• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

70 dead in hospital bombing in Pakistan - Taliban claim attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3phon

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37015640
A faction of the Pakistani Taliban has said it carried out a suicide bombing that killed at least 70 people at a hospital in the city of Quetta.

The attacker targeted a crowd that had gathered as the body of a prominent lawyer murdered earlier on Monday, Bilal Kasi, was being brought in.
Lawyers and journalists were among the dead. About 120 people were injured.
The Taliban faction, Jamaat-ul-Ahrar, said it was behind both the hospital attack and the killing of Mr Kasi.
He was head of the Balochistan province bar association. He was shot while on his way to the court complex in Quetta.

Woke up to reading this terrible news few hours ago.

SpaceWolf

Banned
RIP to the victims.

I've honestly just long since become numb to this kind of stuff now, which in itself is hugely unsettling.

Jeels

I thought the government and Taleban had worked out some sort of peace agreement?

Also, of course these cunts would go after lawyers, a symbol of a structural, civilized society.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Taliban going "hey, we still exist, we were being despicable shits before ISIS said it was cool, pay attention to us!" or something?

A fucking hospital, goddamn. RIP

Ric Flair

Banned
Seriously, how do they operate to this day. It's fucking crazy, this is going to sound awful but the only way one could really control this madness would be to force all the nomad tribes out of the less populated regions and into one congregated, heavily policed area. Education needs to be given to the next generation. This will keep happening if they can round up young people and brainwash them

slider

Absolute cunts. Here's hoping for some stability and growth so these desperate evil pricks have a less fertile hunting ground.

RIP to the poor souls who perished.

Jeels

Seriously, how do they operate to this day. It's fucking crazy, this is going to sound awful but the only way one could really control this madness would be to force all the nomad tribes out of the less populated regions and into one congregated, heavily policed area. Education needs to be given to the next generation. This will keep happening if they can round up young people and brainwash them

Just imagine how fucked your life is that some piece of shit comes up to you and convinces you that the only way to make it right is to commit atrocities like this.

I don't know how you fix that though, massive stimulus into these areas? Pakistan has to support a lot of its major metropolitan areas already...maybe international funding? No idea...

Animals.

RIP to the victims :(

Pakistan really needs to get a grip on the north. But then again I'm just an armchair poster I don't knkw what it's like up there.

bionic77

By terrorizing people who can't fight back. This is the same shitstain group that killed 145 people (mostly children) at a school. The thing they fear most is education.
I forgot about that.

2016 is the worst. We can't go a week without some horrible thing happening.

:(

Zapages

inna ilahi rajioon to all the folks who passed away. :(

Animals.

RIP to the victims :(

Pakistan really needs to get a grip on the north. But then again I'm just an armchair poster I don't knkw what it's like up there.

This was in Quetta, which is in Balochistan... The news channels in Pakistan are blaming India for funneling money to Taliban due to recent capture of their RAW agent in Balochistan province and whats occurring in Kashmir.

Another situation could be that Pakistani military did it and blamed the Taliban due to what Imran Khan is going to do his rallies once again next week.

Regardless, I am here and I take everything reported there with a huge grain of salt as everyone there has a hidden agenda from what I can tell from the news stories.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Absolutely horrible.

My heart goes out to the families of the victims. These bullshit terrorist groups have completely ruined the middle eastern/southern asian region. The people living there don't deserve any of this shit ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom