• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Flintty

WDI6GFs.jpg
KY51d0E.jpg
opHKsbg.jpg
WFi7NKj.jpg
ORnGdYE.jpg
H1mMD8X.jpg
djmF5qx.jpg
ozaWgnk.jpg
8fNuMGe.jpg
QXLfdCq.jpg
XnTbgM5.jpg
4ChARBu.jpg

Holy shit I need this! Who makes these and where can I buy?

qIwz0dd.jpg

Posted this in a couple other threads, but so excited I finally got this masterpiece!

This remains like my all time favorite collecting find. Go to TRU the day after Christmas, literally nothing to get, and MP Prime had been off the shelves and scalped for months. Then I find a single one on the ground in the Power Ranger aisle in mint condition. Then I forgot my wallet at home and had to have a friend buy it and pay him back.

Good times. Never got that lucky for Soundwave.

Big Boss came last week. Was really impressed up until the point where the sheath on his back snapped off when I tried to insert the knife. Used some high strength glue and managed to get it back on but still treat it gently. I'm not going to rip the stand out of the packaging but his possibility seems fairly limited due to the restrictive nature of the suit (can't get him to kneel down or do the post with the robot hand to face gesture from some of the promotional images for instance). The Figma Snake feels really flimsy (it's not) in comparison, just by the weight difference.

Looks very cool though, have him on the shelf just looking on. His face looks far better in real life than on the pictures.

NEO0MJ

is it me or are the new MP figures different than the originals?

A huge shift happened in the design process. Maybe it's due to backlash for Starscream and Megatron where one took too many liberties and the other too complex and fragile so in the end they simplified designs and even lowered details. I wouldn't have minded it much if they weren't so expensive.

LiK

In terms of quality I do think they have gone a bit down hill.

A huge shift happened in the design process. Maybe it's due to backlash for Starscream and Megatron where one took too many liberties and the other too complex and fragile so in the end they simplified designs and even lowered details. I wouldn't have minded it much if they weren't so expensive.

I own the original ones from Japan so the rereleases has been pretty interesting. the TRU ones in particular are pretty interesting lower grade versions. looks like more plastic than diecast from the pics I've seen. haven't read reviews for them yet.

Wanderer5

Craaaap didn't expect Hound this soon lol, and course he is coming May (probably will be delayed) like Nendo Marth. Well anyway both ordered. 7300 yen aint bad for Hound, cause I was worry he was going to be lot of $$$ with that car (well with the regular price he is bit a expensive figma).

Thorzilla

Big Boss came last week. Was really impressed up until the point where the sheath on his back snapped off when I tried to insert the knife. Used some high strength glue and managed to get it back on but still treat it gently. I'm not going to rip the stand out of the packaging but his possibility seems fairly limited due to the restrictive nature of the suit (can't get him to kneel down or do the post with the robot hand to face gesture from some of the promotional images for instance). The Figma Snake feels really flimsy (it's not) in comparison, just by the weight difference.

Looks very cool though, have him on the shelf just looking on. His face looks far better in real life than on the pictures.

I just ordered Venom Snake's figure and came here to look for opinions. What can I expect out of it? Does it feel fragile at all?

Drayco21

Marvel Legends Rogue, Red Onslaught getting a classic head, and Cap Legends includes Sharon Carter, Whirlwind, Scourge of the Underworld and Cottonmouth. So fucking good. Also, Jesse Falcon confirmed that 2016 will have more 6" Marvel figures than any Hasbro has ever done. Considering 2015's output? Holy shit dude.

Black Series Old Man Solo:

Does anyone know when those are coming out?

All I've heard is sometime early next year.

I'm hoping the trend of seeing a character in the 3 3/4" then 6" later continues. I REALLY want a Spider-Man Noir figure in the 6" scale.

Grim Reaper and Whirlwind happened, I can hope!

When did Hasbro get so good at designing packaging?

The new Marvel Universe figures may still seem like a step down from what we were getting, but the cards they're coming on is fantastic.

That maskless Captain Marvel looks way better than the 6" one :( Upon inspection of pictures of the actual figure and not the back of the packaging, the hair looks better, but the face looks weird.

I also predict that that Rogue will be annoying as hell to find, but I guess if she's going to be part of the Onslaught wave, I'm pre-ordering a case regardless ><

SUPARSTARX

Damn. Ship sailed away for the Star Wars SHFiguarts

I'm still here trying to complete my DBZ SHFiguarts within budget. lol

WTB Frieza, Android 17, Android 18, Krillian and scouter Vegeta.

SUPARSTARX

LOL. Opened my new MAFEX Batman v2... the neck peg was glued shut to the neck base... I tried to take the head off to look and it snapped the ball point off. Great quality stuff Medicom... as always...

Marvel Legends Rogue, Red Onslaught getting a classic head, and Cap Legends includes Sharon Carter, Whirlwind, Scourge of the Underworld and Cottonmouth. So fucking good. Also, Jesse Falcon confirmed that 2016 will have more 6" Marvel figures than any Hasbro has ever done. Considering 2015's output? Holy shit dude.

WTF?!?! How is that even possible? 2015 had so many!

Flintty

Anime Export adn Robot Kingdom have it for preorder right now. If you wait it will pop up in other stores like HLj and Amiami.

Thanks! I used to have a G1 version but my wife binned it when we moved house - I've never forgiven her! I've put an order in at HLJ. I never knew this line existed - gonna have to hunt down Optimus!

yami4ct

is it me or are the new MP figures different than the originals?

There was a massive shift in MP design philosophy starting with Optimus 2.0. They moved from being massive event figures of relatively the same size to focusing heavily on G1 scale and accuracy. I think it's been a fantastic change for the most part, sure you get a bit more bare plastic, you lose some niceties like rubber tires and diecast, but the sculpts are amazing and the toys are so damn playable. There's only been a couple MP's post OP 2 that I've found disappointing (namely Soundwave and Star Saber). The rest of the line has been absolutely killer and worth owning. Can't wait to get my hands on Shocky and Hot Rod. Shockwave looks absolutely perfect. Hot Rod is less idea, but still fun.

Replicant

JFC, help me so I can pass through these tough trials. I don't even like TMNT but those are some well-crafted figurines. But no, I must remain strong and resist all temptations.

I just ordered Venom Snake's figure and came here to look for opinions. What can I expect out of it? Does it feel fragile at all?

Not fragile at all, no. It's just the knife sheath on his back that come off unexpectedly. That and the leg holster for the pistol- if you put the pistol in, the rubber bit won't go back into the hole to secure it shut which is annoying. Apart from that, it looks brilliant. Just the lack of posability is disappointing.

That Link Figma is really cool, better than the Skyward Sword one. I haven't played the 3DS one, but that looks pretty much like the original Link to the Past one. I think I'm on board with that.

Top Bottom