• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After TGS and Gamers Summit: Are you getting NDS, PSP or both?

CrisKre

In my case I stand by my first choice: NDS at launch, now reassured by the games and media shown- even taken to new levels of excitement unheard of for me for a handheld system.

PSP: probably will get it down the line when it sees one pricedrop or two.

Soul4ger

I'll get them both, it's just a matter of when. DS is a definite launch purchase for me, especially with the impending release of FFIII, WarioWare, Viewtiful Joe, Castlevania, Goemon, the Square Enix games NOT named FFIII, etc., etc.

PSP isn't a must-buy, but I'm sure I'll buy it at some point - if just for Makai Wars and the Falcom games.

Memles

NDS next Spring.

PSP...if a rich Uncle wants to give it to me as a gift, he can go right ahead. Otherwise, no thanks.

I'll definitively get the PSP. Whether I'll be getting it at launch or not depends mostly on the price the device will have.

I am also considering the option of buying a DS, but not for the "revolutionary" second screen, but mainly for its size (the gameboy sp is too small for my hands) and the conversions of some n64 games I didn't play because I never had a n64.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm getting both at launch. :)

I'm getting a DS, Mario 64 DS, Feel the Magic XX/XY, Mr Driller: Drill Spirits, and possibly one more title. And I have no idea what launch titles will be out for the PSP. I'm hoping Metal Gear Ac!d, Ridge Racer PSP, and Lumines.

Pimpbaa

I'm probably gonna trade in my gba (old model) and gamecube for a NDS. As for the PSP, I would love to get it but it's probably going to be far more than I would want to pay for a handheld.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm tempted by NDS, mostly because of the IP (mario 64) and attached nostalgia factor, but to be honest, i haven't yet seen the great uses of the device from NCL that i thought i might. I'm not in a mad rush to buy it.

As for PSP, haven't really seen anything that I really want for it.

Miburou

I'll get a PSP if/when it's at $199. I'm not really interested in the DS, so I doubt I'll ever get one. For the time being I'm content with my GBA SP.

Teddman

Neither. Wait for a price drop or a killer app, I really don't see anything worth buying either system for yet.

There's plenty to keep me busy on consoles this Fall.

Elios83

DS isn't a product that can interest me.

I will buy PSP when the bundle with ''PSP+FF7:Advent Children UMD+FF7 remake'' is out :) :)

Catalyst

Banned
Getting both eventually, however, DS is more appealing. I can write secret messages to the secretaries here in the office.

snapty00

Banned
I'm most likely getting a PSP, but I'm unsure about DS. On the one hand, games like Advance Wars DS look cool, but there's too much old, ported shit going to DS, and I also get the feeling that developers are going to pointlessly stick the touchscreen controls in their games. :\

Chittagong

Gold Member
I've got already two DSs (US) on preorder (I want to see how the wireless stuff works in practice), along with

Super Mario 64 DS - 2 pc - US
Asphalt Urban GT - 2 pc - US
Feel the Magic - 1 pc - US
Spiderman 2 - 1 pc - US
Mr. Driller - 1 pc - US

Tendo Dokuta - 1 pc - JP
Touch Wario Ware - 1 pc - JP
Band Brothers - 1 pc - JP
Pokemon Dash - 1pc - JP
Hitofude - 1 pc - JP
Zoo Keeper - 1 pc - JP

I haven't been this excited over a games platform launch since N64. PS2, GCN, Xbox and GBA made me go "meh", nothing new. But this time, having tried it in E3, I know this thing is excellent. Let's hope the brilliant air / puck / whatever game makes it, it was great.

At this point, I'm not at all interested in PSP. I'll probably end up getting it at launch just for the sake of it, but the concept just doesn't intrigue me, again, having touched it in E3.

Elios83

gofreak said:
You know its future lineup spanning its entire life? o_0

It's a combination of factors.I'm much more interested in a complete multimedia portable center as the PSP could be than a simple gaming console as the DS is.I've not so much time to spend on portable games so I prefer to use my money for something I can use more frequently.
Plus high tech things attract me :pP

I already have DS preordered.
I really feel that the DS has the ability to make any game seem fresh again.
All of the games I've seen so far I want to try.

PSP doesn't excite me since I can play the same games on PS2.

explodet

I've already got my sights on a DS, but I need to figure out how to get one from the States. Up here, the DS will be $199.99 Canadian. After taxes, that's $230. And with the current dollar conversion, it means I'll have to pay US $182 for a DS.

No thank you.

So I need to find a way to smuggle one over the border and not be raped by customs.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Both, probably. Just need to see how final details work out for both in terms of their respective launches.

I'm importing a DS next month (I'm in Scotland) without a doubt. If Mario 64 was the only game ever released for it, I'd still be in there. I love that game so much and to have it on the move, with extra stuff, is just class. However, it isn't and with Castlevania, Winning Eleven, Final Fantasy, a new Seiken Densetsu, Mr Driller, Advance Wars and a whole lot of other stuff on the way, DS is a sealed deal.

Since the PSP launch is a little further away, I am less enthusiastic because less information is known. I'd be a little reluctant to pay in the 300 range for a handheld but if they launch with some good games then I'll take a look. I have a feeling that PSP might be the brunt of more ports and unoriginal titles that the DS though, but to have a portable MGS and GTA is no bad thing.

Lionheart

I won't buy any of them at launch as both haven't convinced me yet. So I'll wait and see. :) Maybe I'll wait for the first price drops.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
DS.

The only way i'd get a psp is if it had a kiiiilllllller app. The high price, battery mystery, and delicate screen push me away.

I'll definitely be picking up a DS at launch.

PSP - It depends on a few things. If there'll be a GOOD Final Fantasy game on there (nothing like DoC or some BS) and a 2-D Castlevania, I'll have to pick it up. Of course, those 2 things will be found on the DS so who knows...I don't know enough about the PSP to say at this point, and I don't think I've ever been as excited for a system as I am for the DS.

Renegade

Banned
The PSP has a much, much, much better game lineup for me. Even if they're console ports, at least they're not Last Gen console ports.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Vagabond said:
The PSP has a much, much, much better game lineup for me. Even if they're console ports, at least they're not Last Gen console ports.
So you like PS2 now? :) By the time PSP comes out, they will be (pretty close to) last gen.

jarrod

Banned
Vagabond said:
Actually, a good number of them are. :/

Renegade

Banned
Society said:
So you like PS2 now? :) By the time PSP comes out, they will be (pretty close to) last gen.
Then the DS' games would be closer to 2 gens prior, then?

There's still a fair amount of time before the PSP is released, and I'm anticipating a lot more game to be announced for it that tickle my fancy. There are already a LOT of killer games announced and shown for the DS, that I want much more than the current crop of DS offerings, but there's at least 5 more months to go until PSP release, meaning that the number of games shown for PSP could jump a lot in the coming months.

olimario

Banned
There isn't a single announced PSP title that I think I would enjoy.
I'm going with the DS, Mario, Wario Ware, Advance Wars, 4S.

Top Bottom