• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

NEO0MJ

I'd buy a HAT Shuma Gorath, but it has to be base on the comics.

Nah the HT has been out a while. I think it's a genuinely fantastic figure, but the NECA figure has great paint, a ton of accessories, and just oozes old school Joe Kelly/Ed McGuinness artwork. I've always liked the NECA 1/4 stuff but the Deadpool figure was the first one that made it seem like they took a leap.

I see. Good to know that they upped their game.

19944587_10154677861347344_924659892186328285_o.jpg

19983275_10154677860647344_1965872202919655537_o.jpg

19944356_10154677864722344_7109429296265201128_o.jpg

19942925_10154677865002344_7243141715920645639_o.jpg

19944586_10154677862552344_8405522734791943011_o.jpg

Looks great.

otapnam

Hey Action-Figure Gaf, I have a question for the Macross Experts. I have a coworker in Hong Kong right now and was hoping to have him checkout the prices on figures out there.

Im looking for a transformable 1/60 VF-1S Super/Strike valkyrie. I know the Yamato's have been out for a long time, are there any other brands or specific models I should have him look for?

thanks!

Drayco21

Y'know, I thought I was more or less free. Before this week, I hadn't posted in this thread at all in nearly the whole calendar year. I've been selectively picking figures up here and there instead of compulsively trying to buy everything, and slowly caring less and less about even those.

And then the last seven days happened, and I'm all the way back down the rabbit hole again.

NEO0MJ

Y'know, I thought I was more or less free. Before this week, I hadn't posted in this thread at all in nearly the whole calendar year. I've been selectively picking figures up here and there instead of compulsively trying to buy everything, and slowly caring less and less about even those.

And then the last seven days happened, and I'm all the way back down the rabbit hole again.

I thought I was done a couple of years ago, but then I wasn't :(

Hey Action-Figure Gaf, I have a question for the Macross Experts. I have a coworker in Hong Kong right now and was hoping to have him checkout the prices on figures out there.

Im looking for a transformable 1/60 VF-1S Super/Strike valkyrie. I know the Yamato's have been out for a long time, are there any other brands or specific models I should have him look for?

thanks!
Yamato is now Arcadia. If you're looking for a 1/60 scale VF-1 then tell your coworker to look for Arcadia products.

I'd really like to get a diecast HT Iron Man figure to replace my Power Pose one.

Anyone know which ones are running cheaper second hand? Not looking for any particular armor, but would like something more classic/representative of the character.

I'd really like to get a diecast HT Iron Man figure to replace my Power Pose one.

Anyone know which ones are running cheaper second hand? Not looking for any particular armor, but would like something more classic/representative of the character.
The Mark III Diecast would probably fit the bill. It's the suit from the first movie, doesn't get more representative than that. However, the figure's feature-set and articulation isn't as strong as other Diecast releases, which is probably why the resale value is pretty low (I saw between $225-$250 before shipping under "used" "sold listings" on eBay).

The Mark III is readily available but is also probably the weakest release in the line. Weirdly short, shitty articulation. Out of the ones I have now I'd probably say that the Mark 42 is my fave, but I think that'll change with the 46 tomorrow, which is the armor I'd probably recommend you get since it's readily available and the newest.

NEO0MJ

Just found out about the Robot Damashii Gypsy Avenger. Not sure if I like the new style they're going for with the sequel. Will wait for more pics and designs before deciding how excited I should be.

Robot-Damashii-Gypsy-Avenger-Pacific-Rim-2.jpg

Rirse

Neo Member
Any word when the A-Force set suppose to hit Toys R Us? I heard someone on Fwoosh say it coming in July, bu can't find anymore info beyond that.

a2ZONfZ.gif

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I've been looking at diorama pieces.
You can put a display cabinet in your display cabinet.
xzibit.gif

1/12 and 1/6 motorcycle prices are very reasonable. For die-cast, no less. Cars, not so much.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I bought the Final Chapter version of Jason from NECA and it's the only figure I've bought in the last couple years for less than $50 that has completely straight accessories. It shouldn't be amazing, but it is.
It also came with the mask from Part 3. Why? I don't know but I'm not complaining.

I purposely avoid the fuck out of Hot Toys because thats a rabbit hole I don't need to go down.

But I NEED this Luke, which means I'll NEED the Vader, which means I'll need the eventual Emperor, which means I'll NEED Darth Maul, which means I'm down the fucking rabbit hole :(

Bii

I purposely avoid the fuck out of Hot Toys because thats a rabbit hole I don't need to go down.

But I NEED this Luke, which means I'll NEED the Vader, which means I'll need the eventual Emperor, which means I'll NEED Darth Maul, which means I'm down the fucking rabbit hole :(

Give in.
I thought I was only going to purchase one...I now have 8, and maybe half a dozen are preordered, and have to set myself limits as to how many I can purchase in a year. <_<

LiK

Welcome aboard. Happy to have you join us.

I'm still trying to determine what Vader is in that photo. Is it the Rogue One figure or an actual new ESB/ROTJ Vader? I can't tell. Sheev is probably gonna hit sometime next fall.

Hmm...the chest box isn't rogue/new hope style and looks like empire/return

Edit: Definitely empire/return after seeing more pics. Knew it was coming eventually

dankir

Yeah you're hooked already and you don't even have a figure yet lol. Welcome to the dark side!

Be strong. Don't do it.

RotJ Luke = Best Luke.

Looks real good. I thought about hunting down the HT Bespin Luke but now I think I'll just get the RotJ one.

Bespin Luke is still the best overall figure set HT has ever done. Love that thing to death.

Mark 46 arrived at the office. Heaviest 1/6 scale figure from HT I've gotten I think.

- J - D -

Bespin Luke is still the best overall figure set HT has ever done. Love that thing to death.

Mark 46 arrived at the office. Heaviest 1/6 scale figure from HT I've gotten I think.

I've looked at reviews of the Bespin Luke set and judging solely on value alone at the time of release, it's a pretty staggering set. $300 for essentially two complete Hot Toys figures seems like a steal now but even back then it was still a pretty good deal.

I've looked at reviews of the Bespin Luke set and judging solely on value alone at the time of release, it's a pretty staggering set. $300 for essentially two complete Hot Toys figures seems like a steal now but even back then it was still a pretty good deal.

That and the piece of shit DX-12 dropped like three weeks apart and it was staggering that $60 more (I think the DX-12 was $240?) got me a huge base and a second whole figure.

Fuck the DX-12. Most disappointing figure I think I've ever gotten.

- J - D -

That and the piece of shit DX-12 dropped like three weeks apart and it was staggering that $60 more (I think the DX-12 was $240?) got me a huge base and a second whole figure.

Fuck the DX-12. Most disappointing figure I think I've ever gotten.

The DX12 looks weird, like it's eyes are really big or something. But maybe it looks better in person? I dunno I've never owned it or any HT Batman figure.

It's interesting to me it took 5 figures to get that particular batman "right" (TDK/TDKR), but their first try with BvS Batman was nearly perfect.

Top Bottom