• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A running list of Gen 8 delays

Delays are a common issue, particularly at the start of a new generation. We've been seeing stuff get pushed back on the newest consoles a lot; for bookkeeping's sake, I'd like to keep a running list of what got pushed back and how far it was pushed back. Feel free to post anything I missed.

Multi-platform
Watch Dogs - Delayed from launch to May 2014.
Dying Light - Pushed from 2014 to February 2015.
The Witcher 3 - Pushed from late 2014 to February 2015.
Destiny - Delayed from early 2014 to September 2014.
Elder Scrolls Online - Delayed from June 2014 to late 2014.
Mad Max - Delayed from 2014 to 2015.
The Crew - Delayed from early 2014 to Fall 2014.
Hyper Light Drifter - Delayed from June 2014 to late 2014.
The Division - Delayed from fiscal 2015 (March 2015 at the latest) to some point later in 2015.

PS4
#DriveClub - Delayed from launch to early 2014, then delayed again to October 2014.
Planetside 2 - Delayed from launch to 2014.
Deep Down - Beta delayed from Japanese launch to Fall at the earliest.
Secret Ponchos - Delayed from April 2014 to an undisclosed date.

Xbox One
The console itself - Delayed in tier 2 countries from early 2014 to Septermber 2014.
Kinect Sports Rivals - Delayed from launch to April 2014.
D4 - Delayed from February 2014 to an unknown date.
Minecraft Xbox One Edition - Delayed from April to an undisclosed date, after already being delayed from launch.

Wii U
Pikmin 3 - Delayed from "launch window" (March 2013 at the latest) to June 2013.
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - Delayed from December 2013 to February 2014.
Watch Dogs - The WiiU version has been delayed even further than the others.
Rayman Legends - Delayed from "launch window" to September 2013, while made multiplatform.
Wonderful 101 - Delayed from "launch window" to August/September 2013
Game and Wario - Delayed from launch window to June 2013.
Wii Fit U - Delayed from launch window to December 2013.

Xbox One: D4 got delayed, was originally February, MIA at the moment (probably E3 re-reveal though)

Multiplatform, Elder Scrolls online today.

Is this a considerably higher amount of delays than the first years of the 360 and PS3? I remember being the sole PS3 owner in my group of friends and getting tons of shit about delays and lack of games, which led to me overhyping myself for trash like Lair and Haze.

The indies on PS4 are a godsend. There has been a steady stream of interesting games to play since launch.

Alright guys, I've updated the OP. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Xbox One: D4 got delayed, was originally February, MIA at the moment (probably E3 re-reveal though)

Multiplatform, Elder Scrolls online today.

I can't seem to find any indication that D4 had a release date to begin with.

Vlade

Way back in time, wasn't the PS4 believed to be a holiday 2014 launch?
And then the XBOX ONE was going to launch spring 2014?
And people around the industries had loose schedules to accomodate such?
And then in feb 2013 Sony shocked everyone and said PS4 this year?
And then MS said we can do that too!?
And then the systems launched with a few features missing and only the titles whose schedules could be collapsed?

If I'm remembering this right, I kinda thought these delays are largely just a return to original schedules after trying to be aggressive because it would be great for everyone if things moved up in time.

stryke

What is "believed" or speculated is very different from what is publicly announced and then delayed. This thread is only concerned with announced schedules.

Hyper Light Drifter - was supposed to be this summer but got delayed to this holiday season, maybe even early next year.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Infamous Second Son was supposed to be a launch game, got delayed until March.

It was never, at any point, a launch game. They just announced it at the same time as the rest of the launch games.

And then the XBOX ONE was going to launch spring 2014?

These dates were, at best, wild speculation from people that had no clue. The only question mark about the PS4's launch was whether or not it would be a WW launch in 2013.

Banned
Nintendo's next gen system - stated to be coming out November 2012 but still TBA

:p

Would you consider smash for Wii U a delay?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
After Watch_Dogs are there any AAA releases this summer? Seems like everything is getting delayed.

Last of Us re-release? Would be pretty big deal to those that missed it first time. Destiny is the next big one after that I think.

Nintendo's next gen system - stated to be coming out November 2012 but still TBA

You as cold as ice.

:p

Would you consider smash for Wii U a delay?

AFAIK they were deliberately as vague as possible. There was only a mistaken "Spring 2014" report that Nintendo denied.

Abounder

Banned
Star Citizen's dogfighting module got delayed but that's more like early access than a launch date (although they probably affect eachother still) EDIT: Whoops this thread is console focused. Well in that case the Eve dogfighting game's release is dependent on Morpheus and Rift's launch dates

Raoh

If I remember correctly, Secret Ponchos was originally supposed to be a launch title for PS4, then to be released this past April and now.. Well I don't know where e Secret Ponchos stands.

DJIzana

I hate delays... probably my most number one peeve about the games industry today but I understand the reason they need to do it, sometimes. :p

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Sure sounds like it based on what I've heard. :/

Why not?

I just assumed since it came out during the PS3/X360 cycle and since Nintendo is rumored to have another console in the works that it'd be more in line with Gen7.

I just assumed since it came out during the PS3/X360 cycle and since Nintendo is rumored to have another console in the works that it'd be more in line with Gen7.

The Wii came out the same year as the PS3. Both came out, approximately, a year after the 360. Were they all part of the same generation?

Same thing this gen. The PS4/xbone came out, approximately, a year after the Wii U.

Unless you think the Wii U and the Wii are in the same generation?

Top Bottom