• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

85th Academy Awards Nominations - Results are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieZ

Banned
ORIGINAL SCORE

Anna Karenina
Dario Marianelli

Argo
Alexandre Desplat

Life of Pi
Mychael Danna

Lincoln
John Williams

Skyfall
Thomas Newman

Raxus

Wow, this is pretty horrible, even for the Oscars. The Master and Cosmopolis snubbed, Life of Pi up for Best Film.

Yeah it was kind of a mess all around. Some categories are too jam packed while others just had odd picks that don't stand a chance of winning.

Would have liked to see Perks of Being a Wallflower for best adapted screenplay. Oh well.

Silver Linings was already on my must watch list, but now I'll definitely go see it in the next day or two.

And glad Argo got a best picture nom, but I'm not sure if it really has much of a chance with the rest of the competition.

No Bigelow or Tarantino for BD? Christ, that's pretty damn surprising.

Still, no nom for Samuel L. Jackson is the biggest travesty.

7 Noms for SLP including all acting noms makes me happy.

Yup. This is making me think it really does have a good shot at BP.

Raxus

Besides Sally Fields and Tommy Lee Jones, Lincoln has nothing else to be nominated for (and yes that includes Daniel Day).

Tucah

you speak so well
No director for Tarantino (or Bigelow even) and the lack of a Leo or SLJ nomination (ESPECIALLY the latter) is probably my biggest disappointment.

Pleasantly surprised at the BotSW and Amour BP noms, would have liked to see The Master up there as well.

Jimothy

The Academy REALLY didn't like Django. It had three of the best performances of the year, and they made sure to shove Waltz in there so it didn't win for any one of them.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
So..
Avengers 1
Rises 0

Hobbit probably deserved a music nom, since it was just as good as the trilogy in that respect.

Solo

Cinematography

Anna Karenina
Seamus McGarvey

Django Unchained
Robert Richardson

Life of Pi
Claudio Miranda

Lincoln
Janusz Kaminski

Skyfall
Roger Deakins