• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

yami4ct

I love Phasma's design and the figuart of her looks amazing. I don't collect SW figures though and really don't want to start, so I'll appreciate her from a far. Tempting, though.

Wtf. So, I got her in my cart before pre orders were closed. I was ordering on my phone without wifi because I forgot to turn it back on.

I checked on my iPad and saw it was sold out already but it still let me complete my order on my phone. Got the order acknowledgement email. Hope it's still valid.

yami4ct

As expected, Phasma made the slight way slower than usual. Not as bad as when Metal Build Gundams go up, but still bad. Still managed to snag my Decade. Was slow as hell and I was super nervous the site would crash and I would lose him, but one of my smoother AmiAmi pre-orders yet. Helps I didn't also have a bike to try and snag. Trying to get Ride Chaser was utter hell. Up until almost 6am waiting for restocks that time.

For those wanting to grab Phasma, if you stay vigilant, you likely will snag her. She'll get a few short bursts as people don't finish checkout and likely one major real second order wave later.

Replicant

I didn't know that pre-ordering figure could be as tense and stressful as pre-ordering Steelbooks. Ugh, I still have nightmares from trying to pre-order Avengers Steelbook.

EDIT: LOL. Preorder closed. Again.

giphy.gif

yami4ct

I didn't know that pre-ordering figure could be as tense and stressful as pre-ordering Steelbooks. Ugh, I still have nightmares from trying to pre-order Avengers Steelbook.

If you think AmiAmi is bad, try securing Transformers or other Hasbro SDCC exclusives on HTS. Ohhhhhhh boy. Days and days of vigilant refreshing for a maybe (if you're lucky) 4-5 minute period to grab your shit. It's even worse if you're looking for something crazy wanted like MTG stuff. Worst figure buying experience I've ever had. Even that has gotten better as HTS no longer gets absolutely demolished under the load. At least AmiAmi and modern HTS just load slow now and don't stop working.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
If you think AmiAmi is bad, try securing Transformers or other Hasbro SDCC exclusives on HTS. Ohhhhhhh boy. Days and days of vigilant refreshing for a maybe (if you're lucky) 4-5 minute period to grab your shit. It's even worse if you're looking for something crazy wanted like MTG stuff. Worst figure buying experience I've ever had. Even that has gotten better as HTS no longer gets absolutely demolished under the load. At least AmiAmi and modern HTS just load slow now and don't stop working.

No HTS is great for SDCC exclusives what are you talking about
it's the most horrifying thing ever send help

yami4ct

No HTS is great for SDCC exclusives what are you talking about
it's the most horrifying thing ever send help

Grabbing my 2x Alternators Rodimus might be the happiest moment in my life. That was the time when it was just a gamble if the site would load and you could somehow manage to get through checkout. Nowadays, it's just reloading endlessly and then reacting fast enough to grab your stuff.
It's still utter horror. I'm glad the past couple years of TF stuff has been pretty boring

Figinstock is your friend then. It's the only reason Darth Maul will be sitting on my shelf on Friday.
Wow, thanks for this! Really useful.
They should have enough extra stock to last a day or two post release. Maul was in stock at a number of online retailers for the last few days, and Luke was widely available a day or two post release. If you don't get a preorder in I'd say you still have a shot when she's released next year.
Yeah, I think I'll wait until next year. I can see the movie first and see if I like the character.

Wow, I guess I never had a chance with the Captain Phasma Figurarts.

Pre-ordering the Angela Balzac figma as consolation, yo.

Wanderer5

Damn these star wars figurearts are amiibos.:p Bleh needed the sleep, plus I was dealing with a annoying headache last night, and I need to get around setting up Paypal for AmiAmi too. I look into her later on then.

Vidiot

Gonna wait for the black series version. That's what all my other starwars figures are (except c3po) and for the most part I think the black series is pretty great. Especially at $20.

Drayco21

Gonna wait for the black series version. That's what all my other starwars figures are (except c3po) and for the most part I think the black series is pretty great. Especially at $20.

I just found a Black Series Stormtrooper the other day, and I think it looks pretty great, I just wish it (and the other Black Series), had just a bit more mobility to really feel worth it. More range from the elbows and natural two-handed blaster posing would go a long, long way for me- just not long enough to be worth the import price and headaches of even trying to get one of the Figuarts.

And that whole wave had a retail launch date of today (in the US, at least), so technically, she could just be sitting in your local supermarkets and retail stores, just waiting for you.

I mean, she's not, because :lol Hasbro distribution, but she could be.

Ah. Had no idea. If I find one before that, I'll certainly buy her and cancel, but shit. I'm not going to fight mobs to get it.

Top Bottom