• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A running list of Gen 8 delays

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
The Wii came out the same year as the PS3. Both came out, approximately, a year after the 360. Were they all part of the same generation?

Same thing this gen. The PS4/xbone came out, approximately, a year after the Wii U.

Unless you think the Wii U and the Wii are in the same generation?

I kinda do. The Wii U seems more like the equivalent of the 3DSXL to me. It had newer features the old one didn't, but not enough changed to claim it was a different generation of console. I'm probably in the minority on this one.

Only Witcher 3's delay was a bit of a bummer for me. Maybe Destiny, but I didn't really expect that to come out early 2014, so it's not really a delay to me.

There honestly haven't been enough games I'm interested in announced for this generation yet for me to get to disappointed in their delays. Rayman Legends I was actually happy about since it let me get the game on a console I own.

I kinda do. The Wii U seems more like the equivalent of the 3DSXL to me. It had newer features the old one didn't, but not enough changed to claim it was a different generation of console. I'm probably in the minority on this one.

The Wii U is more powerful than the Wii, brought something different to the table and has its own games. The 3DSXL is bigger than the 3DS but otherwise is the same system. I don't see how they are similar

GameSeeker

Infamous Second Son was supposed to be a launch game, got delayed until March.

You are correct.

Pretty sure this one is also wrong.

This is definitely incorrect.

It was never, at any point, a launch game. They just announced it at the same time as the rest of the launch games.

These dates were, at best, wild speculation from people that had no clue. The only question mark about the PS4's launch was whether or not it would be a WW launch in 2013.

The rest of you are incorrect. Infamous: Second Son was planned as a launch game (Nov. 2013) and got delayed to Mar. 2014.

Proof: Destructroid Interview with Chris Zimmerman from Sucker Punch. In the video Chris confirms that the game was delayed from Launch as originally planned.

http://www.twitch.tv/destructoid/c/3840957

Top Bottom