• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

As for the Jojo figures, I used to have the earlier line where they sold the Stand and the user in a set, but those were much worse figures overall. I think I still have them somewhere, since they're not exactly easy to sell. As mentioned, I would go for SAS Avdol if I found a good set, but what I'd really like is Mariah. I don't think she has a version in any of the better figure lines. Jojo is weird like that, in any other series they'd go straight for the girls and then maybe, maybe make a version of the male main character.

Going by Capcom's Jojo, Avdol and Mariah are my favourites, with Jotaro and Iggy somewhere up there too.

As for the Jojo figures, I used to have the earlier line where they sold the Stand and the user in a set, but those were much worse figures overall. I think I still have them somewhere, since they're not exactly easy to sell. As mentioned, I would go for SAS Avdol if I found a good set, but what I'd really like is Mariah. I don't think she has a version in any of the better figure lines. Jojo is weird like that, in any other series they'd go straight for the girls and then maybe, maybe make a version of the male main character.

Going by Capcom's Jojo, Avdol and Mariah are my favourites, with Jotaro and Iggy somewhere up there too.
For Stardust Crusaders the SAS line only has the main cast, DIO and their Stands.

LiK

I felt the same way. The cinematography was amazing, but I didn't find it quite as good as I expected based on what people were saying about it early on. The last 30-45 minutes were really good; it felt like a war movie.

Yea, the last act was def the highlight. Everything before it was kinda dull. Characters didn't really bond as well as I hoped. Def loved the cinematography and CGI. Very impressive stuff.

For Stardust Crusaders the SAS line only has the main cast, DIO and their Stands.

I saw some others too in similar packaging, but I think they were static figures. Mariah probably has a better chance of turning up there.

Yup, Statue Legends series has Daniel J D'Arby, Hol Horse, Oingo & Boingo, The Fool, Hanged Man, N'Dour and even Midler. So what's their excuse for not having Mariah?

Yep, My Stardust Crusaders display needs more figures. I need all of Dio's lackeys.

IMG_8277_zpsqi3cwynn.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The Part 3 SAS figures really show their age, especially with Avdol and Polnareff's sculpts (poor Polnareff's head looks super goofy and not like him at all). They need to be redone to be as awesome as the later figures.

The Part 3 SAS figures really show their age, especially with Avdol and Polnareff's sculpts (poor Polnareff's head looks super goofy and not like him at all). They need to be redone to be as awesome as the later figures.
I agree, Pol definitely got the worst end of the stick, the new ones are getting better and better.

I feel that you should get the small statue of the Fool that was released some time ago. Iggy feels lacking in presence without it. Also, why not display Hermit Purple?

Yeah I got to get my hands on that The Fool statue, I think there was a re-issue not long ago, and yes Hermit Purple is still in the box lol

LiK

Joker with mask from Koto US store preordered. No free shipping which sucks. Gonna have to let the AmiAmi preorder expire when they ask for payment.

KingV

For comparison
905e5dccbd26f775b58c5623dec06a66.jpg

He's a little short but it's not terrible.

Also, it's harder to tell in actual movie shots because they sometimes put actors on stools/platforms to make the characters look how they want. The relative heights of the actors is not always the actual relative heights of the characters.

I'm not really sure how that plays out in the Star Wars movies though.

Edit: looking At movie stills, it's hard to tell how it's supposed to be, though it seems that Han is maybe portrayed as about a 1/2 to 1 head taller than that picture suggests. The Figuarts seem roughly the same relative scale as the hot toys and sideshow collectibles for whatever that is worth.

NEO0MJ

Finally got my payment request for Megazord and Megatron. EMS is way cheaper than DHL, it's kinda crazy.
They probably won't ship it until next week, though ;-;

LiK

How does that work, I thought you couldn't cancel amiami orders?

From what others have said, just don't pay when they send you a payment reminder. The order will eventually be canceled automatically. Some Gaffers here let it lapse and never got in trouble. People who emailed them often to cancel orders got their accounts flagged.

This will be my first time letting a payment reminder lapse so I'm not worried about it.

grendelrt

From what others have said, just don't pay when they send you a payment reminder. The order will eventually be canceled automatically. Some Gaffers here let it lapse and never got in trouble. People who emailed them often to cancel orders got their accounts flagged.

This will be my first time letting a payment reminder lapse so I'm not worried about it.
Gotcha that's good to know, I didn't know if they would flag you for one time. For how long the pre orders are sometimes I like the option of letting it lapse every once in a while.

LiK

Gotcha that's good to know, I didn't know if they would flag you for one time. For how long the pre orders are sometimes I like the option of letting it lapse every once in a while.

Yea, I assume their system isn't advanced enough to keep track of payment reminders that go unpaid automatically. But I guess if you email them to cancel, they will probably mark your account manually.

I really want that SH Figuarts Kaioken Goku from their event, but don't want to pay $300 :(

If anyone here was able to snag extras and is feeling generous, I'd pay a small premium on it :)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I measured the Figuarts group shot from top of hair down to the bottom of the right heel on each one. (the right legs are straighter)
Han is supposed to be 6.0833333' in costume.
In that shot Chewbacca Figuarts is 16.6666666℅ taller.
That would put their Chewbacca at 7.0972222'. Chewbacca in costume was 7.5' in the original.
But I measured to the top of the hair on the Han figure. How much height did that '70s hair add? I don't know. Probably a significant amount judging by the publicity shot below.

Then there are the dropdown joints on Figuarts Chewbacca's legs. They're not being used in that shot. How much height do they add? I don't know, but it's probably at least a quarter inch going by other figures.

Close to two inches of hair and .25" dropdown would make the Figuarts perfect.
For comparison
905e5dccbd26f775b58c5623dec06a66.jpg

That's pretty much useless as reference. Han is closer to camera and leaning.

WolfStark

I say the height difference is pretty spot on. In the photo the camera is higher and Ford is closer, so he appears to be a bit smaller. The head of the Solo figuarts is at the shoulder of Chewbacca and I think that is pretty much how it should be.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

LiK pls don't spread the bad practices

pay your monthly Ami kids

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I don't bite the hand that feeds me
especially when last month was Revo Venom and tons of preowned Figuarts mmm should be here soon
!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Are you serious? It's literally a massive AmiAmi pre-owned section made up of a bunch of smaller AmiAmi pre-owned sections. It's the Voltron of pre-owned anime waifus.

Those sure are words!
I like those words

NEO0MJ

Someone messed with Widow's hair too much.

And while I'm here agonizing about golden week delaying shipments, why is DHL so expensive? It would have cost me 4x as much as EMS.

dankir

And while I'm here agonizing about golden week delaying shipments, why is DHL so expensive? It would have cost me 4x as much as EMS.

Just wait man, when I buy from sellers in Asia they always use EMS, 95% shipping is free and I've never had a single problem with the EMS service.

Yes, golden week has been brutal, it feels like during Christmas season when I get my stuff from Japan with 1 month or more delay than usual.

i'm waiting for golden week to pass.... got some stuff being shipped and stuck at hlj.

for those interesting in getting in to Sh figure arts Macross Delta figures and bandai valks, here's some shots from my friend Saburo, he's done promo work for toy dojo in the past:
QdbxSJi.jpg

UTvOZ0i.jpg

z7rvWvb.jpg

My "vacation" is over woo! Best figure I got during my time away? Either the new MP Megs or the new Marvel Legends Moon Knight (RIP Diggle). Still trying to get a HT War Machine Mark III preorder in somewhere but I'm thinking I waited to late ugh.

KingV

Anyone recommend a good comics only Black Widow and Hulk? I'm collecting Legends so preferable they scale to those.

If you like your hulks big, I'd look for one of the Marvel Select Hulks. The AOU one could pass for comic, but there is a Marc Silvestri style one and an old school Savage Hulk that are particular comic specific looks (articulation is not great on those two however).

Figma Hulk is pretty popular too and is probably same scale as ML.

Comic black widow is a tough one. I'm not 100% sure one exists in ML scale, unless there is a toy biz ML Black Widow figure out there. Marvel select black widow is probably too big, but it does come with a shrunken comic ant man.

Edit: there is ML series 8 black widow and a Hasbro ML one too from like 5 or 6 years ago.

IMO the Hasbro is better.

Top Bottom