• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 page FABLE blowout at IGN!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
IJoel said:
THANK YOU!

You r0x!
No problem. I have a lot of bandwidth I HAVE to use (yes HAVE to, if I go under 10 mbits/s I may lose the hosting, weird he ?) so if you need some games video hosting/mirroring (as long as these videos are freely available) for any system (not only xbox) just contact me.

Since it's the start of a new page, there were some excellent videos of Fable on the game-informer site :
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Media/Media.htm?CS_pid={12FED154-B313-46A8-9C45-3AC0E17440CD}
If it's slow, check my mirror (not anymore) :
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_916_en.html (I will get soooo much money from advertising, woohoo)

Update: Big Blue Box asked me (and game informer) to remove the videos. Sorry if you are late

Blimblim

The Inside Track
PhatSaqs said:
LOL! Thats a nice luxury to have. "I cant use up all my bandwidth! HELP!!" :D
Yes, I've been very lucky to get that. One of the biggest ISP here in France needed to use a server for helping them get some more peering links, so they asked me (via a friend who works there) if I wanted to have my videos hosted there since they knew the majority of my bandwidth usage wasn't from France.

Redbeard

Banned
The only thing that's really offsetting about this game is how restrictive the environments seem to be. Watching that 'evil' vid from GI for example, you see most of the map is inaccessible, with only narrow paths leading from here to there.

jedimike

PhatSaqs said:
Yeah. I think some people are going to be disappointed that the world is not totally open-ended ala Morrowind.

I rarely stepped off of the trail in Morrowind, so I don't see this as a big negative. The towns are free roaming, which is really more where it's needed.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
PhatSaqs said:
Yeah. I think some people are going to be disappointed that the world is not totally open-ended ala Morrowind.
Yup, I'm still wondering how this will work. The FAQ is not helpful either :
Can I go anywhere?
There are no 'backgrounds' in Fable, like we’ve seen in many games so far. There are areas you can't get to due to their severe topography, just like the real world. Most of the time you will be walking on roads or secret paths, but you can still wander off if the region allows it! But you won’t find yourself in an area devoid of things to do; the world has been whittled down to remove such areas, ensuring that there is always something to do.

PhatSaqs

Banned
jedimike said:
I rarely stepped off of the trail in Morrowind, so I don't see this as a big negative. The towns are free roaming, which is really more where it's needed.
I wont see it as a negative either. Those who are looking for/expecting a Morrowind type world will though.

3rdman

I think I would prefer it this way, really. The freedom in Morrowind was nice but it also got pretty damn boring walking across vast distances with nothing to do except listen to the main theme song over and over again.

Redbeard

Banned
3rdman said:
I think I would prefer it this way, really. The freedom in Morrowind was nice but it also got pretty damn boring walking across vast distances with nothing to do except listen to the main theme song over and over again.

It doesn't have to be like that.

Given a fun combat engine, plenty of baddies to fight, and some secrets to find it wouldn't be bad at all.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
The play mechanics in that boss fight look cool enough, but that boss was lame, stood still the whole time.

ferricide

Blimblim said:
Yup, I'm still wondering how this will work. The FAQ is not helpful either :
who wrote that inanity?

when the fable hype train crashes it's going to be spectacular.

fable's environments are just like any other RPG's this gen. you walk along pathway dungeons to houses and towns and other areas. that's it.

eso76

IJoel said:
Fable is Fable and Morrowind is Morrowind.

Did the extreme linear paths made you think SW: KotOR sucked?

yes.

Oh, but that's just me.

At first i hoped fable would be a *much* better looking, technically advanced, morrowind.
Well, turns out it's not like morrowind.
But at least it turns out it's not even that much better looking, so it won't feel like a missed opportunity...oh well

Redbeard

Banned
eso76 said:
At first i hoped fable would be a *much* better looking, technically advanced, morrowind.
Well, turns out it's not like morrowind.
But at least it turns out it's not even that much better looking, so it won't feel like a missed opportunity...oh well

"Dream on, dream away..."
505479.jpg

Top Bottom