• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A White Supremacist Group Aims To Recruit On College Campuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, why are some white people so fucking fragile.

They're not, it's messaging that's tailored to speak to people that feel like they don't fit in for one reason or another. It resonates with people that don't have many friends, or who have been picked on or bullied or whatever.

It's really, really easy to be a victim, it's not really easy to make something of yourself, especially when you've been knocked around in some form or another. Or if you think you have. This is an easy road to "community" for some people, and once they're in, the poisoning starts.

These people aren't fragile, they're manipulative, predatory, bullying cunts. And every one of them deserves a punch in the nose. I hope, for some at least, that it's a wake up call that they've made a terrible choice. For the ones that know what they're doing, I just hope it hurts like hell and scares them back into the dumpsters with the other rats.

Fucking pricks.

R0ckman

Something just isn't right, everytime this comes up it feels like white surpremists are REALLY saying that if all races have an even playing field they are doomed and would not be able to compete. Thats the only conclusion I can rationalyl draw from this stupidity.

They're not, it's messaging that's tailored to speak to people that feel like they don't fit in for one reason or another. It resonates with people that don't have many friends, or who have been picked on or bullied or whatever.

It's really, really easy to be a victim, it's not really easy to make something of yourself, especially when you've been knocked around in some form or another. Or if you think you have. This is an easy road to "community" for some people, and once their in, the poisoning starts.

These people aren't fragile, they're manipulative, predatory, bullying cunts. And every one of them deserves a punch in the nose. I hope, for some at least, that it's a wake up call that they've made a terrible choice. For the ones that know what they're doing, I just hope it hurts like hell and scares them back into the dumpsters with the other rats.

Fucking pricks.

The marketing works because their targets have an inferiority complex.It's maddening. Ever seen an Asian hate group putting up posters?

Yup, they've put posters up here at the University of Texas at Dallas.

5nLhlu2.jpg

Wow this makes my blood boil. This is why you can't debate Nazis. They want genocide and then say "Well we have a right to exist!"

Yesterday's newspaper had an article on the front page about the same exact poster found on Rutgers University campus here in New Jersey. This bullshit is spreading nationwide and the sad part is that it's probably working to recruit new members.

Stay safe Muslim folks.

Vena

Jesus, why are some white people so fucking fragile.

Its not so much that they or, in general, white people are fragile. Its that those whom this targets come from groups with severe inferiority complexes or families with old-images where they see themselves as superior and cannot cope with the idea of equality with people that they have been raised to view as strictly inferior. That latter proposition makes them feel that they are being devalued from their "rightfully" superior positions.

White people, like all other people, come in all shapes and sizes and mental fortitudes and crippling complexes.

So basically radicalisation.

This is how ISIS and other terrorist groups recruit.

Sad.

That's a good comparison to make. White supremacists have historically performed acts of terrorism, and if they thought they could get away with it, they would still. Then again, there hasn't been a rise in hate crimes this year for nothing.

I feel sad for the person who genuinely feels like they have nowhere to turn but the arms of a hate monger for any reason, but I feel worse for any person that's ever experienced the kind of hate that these groups purvey. It's toxic.

Let's engage them in an open and honest debate.

I firmly believe that everyone deserves the chance to make a change, but I also believe that too far gone is too far gone. "Poor-white-kid-with-a-chip-on-his-shoulder-who-never-knew-any-better" that wants to listen and integrate themselves into an open, equal, tolerant society, sure. And that's just me. I'm a privileged white kid, so anyone that ain't me has every right to tell that kid to fuck off while they pass go and collect $200.

I'm not trying to sound insular by any means, but we need to start policing our own. Open conversation and willingness to smell their shit while we try to fix a problem we benefit from every day, and/or the willingness to sock a White Supremacist in the face if it comes down to it. Hope that doesn't come off as cookie seeking. I've got kids god dammit, and I want them to live in a world where they can feel safe standing up for the people that are around them.

Yo, "violence is the death of democracy" and "only ideas can defeat ideas" guy over here.

Yeah, go ahead and punch a Nazi. No, it's not the best and most appropriate solution, but ideal solutions are for ideal circumstances; with the shit state of the country today, we're just going to have to settle for shitty solutions to shitty problems.

Maybe when the Nazis have enough fear in them to not be wearing their goddamn Holocaust medals in the White House we can go back to polite discourse, until then feel free to send them cowering through intimidation, violence, and humiliation.

Jeels

What exactly do they think will be different under a Muslim free America other than a lack of Muslims? What's going to be better? I don't understand. They are just racists...

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Hey, you're probably already aware, but watch out for razors when you tear hateful fliers down.
Wait, what the fuck? Do people put razors behind the fliers so that you get cut trying to tear them down or something?

What the FUCK?

Akainu

You think these idiots would have some self awareness when a complete fool is supposedly a symbol of white america.

Hmmmmmmmmm would it be so bad if hate speech was illegal in america?

Things would just get driven underground even more than now. Racism in the US manifests itself in many ways beyond simply speech. Speech at least allows you to identify some of the obvious racists.

The United States possesses racism as a chief feature of the country.

muteki

Crazy guys yelling shit in the quad has been a thing at least at my school since forever.

It was fun to watch arguments break out between them and passer-bys between classes.

JZA

Why do white supremacist groups always use so much military/authoritarian terminology? Things like "Vanguard", "Offensive", and so on.

Ironic too because I would expect military leaders to not tolerate racebaiting, there's no time for BS like that when foreign lead is flying at you. If everyone is wearing the same uniform it should not matter what their skin color is.

Marquis

Banned
No guys don't treat them too bad ! We can't hurt their feelings guys remember ! We must cooperate and talk to these people in order to help them understand society.

Fuck them.

Ewo

Wait, what the fuck? Do people put razors behind the fliers so that you get cut trying to tear them down or something?

What the FUCK?
I decided to look into it, and it looks like the incident I read about turned out to be a false report.
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/white-supremacists-set-traps-by-hiding-razor-blades-in-racist-fliers-on-liberal-college-campus/

Sorry about that, I don't want to spread misinformation like this. I still think it's not bad to watch out for if you're going to tear down fliers, though.

Crazy guys yelling shit in the quad has been a thing at least at my school since forever.

It was fun to watch arguments break out between them and passer-bys between classes.

It's actually a great tradition dating all the way back to Diogenes the Cynic, the original crazy homeless guy acting like a dick in the public forum.

Wulfric

*sigh*

Trash, the lot of them. I don't even know what I would do if I saw kids putting these up. I sure hope they don't have any WWII vets in their families, because they fought to combat this exact villainous rhetoric.

Rayis

Yup, they've put posters up here at the University of Texas at Dallas.

5nLhlu2.jpg

Fuckin Idiots, they exist and guess what? have the fucking privilege of not being persecuted by a hostile federal government and many state governments going after them, cry me a motherfucking river.

SerTapTap

Why do white supremacist groups always use so much military/authoritarian terminology? Things like "Vanguard", "Offensive", and so on.

Fear. Power. They cater to people who want to feel tough and or scared people who want to feel like they can be tough/will have tough people defend them.

A lot of bigotry is based on fear, so recruiters thrive on it.

It's why trump is so big on "security" even though his proposals have no basis in fact. He's not smart but he knows bigots are even stupider.

I literally can't even figure out what the fuck they are trying to say here.

They think people won't call it white supremacy if they rebrand it into being "proud to be white! What's wrong with that!", the "kill the jews" is all unspoken now.

They think people won't call it white supremacy if they rebrand it into being "proud to be white! What's wrong with that!", the "kill the jews" is all unspoken now.

I get that.

I just.... guess I don't understand why a Holocaust would.... make them marginalized?

akira28

I decided to look into it, and it looks like the incident I read about turned out to be a false report.
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/white-supremacists-set-traps-by-hiding-razor-blades-in-racist-fliers-on-liberal-college-campus/

Sorry about that, I don't want to spread misinformation like this. I still think it's not bad to watch out for if you're going to tear down fliers, though.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/02/trump-sign-lined-with-razor-blades-cuts-man-at-polling-site/
not the first instance of this I've read. Earlier last year I read about there being razors taped to the back of political placards. The kind you have to grip with your hand in order to remove from the ground or a wall. They tend to be made of heavier plastic board and you need fasteners or posts to use them because tape won't do it.

i don't think that your average flyer on a telephone pole can be easily weaponized with some tape and razor blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom