• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Bought.

Hmmm, no Gwenpool figure yet.

There is one coming out pretty soon, but I'm not feeling it. It's a cheap $40 pvc figure from Diamond.

gwenpoolpvc-212138.jpg

It's purely a matter of time before someone makes something way better. It might even be Diamond, as they also have a line of higher end statues that retail for about $150. Those are pretty nice pieces.

LiK

There is one coming out pretty soon, but I'm not feeling it. It's a cheap $40 pvc figure from Diamond.

It's purely a matter of time before someone makes something way better. It might even be Diamond, as they also have a line of higher end statues that retail for about $150. Those are pretty nice pieces.

Looks awful

Yare yare daze...

I've fallen down a rabbit hole here, I've already got two more SAS figures on order and I'm watching a bunch more. Help D:

I got Polnareff and Silver Chariot from that line when I was in Japan. Chariot was super hard to find so I jumped on him when I finally saw him. Turns out it was the later series with pin limbs, so I had to order him online anyway.

I'm looking for Avdol and Magician's Red as well, but Red is being hard to find too.

Better bookmark all of the Japanese toy shops now. Mandarake, too.
My wallet am cry

I got Polnareff and Silver Chariot from that line when I was in Japan. Chariot was super hard to find so I jumped on him when I finally saw him. Turns out it was the later series with pin limbs, so I had to order him online anyway.

I'm looking for Avdol and Magician's Red as well, but Red is being hard to find too.
I wanted to get the whole Part 3 crew but the Polnareff figure doesn't do it for me for some reason. Shame too as Polnareff is probably my favourite character from Part 3

JoJo SAS is one thing I've actively stayed away from. It's been tough, but I'm stand(ing) strong! Maybe if they start doing an SHF line...then I'll probably cave. But all good for now. Strong! Yes...

@Chinner - BBTS is fine but I just prefer direct from Japan without the Z or whatever US stickers on the box out of habbit, so I typically go with CDJapan or Nippon Yasan. CDJ sold out and NY didn't even list him yet, so maybe Monday is a chance. But, they could always do a reissue like Awakening Goku, or produce tons more like the SS Vegeta and Trunks. It is a regular release this time so the worry of not getting one eventually is way less.

JoJo SAS is one thing I've actively stayed away from. It's been tough, but I'm stand(ing) strong! Maybe if they start doing an SHF line...then I'll probably cave. But all good for now. Strong! Yes...

The most evil part about collecting Jojo SAS is that for most of the figures (season 3 and forth) is that you have to technically buy 2 figures to complete it, since you need the stand user and his/her respective stand, evil, evil I tell you!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I got a payment request for Figuarts Chewbacca. I'm using slow shipping so I should know if I want to keep it before it gets here.
It seems like dropdown joints will bring the height into an acceptable range but it's hard to say yet.

TBLeague (formerly Phicen) just announced their Vampirella (Asian version) figure. She's up for pre-order at BBTS and looks amazing.

ypaNYjF.jpg

HCpcJlo.jpg

HS4ZUm2.jpg

XIRdr0x.jpg

l97bruk.jpg

I missed out on their Lady Death, and I'm not sure what to do on this. I don't know if I should just order this one, and buy the US version's head when it's inevitably pieced out. Or simply wait for the US version. Decisions, decisions...

Bloodember

TBLeague (formerly Phicen) just announced their Vampirella (Asian version) figure. She's up for pre-order at BBTS and looks amazing.

ypaNYjF.jpg

HCpcJlo.jpg

HS4ZUm2.jpg

XIRdr0x.jpg

l97bruk.jpg

I missed out on their Lady Death, and I'm not sure what to do on this. I don't know if I should just order this one, and buy the US version's head when it's inevitably pieced out. Or simply wait for the US version. Decisions, decisions...

OH, I like her. Now I got to decide if I really want her.

- J - D -

Wtf 90% of Spider-Man toys in existence can't do a proper crouching/squatting pose and this nekid rubber vampire lady figure can? No justice in this world.

LiK

I might pick up one of those seamless figures. Seems great as an artist reference for poses more than using ball-jointed figures. I like being able to use it for muscles tone and shading too. Just need to decide on which one to pick up.

- J - D -

I might pick up one of those seamless figures. Seems great as an artist reference for poses more than using ball-jointed figures. I like being able to use it for muscles tone and shading too. Just need to decide on which one to pick up.

Vampirella up there seems athletically built. Why not her?

- J - D -

She's like the double the price of a basic body. I preordered her for now because the body does look amazing compared to the basic ones. The basic ones def don't look as toned.

Okay I just checked that bbts page and Vampirella's $145 which yes as you said is pricey if you just want the body. But woah it says her underlying armature is made of stainless steel. :O

WolfStark

Pick the next 3.75 vintage figure. If you don't have a horse in this race, please pick Dr. Aphra.

http://www.starwars.com/news/vote-n...s-vintage-collection-figure?cmp=smc|878298243

The original preliminary vote looked like this:
1st place Tonnika Sisters
2nd place tie between Ben Skywalker & Yakface
3rd Pong Krell
4th Dr. Aphra
5th Sim Aloo
6th Arc Trooper Fives
7th. Luke from TFA
8th tied between Satele Shan & Ahsoka Rebels
9th Tied between Jedi Temple Guard, Jaxxon, Padme, Dash rendar and Palpatine.

I mean I understand not putting in Luke Skywalker TFA, who even thought about wasting a vote for a character who is going to be made anyway? But they got rid of of the Tonnika Sisters or Ben Skywalker too and they sure as hell won't be made without such a poll. Instead we get Ahsoka who already has lots of iterations and since they made her in 6'' they can easily do a 3,75'' version down the road. And the Emperor? Really? Aren't there dozens of versions of him anyway? Not to mention they leave another of these soulless clones, while an original character like Satele Shan doesn't get the chance.

Considering the sad options I voted for Dr. Aphra. She is a great, fresh character of the new EU and her two droids are adorable :)P). She really deserves to pop into our realm in figure form.

3rd Pong Krell
4th Dr. Aphra
5th Sim Aloo
6th Arc Trooper Fives
7th. Luke from TFA

I mean I understand not putting in Luke Skywalker TFA, who even thought about wasting a vote for a character who is going to be made anyway? But they got rid of of the Tonnika Sisters or Ben Skywalker too and they sure as hell won't be made without such a poll. Instead we get Ahsoka who already has lots of iterations and since they made her in 6'' they can easily do a 3,75'' version down the road. And the Emperor? Really? Aren't there dozens of versions of him anyway? Not to mention they leave another of these soulless clones, while an original character like Satele Shan doesn't get the chance.

Considering the sad options I voted for Dr. Aphra. She is a great, fresh character of the new EU and her two droids are adorable :)P). She really deserves to pop into our realm in figure form.

I just couldn't like having a figure of a character that's not considered canon anymore.

Finally watched Rogue One and it was okay. Gonna cancel some HT preorders. Didn't fall in love with it.

I felt the same way. The cinematography was amazing, but I didn't find it quite as good as I expected based on what people were saying about it early on. The last 30-45 minutes were really good; it felt like a war movie.

Yarbskoo

3rd Pong Krell
4th Dr. Aphra
5th Sim Aloo
6th Arc Trooper Fives
7th. Luke from TFA

No HK-47, no buy.

Top Bottom