• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my brother and his kids were over today, and we tuned it over to CN (because he, like every other parent on Earth is sick of Spongebob), and let me say, there is no greater pleasure than seeing someone's reaction to the ending of "Tree Trunks."

...Anyway, apparently they're airing a new episode of Adventure Time next week as part of a Valentine's themed block, and it seems like it's going to feature Flame Princess, so make of that what you will...

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I really love this show but I don't follow because its hard to keep track of all the episodes.
I was just at my friends house last night and he showed me the episode where Finn gets his new sword. Its SO COOL! Man thats such an awesome and creative idea.

TheOGB

Banned
Finn's such a hilariously awkward ex

Interesting thought:
So is Cinnamon Bun, like... fully cooked now? Lol his growth has been great.

Finn's such a hilariously awkward ex

Interesting thought:
So is Cinnamon Bun, like... fully cooked now? Lol his growth has been great.

LMAO Finn was so
useless in this episode.

And yes, I suppose Cinnamon Bun is finally fully cooked. After that fireball to the face his wrinkles are gone and he's, like, badass.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Feels weird that
Cinnamon Bun has gone from comic relief to badass. Completely showing up Finn the entire episode.

Also, is something going on with Jake? He wasn't in Rattleballs, and he wasn't in this episode. Is Dimaggio dealing with something behind the scenes?

Feels weird that
Cinnamon Bun has gone from comic relief to badass. Completely showing up Finn the entire episode.

Also, is something going on with Jake? He wasn't in Rattleballs, and he wasn't in this episode. Is Dimaggio dealing with something behind the scenes?
Probably just saving money, most voice actors get paid per episode and he is probably pretty expensive.

They have not had him in episodes before, It Came from the Nightospherehe comes to mind.

Epcott

At least Finn will finally move on now. He seems to have the worst luck with women. I hate shipping episodes, but something about his poor luck (err, choices) makes me hope that he'll find someone more his speed.

Feels weird that
Honestly that may have been the coolest character development I've seen in the entire series... and we didn't really even SEE it.
He was just sort of already badass by the beginning of the episode and then by the end we fully came into his own as a real character. Fantastic writing whoever was responsible for it.

TheOGB

Banned
Honestly that may have been the coolest character development I've seen in the entire series... and we didn't really even SEE it.
He was just sort of already badass by the beginning of the episode and then by the end we fully came into his own as a real character. Fantastic writing whoever was responsible for it.
And to think he's finally getting all this payoff after
getting brain damage in (what was going to be) the first episode
:p

Crocodile

Wow Finn has really.........regressed these past few episodes :( I wonder what the Penn/the writers have in store for the character.

Really weird to see Cinnamon Bun being super competent now too O_O

NEO0MJ

So FP just won the heart of Ooo's most eligible bachelor. I wonder how PB will react to this.

Man...Finn is starting to act like a CLB. He's gonna need some major redemption pretty soon.

Hey, the kid is dealing with some major issues. But you're right, it's been happening too many times now. Jake needs to step in and help hook Finn up with someone.

Psxphile

He's been slow-baking all this time whilst in the Fire Kingdom. His competency level must rise along with his yeast. :p

Jake needs to step in and help hook Finn up with someone.
Sure, that worked out swell last time.

tumblr_m6ob6x4bwc1raoyqxo1_500.gif

Ugh, I'm so behind! I miss my Bubblegum! Will try to catch up soon and post thoughts.

;3

Nelo Ice

Banned
Just saw the episode and damn. CB is a freaking boss now. PB must have known he was gonna be like this, so it's no wonder why he was so trusted.

Popnbake

He's been slow-baking all this time whilst in the Fire Kingdom. His competency level must rise along with his yeast. :p

I hope we'll see more of cinnabun bun even though he swore loyalty to remain with
the flame princess.

His backstory along with princess bubblegum and peppermint butler are the ones I
really want episodes for.

Well, he needs help and jake is the one with a succesful relationship/family.

NEO0MJ

For a while it was working pretty well. It just got creepy at the end that's all. Jake should sit down with Finn and explain the birds and the bees, the kid has no idea about the feelings he's experiencing.

PK Gaming

Wow, flame princess really whipped CB into shape.

What's with the Finn character assassin though? I know he's got his dick in his hand for the ladies, and that's fine, but he was downright creepy in this episode (what's with the creepy touching?). I'm surprised FP didn't punch him after all of those desperate attempts to get back together.

I accidentally read a synopsis for the episode airing in two weeks. Wish I hadn't.

That being said, let me just say... sounds fucking amazing.

Odoul

That was a pretty shitty episode. One of the worst in fact.

But it's partially redeemed in that it got the voice actors it did only to recreate this scene:

from They Live

I wish they'd stop taking a dump on Finn's character, or at least bring back Jake.

PK Gaming

That was a pretty shitty episode. One of the worst in fact.

But it's partially redeemed in that it got the voice actors it did only to recreate this scene:

from They Live

I wish they'd stop taking a dump on Finn's character, or at least bring back Jake.

The potshots directed towards PB were pretty lame too

CB is going to dump on the woman who:

-spent an absurd amount of hours making you the ultimate sandwich
-the woman who read you bedtime stories at night
-put up with your inane bullshit for 5 seasons now
-and kept you employed despite being one of (if not the) most incompetent member of her staff

Man, I hope they don't end the season by making PB the ultimate villain. That would be uber lame.

Mesoian

-and kept you employed despite being one of (if not the) most incompetent member of her staff

To be fair, those bullet points pretty much cement her incompetence.

Man, I hope they don't end the season by making PB the ultimate villain. That would be uber lame.

Feels like that's where they're going.

Tuck

Really don't get why people think PB will become a villain. The craziness is just a part of her character, nothing more.

PB was the one that left him undercooked and incomplete all those years. Why? He may have some reason to be bitter.

PB has always been a bit of a mad scientist, skirting the line type of character. Zombies? Poor malfunctioning LemonGrab?

PK Gaming

PB was the one that left him undercooked and incomplete all those years. Why? He may have some reason to be bitter.

PB has always been a bit of a mad scientist, skirting the line type of character. Zombies? Poor malfunctioning LemonGrab?

Re: Cinnamon Bun

That's just complete conjecture on your part. There's no reason to assume that she hasn't tried to make him smarter in the past, or that his change in nature was directly brought on from the flames (he could have changed by being with Flame Princess in addition to being doused by the flames). If anything, I think she was way too soft on him; he botches everything, and he usually gets off with a light tap.

Re: Zombies

She came up with a serum that literally brought the dead candy people back to life. I think that more than makes up for some mistakes.

Re: Lemongrab

Lemongrab being crazy was a mistake, and instead of euthanizing him (like Jake suggested) she gave him his own kingdom (though might bite her in the ass)

I won't deny that PB tends to skirt between good and bad (don't cross her...), but people who characterize her as some sort of psycho scientist are seeing it all wrong. She's still got an intense love for her subjects, and she's always been dedicated to her kingdom, and puts up with the dumbest shit.

TheOGB

Banned
I won't deny that PB tends to skirt between good and bad (don't cross her...), but people who characterize her as some sort of psycho scientist are seeing it all wrong. She's still got an intense love for her subjects, and she's always been dedicated to her kingdom, and puts up with the dumbest shit.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

And let's not forget how she deals with cookies who want to follow their dreams...
PB has always been set up to be a rather dark character if you dig into background of anything she does... It makes for an interesting character. They're clearly not setting her up to be another Lich, but I'd be fine with seeing an episode dedicated to her going a bit too far and Finn having to stop her.

PK Gaming

And let's not forget how she deals with cookies who want to follow their dreams...
PB has always been set up to be a rather dark character if you dig into background of anything she does... It makes for an interesting character. They're clearly not setting her up to be another Lich, but I'd be fine with seeing an episode dedicated to her going a bit too far and Finn having to stop her.
Princess Cookie was a criminal who took hostages

What she did was absolutely acceptable. In fact, according to the wiki the only reason who took on this insane Princess Cookie persona was because she giggled (thinking it was cute) and he thought she was insulting him. So yeah, what exactly about she deals with cookie makes her a bad guy?

I don't think PB is dark. She gets shit done (if it isn't pretty) since she's the only one who can. Ultimately, she's grey at worst, though I missed it when they added nuance to her morality. I'm really not a fan of some of the more overt episodes. (See the James Episode) Ughhhhh.

TheOGB

Banned
Don't make me get into the racism that cookies in the Candy Kingdom have to endure on a daily basis and the classism of laughing at his dreams
lmao. I really like PB, but it seems likely that she's about to pull some (even more) questionable shit. If she's an adversary, it definitely won't last any longer than it needs to, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom