• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A very small missed detail about Metroid Dread final boss [Spoilers]

RCU005

Today I finished Metroid Dread for the first time. I enjoyed the game a lot, although bosses had a big spike in difficulty, they were still fun once you figure out patterns (but the process is frustrating).

Raven Beak -the final boss- has three phases, and in the first one, he has like a barrier which you can't damage. I don't know if this was known, but in the first phase you just have to avoid getting hit. Don't have to do anything else, so there's no need to waste any missiles. Once you're able to counter, you'll advance to the next phase (just don't forget to scatter his face with missiles during the counter cutscene). You only need missiles to destroy the black ball that sends toward you.

This makes it much easier, and saves you missiles for the third phase where you do actually need them to defeat him.

I loved this game, and I am hoping for another one. I wish Metroid Prime 4 is successful so that we can get more Metroid. It's an amazing franchise that could be expanded, or if they choose, they could reboot it and start over with a new story.

Paltheos

Will keep in mind. I'm on my 3rd playthrough right now, on Dread difficulty (all non-environmental damage kills you instantly). Just got the 13th item in the sequence out of the 23 (Plasma Beam). None of the bosses have been that bad really if you're quick and hit your shots but am still a little wary of a couple of the endgame bosses. Anything to make Raven Beak easier will probably be handy.

Kikorin

This sound like one of those topics that will spawn in someone Google research 20 years from now, when some brave young gamer bored to play GAAS will decide to try how old gamers had fun back then and will get stuck on the final boss of Metroid Dread.

Top Bottom