• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So just saw a commercial about all the new episodes for CN shows on Monday and the next AT episode really does sound crazy.
it kinda confirmed the Betty speculation, showed a clip of Simon talking about how he'll revert back to Ice King soon
Edit: Seems the promo is on YouTube.
Would link but on my phone.

Psxphile

More than that, there are leaked screenshots floating around that aren't in the recent promos. Someone other there has the episode already and has been slowly but deliberately leaking stuff in the usual places.

Anyone else watching the Nostalgia Critic's vlogs of Adventure Time watching and such?
He just got to the first episode of Holly Jolly Secrets and he has absolutely no idea about the huge reveal that's about to be dropped on him next episode... Its beautiful...

CorvoSol

Man, Cinnamon Bun sank my CB PB ship. It was all going so well when he was PB's +1 to TT's wedding, too.

Seriously, though, is it just me or has Princess Bubblegum gotten progressively more villainous as the season's gone on?

Man, Cinnamon Bun sank my CB PB ship. It was all going so well when he was PB's +1 to TT's wedding, too.

Seriously, though, is it just me or has Princess Bubblegum gotten progressively more villainous as the season's gone on?

I thought it was a good bit of character development on CB's part, but then I ignoring any shipping that doesn't involve marceline in some way, so I may be a bit bias here... Sorry....

I wouldn't say villainous, exactly. Yes, she's getting a bit dark again and definately pushing the morality envelope, but it's probably for the good of the kingdom again.... maybe.... Road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that.

Well she is definitely highly manipulative and controlling I wonder if finn and jake will realize that their loyalty is better spent elsewhere (maybe CB leaving is the first sight of her loss of control).

CorvoSol

I thought it was a good bit of character development on CB's part, but then I ignoring any shipping that doesn't involve marceline in some way, so I may be a bit bias here... Sorry....

I wouldn't say villainous, exactly. Yes, she's getting a bit dark again and definately pushing the morality envelope, but it's probably for the good of the kingdom again.... maybe.... Road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that.

She locks a girl up, hides the reason why from that girl, indiscriminately executes loyal servants, when she finds out she was wrong about them she "executes" them anyway rather than lose face, locks an entire wedding party in her dungeons for defying her political power, ransacks a house and arrests a political opponent on false charges, holds the aforementioned girl prisoner again, abandons a loyal servant to be eaten by zombies.

You can only say things are "for the greater good" for so long.

She locks a girl up, hides the reason why from that girl, indiscriminately executes loyal servants, when she finds out she was wrong about them she "executes" them anyway rather than lose face, locks an entire wedding party in her dungeons for defying her political power, ransacks a house and arrests a political opponent on false charges, holds the aforementioned girl prisoner again, abandons a loyal servant to be eaten by zombies.

You can only say things are "for the greater good" for so long.

Oh don't misunderstand my intentions here; personally I'd love to see her become the next Lich... but it just doesn't look like that's the direction they're heading with her character. Each of those events had circumstances which led her to make a choice which would in some way benefit the kingdom. The wedding party was a bit extreme, but she seemed to think it was literally her only chance to catch King of Ooo (who quite clearly deserved it). As dark as she may turn, they keep stressing that she is doing it out of love for her kingdom.

That really should have been a two parter... But damn they managed to make it work as one episode... A few questions I'm left with but overall very good ep.

TheOGB

Banned
That really should have been a full half-hour episode. A lot of stuff went down, and while they did make it work, it's like... I wish there was more time for it all to marinate. Great episode.

Silkworm

Ah, thanks for helping me identify Betty's voice. I thought I recognized it and it's an interesting twist. Poor Hambo :-( After all that work Marceline did to get it back and then having to give it away for her friend Simon (was a touching gesture). Also I liked Grand Master Wizard, Ron James, and of course Death (Finn and Jake were of course essentially background dressing in this episode). Seeing Death reminds me that I'd still like to know the relationship between Death and Peppermint Butler (and Butler's back story) but oh well. Fun episode :)

haha tons of stuff happening

Betty x Zombies x Maja x Lich? x Finn losing his arm x PB nuts

I agree that should have been a half hour, great episode though

Finally saw the episode after missing it earlier. I liked it.

I didn't like the ending. Wish it could have got
a better closure
. At least this opens up the possibility of
the Ice King meeting Betty, instead of Simon
. Something tells me that hilarity will ensure if that happens.

I'm kinda surprised about Finn's reaction to Simon. Dude, he's the first human you've seen ever. Don't you want to say anything to him?

AniHawk

Finally saw the episode after missing it earlier. I liked it.

I didn't like the ending. Wish it could have got
a better closure
. At least this opens up the possibility of
the Ice King meeting Betty, instead of Simon
. Something tells me that hilarity will ensure if that happens.

I'm kinda surprised about Finn's reaction to Simon. Dude, he's the first human you've seen ever. Don't you want to say anything to him?

what about susan strong?

Crocodile

That episode went by way too fast for the gravity of the events that transpired. Also now we've even gotten more threads running in the background. I really wish we had gotten that movie to tie some of these things together. Sometimes the 11 minute format doesn't work for the show. I do hope Simon and Betty eventually get a happy ending :)

daveo42

Banned
Man that episode went by way way way too fast. It seemed like everything just few by from
Simon showing up to Marcie passing out to that finish. Poor Betty, having to live in that world and see what Simon has become. He's got another lady in his life who knows who he truly and he doesn't even know it.

Poor, crazy old Simon.

That episode went by way too fast for the gravity of the events that transpired. Also now we've even gotten more threads running in the background. I really wish we had gotten that movie to tie some of these things together. Sometimes the 11 minute format doesn't work for the show. I do hope Simon and Betty eventually get a happy ending :)

She'll find a way to save Simon trapped inside his prison of ice. She has to. ;_;

So many feels!. This really should have been a 2 parter at minimum. Damn so now there's
2 humans in Ooo

Nope,
she's clearly a wizard now.

The movie would have tied nothing up, it had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Welp, I guess Fiona is alternate dimension Betty.
No, Fionna is alternate Ice King fanfiction Finn. They may retcon that in the future but as it stands now she's literally just the girl version of Finn.

It's still just the Ice King, and he wasn't exactly doing too well. Given their past it wasn't like they were suddenly gonna start being chums! Plus...

what about susan strong?
Ehehehehehe

Oh, and from the Frederator blog: click click
I'm assuming that the scene pictured would have been what she looked like after the magic explosion? All decked out in wizard garb. Or maybe they planned a little sequence where she vows to return Simon and herself to normal.

daveo42

Banned
Oh, and from the Frederator blog: click click
I'm assuming that the scene pictured would have been what she looked like after the magic explosion? All decked out in wizard garb. Or maybe they planned a little sequence where she vows to return Simon and herself to normal.

That's Huntress Wizard. She could have discovered Betty after the explosion and then had Betty state she was going to whatever it took to save Simon. Wizard in question.

Raxus

I thought it was never revealed if
she was human or not yet
? Unless that scene itself implied that she was
human
?

It is heavily implied but not confirmed. As it stands Susan being human isn't a huge deal unless we find out some crazy details from her past like
she winds up being Finn's sister

That really should have been a full half-hour episode. A lot of stuff went down, and while they did make it work, it's like... I wish there was more time for it all to marinate. Great episode.

No way, the best thing about this show is how many great Ideas they cram into 10min.

Khezu

I don't watch this show anymore but decided to tune in for this episode since it seemed interesting.

As other's have said, shit happened way too fast, should have been a 2 part episode.

I also don't care for Betty. she was a bit annoying, and because of the pace, she came off as way to competent for someone thrown into that kind of situation.

daveo42

Banned
Wasn't beemo's maker a human as well?

Technically yes,
but he stated that he had so many parts swapped out and a lot of his functions were offloaded to the other MOs, he didn't really consider himself human anymore.

As for Susan,
it is assumed that she is based on Finn's reaction at the end of the episode along with one of the swimming scenes.

Loved the episode, don't understand why everyone in this thread is complaining that it was rushed. It certainly flew by, but every story beat worked for me. That's all that matters. Also, the fast pace effectively echoed the urgency of the situation presented in the episode.

Besides, the ending definitely had a "to be continued" feel to it so in a way this was "part 1". Because there's no way that story arc doesn't continue in a later episode. Hell, for all we know the season finale will involve Betty.

PK Gaming

That episode really should have been a 2 part special, etc

Who knew Ice King had such an awesome girlfriend? I hope we see more of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom