• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

The DX12 looks weird, like it's eyes are really big or something. But maybe it looks better in person? I dunno I've never owned it or any HT Batman figure.

It's interesting to me it took 5 figures to get that particular batman "right" (TDK/TDKR), but their first try with BvS Batman was nearly perfect.

The issue with the DX-12 is they didn't paint the area around the eyes fully black, which made the eyes seem even bigger. They fixed it on the armory head which I want but it's super expensive and bleh. Worst Batman figure I own which sucks. Then Returns Batman came and he was meh and Arkham City Batman was meh and then BvS was so perfect I don't even know what happened. It's a tough choice between that and the DX-09 for my fave Batman figure.

Noticed this Spider-Gwen statue on sale and decided to get it. Been a while since I got anything new.

61EJadm8WOL._SY550_.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I purposely avoid the fuck out of Hot Toys because thats a rabbit hole I don't need to go down.

But I NEED this Luke, which means I'll NEED the Vader, which means I'll need the eventual Emperor, which means I'll NEED Darth Maul, which means I'm down the fucking rabbit hole :(

I lost you at Darth Maul. What's the thinking behind that?

- J - D -

The issue with the DX-12 is they didn't paint the area around the eyes fully black, which made the eyes seem even bigger. They fixed it on the armory head which I want but it's super expensive and bleh. Worst Batman figure I own which sucks. Then Returns Batman came and he was meh and Arkham City Batman was meh and then BvS was so perfect I don't even know what happened. It's a tough choice between that and the DX-09 for my fave Batman figure.

Yeah I really don't like those movable eyes Hot Toys does on some figures. They don't look right.

I hear the 1/4 HT Batmans are really nice. But I can't afford those.

Yeah I really don't like those movable eyes Hot Toys does on some figures. They don't look right.

I hear the 1/4 HT Batmans are really nice. But I can't afford those.

It's funny because the movable eyes on the DX-08 and 09 were fucking awesome. Super fragile though, I messed with them once and never again as a result (the eyes, not the figures).

The 1/4 TDKRises Batman is great though. Definitely glad to have that one. Wish they'd make one of the Iron Man armors I'm fond of at that scale.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The Emperor's former apprentice. Gotta catch'em all.

Then you need Dooku and Anakin. And Yoda because he taught Dooku. And Bespin Luke because he was taught by Yoda. And Obi-Wan because he taught Anakin. And Qui-gon because he taught Obi-Wan...
And then why not just buy all of them at that point?

Bloodember

Damn the Kylo Ren premium format is $569.99 the crepe to $600 is real.

Edit: Well hell, that's wrong the $600 premium format is here now, Groot premium format is $599.99.

The definitions of soon.

Normal people: A short period of time.

Hot Toys Hulkbuster release: A far away point in the post-apocalyptic future where the earth is a bleak, barren wasteland ruled by Harley Quinn figures.

There still no gold dress Harley Hot Toys

Artanisix

Prime 1 quarter scale Nosferatu Zod - Berserk

$1000 USD

Figure scale:

Statue features:
- Size approximately 35 inches [(H)89.2cm (W)66.7cm (L)50cm]
- Two (2) interchangeable right-hand swords
- Two (2) alternate regular portraits
- One (1) interchangeable right-hand holding a helmet (In Exclusive version only)
- One (1) interchangeable sword holder (In Exclusive version only)

Retail Price:
- Regular version: $1049 US
- Exclusive version: $1099 US

Edition Size:
- Regular version: 500
- Exclusive version: 350

TAJ

I'll be like it's for our son Luke. It's my gift to him from me. I'll just keep it safe until he is like 30 or something.

That's hardcore. At least it's a real name, though.

Messi

I'm getting Hulkbuster too and it's coming soon :)

You will get yours very soon, Haloids is going to the negative zone.

The definitions of soon.

Normal people: A short period of time.

Hot Toys Hulkbuster release: A far away point in the post-apocalyptic future where the earth is a bleak, barren wasteland ruled by Harley Quinn figures.

There still no gold dress Harley Hot Toys

someone has to make that dress and head right????

They need to bring mask back. I would buy all the masks

MASK is back in comic form. The Matt Tracker in the toy set is based on his new look.

Visionaries is back in some form?

Or is that a one off.

Visionaries was supposed to be part of the Hasbro verse comics, but they dropped that idea and launched without em. Believe they still hope to add them to the new cross over universe, hence their inclusion in this toy set.

jackdoe

Yikes, I know translating flame effects into plastic form is hard, but Robbie looks like he's entered Super Saiyan form when you make the head flame that symmetrical.

1/6 Hot Toys - AoS Ghost Rider
...Why are his hands regular looking? The gloves would magically change whenever he transformed so there were no exposed parts and you wouldn't see the actor's very human hands.

Hot Toys dun goofed.
Yikes, I know translating flame effects into plastic form is hard, but Robbie looks like he's entered Super Saiyan form when you make the head flame that symmetrical.
LOL. You're right.

LiK

Just pay Sideshow the NRD you know you won't want to miss this figure.

This is everyone's fave Luke for the most part. Of course it sold out.

Never mind, still available from SS. Only sold out from BBTS. Thought he meant everywhere. Not that popular.

Never mind, still available from SS. Only sold out from BBTS. Thought he meant everywhere. Not that popular.

HT figures never sell out from Sideshow Day 1 unless they're some sort of exclusive anymore. I'm actually intrigued to see how Ghost Rider does.

Top Bottom