• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
That summary goes with what Natasha told me. I don't want to give away more of it because they're still using parts but the general idea seemed to be that Pen wanted there to be no one person writing it, that it would be written in chunks by the board artists. They looked at it when it was done and it was really disjointed, so they scrapped it and, as stated here, used the good bits for episodes in the current and next season. The plot DID sound pretty lame though, I was baffled that they couldn't come up with a more interesting story because it's fucking Adventure Time and they can literally do anything with the characters.

If you ask me, that sounds like a nearly surefire way to write a bad movie. It's one thing to bounce ideas off each other in a room but this sounds like they each wrote their own chapter in a corner, then Frankensteined all the pieces together.

So crazy it just might work kinda thing, maybe? Whatever the method, I do hope they try again in the future. An Adventure Time movie is simply something that needs to exist in my life. The potential is ridiculously great.

That basically confirms the show isn't going anywhere imo.
Eh, I dunno, I've heard about some stories coming up that might shake some stuff up. They still have a lot they can do with these characters and the world.

If you ask me, that sounds like a nearly surefire way to write a bad movie. It's one thing to bounce ideas off each other in a room but this sounds like they each wrote their own chapter in a corner, then Frankensteined all the pieces together.

So crazy it just might work kinda thing, maybe? Whatever the method, I do hope they try again in the future. An Adventure Time movie is simply something that needs to exist in my life. The potential is ridiculously great.

They had an over-all idea for the plot, like they didn't all just go into their offices and bring back totally random stuff. There just wasn't a set script they were all working from.

Servbot24

Banned
Eh, I dunno, I've heard about some stories coming up that might shake some stuff up. They still have a lot they can do with these characters and the world.

I mean in terms of the series coming to an end, as people were talking about a few pages ago. I've got no doubt there are many story changes coming up.

I mean in terms of the series coming to an end, as people were talking about a few pages ago. I've got no doubt there are many story changes coming up.

Oooooh oh I see, I misunderstood your comment. Yeah Season 5 isn't even over yet and they still have all of Season 6 to do. It still has a while.

Psxphile

So the movie was just several different stories supposedly tied together by one underlying thread? Something like 22 Short Graybles of the Land of Ooo with a running theme?

The underlying thread being Pbubs is consolidating power and will ultimately become the most oppressive force in all of Ooo.

You wouldn't understand, Finn. YOU'RE. TOO. YOUNG. BLAAAAAAHRG.

Popnbake

About the sword episode:

That is indeed a cool sword for finn.
However, now his right arm has an eternal curse...... >.>

Kuroyume

Banned
That was a pretty damn good episode. Got a kick out of the candle goons, grass wizard, and choose goose is always great. Nice rebound from last week.

Tuck

I love t=how the show has gotten increasingly serial and continuous from episodeto episode.

Next week we see Finn learning to use his new sword better.

I love t=how the show has gotten increasingly serial and continuous from episodeto episode.

Next week we see Finn learning to use his new sword better.

I dont like it, especially considering how Cartoon Network handles their blu rays/DVDs and how they only have season 1 on netflix instant streaming.

Its almost impossible to watch the entire show in order if you're late to the party.

Kuroyume

Banned
tumblr_mzb0tcNY3e1qdht6mo1_1280.jpg

TETSUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

saw this got solicited so here’s my cover for Adventure Time: The Flipside #3 out in March i think!

http://sloaneshutup.tumblr.com/post/73120400480/saw-this-got-solicited-so-heres-my-cover-for

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I dont like it, especially considering how Cartoon Network handles their blu rays/DVDs and how they only have season 1 on netflix instant streaming.

Its almost impossible to watch the entire show in order if you're late to the party.

They show repeats in rough show order all the time.

I jumped back in...last season by DVRing it. Maybe took two months for all the episodes to show up.

So yeah, ANOTHER episode portraying PB as kinda nuts. At this point, it just feels like her turning heel isn't a matter of "if" but "when," and I'm just anxious for the other shoe to drop. Thankfully, there's only 6 episodes left in the season, but my TV Guide isn't showing a new episode next week, so...

vladdamad

Really liked the new episode, it really feels like they're building up to something, but i can't tell what. There have been loads of episodes expanding the mythology, introducing new elements like the grass sword, James, PB's dubious past, Rattleballs, etc, and it looks like all these things are gonna crash together in some huge event.

Also, did anyone notice that
Rattleballs has a bandage on the same arm that Finn has the new sword on? Could just be a coincidence, but I think there's something to it.

Defect

So yeah, ANOTHER episode portraying PB as kinda nuts. At this point, it just feels like her turning heel isn't a matter of "if" but "when," and I'm just anxious for the other shoe to drop. Thankfully, there's only 6 episodes left in the season, but my TV Guide isn't showing a new episode next week, so...

There are 6 episodes left?

sn00zer

Damn...agreeing with others....they are setting up for something big...the last string of episodes has been pretty adult oriented...there are a lot of ominous loos ends being made and its all gunna come crashing down....very cool....wondering if next season is going to be something very different

NEO0MJ

I like that Rattleballs also told Finn he needed to get a robot body in order to truly master the sword. Eheheheheheheheh

Scene got chuckle out of me, too. It seems that Fin probably got the basics of the technique down but his current body is too weak for it. Might need to replace something to get it right.

I like that Rattleballs also told Finn he needed to get a robot body in order to truly master the sword. Eheheheheheheheh

That's a damn fine point and I can't believe I didn't think of it as well. That month long break in December really threw me off of the storylines/etc for all three Monday shows.

Edit: I also wanted to add a warning or anyone thinking of buying a set with a purple pint glass in it.

One such example is:

Adventure_Time_Lump_Off_Pint1_POP.jpg

I don't know what it is about the purple ones, but their coloring flakes. The glasses are coated in some kind of cellophane-esque substance to get the color (atleast on the purple ones) and for whatever reason, it just starts crumbling off and flaking upon the first wash of the glass. This has been true for many comments Ive seen on multiple websites like Thinkgeek, as well as personal experience when I bought the above glass. Other colors in sets don't seem to have this issue, but purple in stand alone and in other sets (like the Randy Butternubs in the classy dinner mystery set) have this problem.

Tuck

Damn...agreeing with others....they are setting up for something big...the last string of episodes has been pretty adult oriented...there are a lot of ominous loos ends being made and its all gunna come crashing down....very cool....wondering if next season is going to be something very different

Doubt it. Adventure Time doesn't really do "epic." I sort of have to keep reminding myself that. Oh, I'm sure we will see these plot threads settled out, but I don't think it'll be something massive or leave us shaking. Could be wrong though, but after the way Finn the Human and Jake the Dog episodes played out (And they were good episodes, mind you), I doubt there will be anything unbelievable.

J-Rod

I think they are building up something with PB too, it's just that I expect the resolution to end up being PB is cool again and everything goes back to normal.

sn00zer

Doubt it. Adventure Time doesn't really do "epic." I sort of have to keep reminding myself that. Oh, I'm sure we will see these plot threads settled out, but I don't think it'll be something massive or leave us shaking. Could be wrong though, but after the way Finn the Human and Jake the Dog episodes played out (And they were good episodes, mind you), I doubt there will be anything unbelievable.

I think they are building up something with PB too, it's just that I expect the resolution to end up being PB is cool again and everything goes back to normal.

Th show has a habit of having all this build up...then a cool 4 episode arc, then they just reset everything back to normal

EDIT: Hell Jake the Dad was literally one episode....then "Ope the kids are grown up now"

Crispy75

I'm actually looking forward to the "back to normal" more than I am to the "climax" of wherever this is going. I like random adventures or small events being spun out to surreal lengths. Plot doesn't suit Adventure Time very well.

I'm actually looking forward to the "back to normal" more than I am to the "climax" of wherever this is going. I like random adventures or small events being spun out to surreal lengths. Plot doesn't suit Adventure Time very well.

Yeah. When I first started watching adventure time I was amazed. It was the first show where I had absolutely zero idea what the next episode was going to be like. Everything was so random, so trippy, so whimsical. Now they're revisiting characters too much and making the episodes a little too linked together.

Defect

Yeah. When I first started watching adventure time I was amazed. It was the first show where I had absolutely zero idea what the next episode was going to be like. Everything was so random, so trippy, so whimsical. Now they're revisiting characters too much and making the episodes a little too linked together.

I like the mixture of both.

corn_fest

Don't worry, I'm sure whatever they're leading up to will have no real consequences like "Finn the Human / Jake the Dog" in order to not effect the viability of future reruns.

Help me out. Because of the long break and my dvr sometimes recording, sometimes not, I'm not sure if I missed anything. So after Rootbeer guy came Treetrunks' wedding, grass sword then Rattleballs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom