• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Acclaim may face bankruptcy + release schedule

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
dark10x said:
...but I wonder if the little bit of money made on a GC version makes up for development time? Hmm...

Good Question. I guess we have to ask the Companies that are making these ports. They don't seem to have any problems making the ports and are making money. Is it the same ratio compared to lets say the PS2 version? Probably not. But they are making a return that is high enough to justify GC development. Look at GC Madden Sales. Its outsold ESPN football on all consoles.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
fenekku-gitsune said:
Any topic here eventually becomes a GameCube sales war, doesn't it?

Yep, and all signs point to "gamefaqs emulator efralope" as the cause. Jumping in the pool can be a blast, though!

evil ways said:
Die a well deserved death Acclaim. Especially for putting out crappy, non tested, glitch infested pieces of gaming shit.
Haha, it's impossible to get "non-tested" games onto shelves. That is unless you are talking about PC games in which case you get what you deserve :p

Seriously though, Don't go off and fucking die on me before releasing Red Star, Acclaim!!!

evil ways

Mr_Furious said:
Haha, it's impossible to get "non-tested" games onto shelves. That is unless you are talking about PC games in which case you get what you deserve :p

Seriously though, Don't go off and fucking die on me before releasing Red Star, Acclaim!!!

Well unless Acclaim's definition of bug testing a game is turning and leaving the console on with the game running while they take a nap or go to lunch. Seriously, Showdow LOW is one of the worst wrestling games ever, and it's not so much for the gameplay but the actual quality and the massive glitches and bugs the game has.

AirBrian

Since they're going bankrupt, it would be a valid assumption that they have had little money in the recent past. So in order to try and save some money, wouldn't a company cut corners and such? I mean if they can barely stay afloat, why pay for highly-talented developers? Can you really expect a decent game from a company fighting for their lives? It seems very cylical to me.
No money = bad talent = bad games = poor sales = no money...and so on.

evil ways said:
Well unless Acclaim's definition of bug testing a game is turning and leaving the console on with the game running while they take a nap or go to lunch. Seriously, Showdow LOW is one of the worst wrestling games ever, and it's not so much for the gameplay but the actual quality and the massive glitches and bugs the game has.
I'm only saying that it's not possible to get untested games onto the market due to the console makers guidelines. Nintendo/Sony/MS all fully test each game before it releases. If a game ended up "buggy" or "glitchy" it's because Acclaim agreed to waive the bugs and took full responsibility for any repercussions that may lie ahead (hight return rates, recalls, etc) for their crappy games.

Top Bottom