• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Drayco21

Ah. Had no idea. If I find one before that, I'll certainly buy her and cancel, but shit. I'm not going to fight mobs to get it.

Yeah, I'm going to keep my eyes peeled, but I doubt many will see her until around Christmas restocks at the earliest. Even her 5POA 3 3/4" figure is basically a unicorn right now, and it's surely only going to get worse when the movie itself comes out.

Bii

LiK, if you don't end up getting a preorder between now and the time it releases, I have two preordered from amiami. Once it releases, I can sell you the second one for cost+shipping. Hopefully the JPY-USD exchange rate doesn't blow up by then.

Zombine

Banned
I still genuinely can't believe how incredible the quality of this figure is. We're talking 6 inch Hot Toy quality. It's so good it could almost double as an X-Men Toad figure from the movie. I mean it looks just like him.

I still genuinely can't believe how incredible the quality of this figure is. We're talking 6 inch Hot Toy quality. It's so good it could almost double as an X-Men Toad figure from the movie. I mean it looks just like him.

Are you talking about the Darth Maul?

Figuarts are 6" figures with $40 price-tags. There's a reason they cost that much. :)

LiK

LiK, if you don't end up getting a preorder between now and the time it releases, I have two preordered from amiami. Once it releases, I can sell you the second one for cost+shipping. Hopefully the JPY-USD exchange rate doesn't blow up by then.

cool, i'll take your offer if i can't find it elsewhere. much appreciated.

every time i check the thread, it's already gone. argh. gonna be checking all day tomorrow at work.

Snaku

Banned
I wonder if we'll get a Monsterarts classic Mecha Godzilla. That would make my day.

Not likely. Tamashii recently said they'd be focusing more on making Monsterarts Zeroes (nonarticulated statues), and they're sticking with the Heisei series. You're better off putting your hopes with Neca.

Zombine

Banned
Are you talking about the Darth Maul?

Figuarts are 6" figures with $40 price-tags. There's a reason they cost that much. :)

It's genuinely a beautiful piece. I'm so glad I doubled down on the line. The only part that scared the crap out of me was its a pain to pull off the hands, and it's an even bigger one trying to put new ones on.

Sold out.

So this is basically confirmation that Phasma is the "Darth Maul" of Force Awakens figures?

WolfStark

It's certainly looking that way. But all of the Force Awakens Figuarts have sold out so far.

And I can understand why. Hasbro's 6'' are nice and all but I saw them for prices in the same regions very often and the quality is tremendously lower. 6'' Hasbro Luke Vs Figuarts Luke - a difference between night and day.
It's a shame I have no money at the moment, I could have preordered Phasma but so I had to let go. I hope I am still able to get her when the finances are better. She's so great looking and I want her between my two stormtroopers.

And I can understand why. Hasbro's 6'' are nice and all but I saw them for prices in the same regions very often and the quality is tremendously lower. 6'' Hasbro Luke Vs Figuarts Luke - a difference between night and day.
It's a shame I have no money at the moment, I could have preordered Phasma but so I had to let go. I hope I am still able to get her when the finances are better. She's so great looking and I want her between my two stormtroopers.
This is true, Figuarts figures are just in another level and for people that live in countries that are not the United States sometimes the price gap is not that big.

Hagi

I just got mine today and yeah he looks fucking awesome. I've got his snarling head and he looks menacing as fuck compared to the feel asleep face down on the oven Black Series Maul. I think figuarts are my real life pokemon.

Phasma has been up on amiami at least 5 times since her main release so nobody should have any problem getting her. Kylo Ren and the Stormtrooper have been up at least twice a week as well.

NEO0MJ

Not likely. Tamashii recently said they'd be focusing more on making Monsterarts Zeroes (nonarticulated statues), and they're sticking with the Heisei series. You're better off putting your hopes with Neca.

Bet...Neca sucks :(

Maybe I should just buy the chogokin version. But according to what I read it has some big flaws.

LiK

Maybe I should just buy the chogokin version. But according to what I read it has some big flaws.

NECA does Western IPs well but their Japanese stuff is pretty bad. I blind bougth their DMC Dante and it's shit

Snaku

Banned

Most of them have sucked, but the recently released Neca Goji 54 has received extremely high praise across the board. Very accurate likeness, great sculpt, great articulation, the works.

There are some great photoshops of the figure replacing the suit in classic shots of the film.

21717436096_25304462b7_b.jpg

21656703952_88d71506c4_z.jpg

21045430744_608f5697fa_z.jpg

Phasma has been up on amiami at least 5 times since her main release so nobody should have any problem getting her. Kylo Ren and the Stormtrooper have been up at least twice a week as well.

Nah, brah. Just because Ami staggers their pre-order allotments doesn't mean there are enough for everyone that wants one. They have the same # to sell, they just break it up over the course of a few days. Phasma pre-orders were a bloodbath. Not the worst I've seen, but still.

Drayco21

Most of them have sucked, but the recently released Neca Goji 54 has received extremely high praise across the board. Very accurate likeness, great sculpt, great articulation, the works.

There are some great photoshops of the figure replacing the suit in classic shots of the film.

I really liked the NECA 90's and Legendary Godzilla figures- not as well articulated as the high end Japanese stuff, of course, but a lot better than a lot of the Bandai stuff that we were getting for the longest time, plus they look great with the Pacific Rim Jaegers.

I'm still hoping that the line eventually expands out and they're able to make Kaiju other than Godzilla himself one day- I'd love to be able to add a King Ghidorah to my collection one day.

Hagi

Nah, brah. Just because Ami staggers their pre-order allotments doesn't mean there are enough for everyone that wants one. They have the same # to sell, they just break it up over the course of a few days. Phasma pre-orders were a bloodbath. Not the worst I've seen, but still.

eh I don't think it was any worse than Kylo Ren, I expect she'll be up again for 30 seconds sometime this week :p

I expect the Han Solo pre-order to break the web site

eh I don't think it was any worse than Kylo Ren, I expect she'll be up again for 30 seconds sometime this week :p

I expect the Han Solo pre-order to break the web site

Unless you guys collect Saint Seiya Myth Cloth Ex, you don't know what a bloodbath looks like, all the sites kneel in pain, the figures are gone 1 one minute, no exaggeration, even if you have it in your shopping cart they show as sold out by the time is confirming your purchase. Phasma was a walk in the park compared to that.

Unless you guys collect Saint Seiya Myth Cloth Ex, you don't know what a bloodbath looks like, all the sites kneel in pain, the figures are gone 1 one minute, no exaggeration, even if you have it in your shopping cart they show as sold out by the time is confirming your purchase. Phasma was a walk in the park compared to that.

Haha, yeah, I believe it. When the MegaHouse One Piece figures were really popular, things got bad. God forbid you wanted anything that went up for pre-order the same night as a One Piece figure. The servers would slow to a crawl.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Soooo... I officially have no self-control.
I was watching Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla last night and I couldn't stop myself from ordering this SH Monsterarts.

I mean, how could I not?

That makes it 6 Monsterarts in two weeks... (not counting the two effects sets)
Eventually I'll run out of Monsterarts to buy though, so that's good.

Top Bottom