• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After TGS and Gamers Summit: Are you getting NDS, PSP or both?

Renegade

Banned
Society said:
Viewtiful Joe, FF:CC, Dynasty Warriors, EA games... etc

I'll give you FF:CC because it is seemingly DS exclusive, but the others have been announced for PSP.

I hope you aren't trying to compare the list of non-regurgitated DS software to PSP ones.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Vagabond said:
I'll give you FF:CC because it is seemingly DS exclusive, but the others have been announced for PSP.

I hope you aren't trying to compare the list of non-regurgitated DS software to PSP ones.

Just listing games that are on DS that appeared on consoles this gen. Not listing DS exclusives. Not trying to say DS is better.

The point is really pathetic anyway, a game's age does not determine its worth.

I don't think you PSP people get it in about a year the types of games we will see on DS will be very very different from anything we ever played.

Launch games won't be mind blowing since devs just wanted to jump in at the start, but think of the next waves of games, give devs 18-24 months to come up with something very special and the PSP will just be another PS2 with nothing new, while the DS will move into gaming we never seen.

snapty00

Banned
naz said:
I don't think you PSP people get it in about a year the types of games we will see on DS will be very very different from anything we ever played.

Launch games won't be mind blowing since devs just wanted to jump in at the start, but think of the next waves of games, give devs 18-24 months to come up with something very special and the PSP will just be another PS2 with nothing new, while the DS will move into gaming we never seen.
Erm, there might be some neat uses of the features of the DS, but you're entirely blowing it out of proportion. Sounds just like pre-connectivity hype. "Sure, there aren't many games using it NOW, but wait a year! We're gonna be treading new territory with Nintendo!"

Kon Tiki

Banned
snapty00 said:
"Sure, there aren't many games using it NOW, but wait a year! We're gonna be treading new territory with Nintendo!"

More like, "wait till somone thinks of something really cool, then everyone copies it and that idea become standard."

The main reason I'm getting the DS is for the Luigi Card game in Mario 64. I just know I could sit there playing it for hours.

These stylus games will save my writsts from carpel tunnel which is the main reason I dont play handhelds much in the first place.

snapty00 said:
Erm, there might be some neat uses of the features of the DS, but you're entirely blowing it out of proportion. Sounds just like pre-connectivity hype. "Sure, there aren't many games using it NOW, but wait a year! We're gonna be treading new territory with Nintendo!"

Sure it can sound like HYPE but the question is which system got me excited for something new? Which company has my money?

Don't worry SONY will have a DUAL SCREEN in a few years :D

snapty00

Banned
seismologist said:
The main reason I'm getting the DS is for the Luigi Card game in Mario 64. I just know I could sit there playing it for hours.
Me, too. I hope there are other card games in it.

naz said:
Sure it can sound like HYPE but the question is which system got me excited for something new? Which company has my money?
That's...nice, I guess, but that has nothing to do with what you said:

"Launch games won't be mind blowing since devs just wanted to jump in at the start, but think of the next waves of games, give devs 18-24 months to come up with something very special and the PSP will just be another PS2 with nothing new, while the DS will move into gaming we never seen."

naz said:

If those games interest me then i'll get them. As of now the only 2 DS games that i'd buy the system for are SMT and GameArts RPG. I don't have a problem with the PSP being a portable PS2, it's my favorite console ever. Considering that both of Nintendo 2 previous handhelds (the GC and GBA) were very similar to the NES and SNES, I don't think consumers have a problem with handhelds like that.

Top Bottom