dropped on the ground after the Lootable Gore Block was destroyed to be picked up from a long distance
· Fixed an issue that caused a player’s wellness to fluctuate upon getting snowberry poisoning
· Fixed an issue that caused characters to seem as though they had close on when they didn’t
· Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause players to become stuck in blocks
· Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause bedrolls to be destroyed after placement on an Iron Desk

Art/Audio
· Fixed an issue that caused the wooden spike to be missing several rotations
· Fixed an issue that caused artificial lights to dim for the client as the host moved further away from them in a local multiplayer game

System/Stability
· Fixed an issue that would cause the game to crash when a client in an online multiplayer game would log in after quitting the previous session as they were dying
· Fixed an issue that caused an unresponsive state in a local multiplayer game if both controllers were disconnected while the game was suspended
· Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash after the player would drop 3 or more candles
· Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when a player would try to equip and assemble or scrap an item simultaneously

JarrodL

Is there a trick to locating the exact spot for hidden treasure map quests? I've been digging for like 3 days and so far nothing.

The journal tip says it's usually buried "1-2 meters below ground", how many blocks is that?

Venfayth

Is there a trick to locating the exact spot for hidden treasure map quests? I've been digging for like 3 days and so far nothing.

The journal tip says it's usually buried "1-2 meters below ground", how many blocks is that?

Try to mark as close to the X as possible with your own marker on the map

Then stand on that spot

Mine down 3-4 blocks

Start mining out from that center spot in a circular pattern, 3-4 blocks down

I'll usually find the chest within a few minutes doing it that way

JarrodL

Try to mark as close to the X as possible with your own marker on the map

Then stand on that spot

Mine down 3-4 blocks

Start mining out from that center spot in a circular pattern, 3-4 blocks down

I'll usually find the chest within a few minutes doing it that way

Damn, I was assuming it'd be right below the surface. Thanks, I'll try digging further.

okiemok

The "Experimental" branch for the PC version of A17 has been released on Steam. It definitely moves differently than before, which is pretty typical with their major releases.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Did it ever get good? I bought it ages ago, fuck knows why (or maybe I got it in a bundle or something - fucked if I can remember) but honestly it was absolute turd, another never-finished shitty survival game.

okiemok

Did it ever get good?

I think the PC Build has been a lot of fun for almost every major version release. It's not the perfect zombie game, but they often have a good mix of crafting, building, and exploration/discovery under the threat of a zombie apocalypse. From what I understand the Console version has always been lacking, and now it is royally screwed with Telltale's demise. It is in a legal limbo where no one could work on it even if they had the resources.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I think the PC Build has been a lot of fun for almost every major version release. It's not the perfect zombie game, but they often have a good mix of crafting, building, and exploration/discovery under the threat of a zombie apocalypse. From what I understand the Console version has always been lacking, and now it is royally screwed with Telltale's demise. It is in a legal limbo where no one could work on it even if they had the resources.

I had the PC version and it was pretty janky and ugly as sin. What was Telltale's involvement in this?

Shotpun

I had the PC version and it was pretty janky and ugly as sin. What was Telltale's involvement in this?

I believe Telltale was the publisher for the console versions, no idea what is going on there now.

I've considered buying this from a sale couple times but always decided against it, I like the idea of the game but its been on early access for five years for crying out loud and it's still janky as hell. The game really could use a better engine and a bigger budget.

okiemok

What was Telltale's involvement in this?

Telltale had the license to make the Console port. When they had problems the 7Days devs tried to get that license back (I assume so they could have someone else work on it) but evidently what is left of Telltale does not want to give it back so the 7Days folks have said they are going to pursue legal action. It definitely sounds like mistakes were made in the granting of the license in the first place.

it was pretty janky and ugly as sin

I am definitely not going to dispute this, and would say if these things make it unattractive to you, you probably will not like where it is now. There are definitely elements that are janky for sure, but for me in a fun way. They have done a good deal of work to improve it visually, but I suspect it will just look "different" not necessarily "better" .

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
In general, if there's a good game under the jank I can cope with a bit of jank (I had an Atari ST - I'm used to games looking like shit) but it just seems so uninspired. Might give it a re-download at some point to see where it's at though currently Bayonetta, Kingdom Come Deliverance and Yakuza 0 are devouring my limited gaming time.

Top Bottom