• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Dalek

Man. I haven't watched this show since season 2.
Ward
is still in this show? This is the problem with these types of shows... when ever a character is popular they will just stretch their stories into infinity to justify them being there.

kavvwMR.gif

sturmdogg

It's funner this way.

I'll catch up eventually. It's interesting to see some comments in here. Seems like a completely different show at this point. Is Skye even in it at this point? Hardly any mentions anymore.

Damn, you really have been gone for a long time.

Varna

Damn, you really have been gone for a long time.

You know, what kept me from watching Season 3 was moviebob's "Agents of Ship."

I know these shows have to feature this crap... but man, it's a chore to get to the good bits sometimes. I think I was still fresh of the Flash which also had this type of thing. I didn't want to endure it again so soon.

EDIT: And I know Skye became Quake/Daisy. That was part of the season 2 finale. It will be hard to get use to calling her otherwise since she is pretty much an original character appropriating an existing name.

Khaz

EDIT: And I know Skye became Quake/Daisy. That was part of the season 2 finale. It will be hard to get use to calling her otherwise since she is pretty much an original character appropriating an existing name.

The other way around. She was an existing character hiding in plain sight.

ZeoVGM

Banned
You know, what kept me from watching Season 3 was moviebob's "Agents of Ship."

I know these shows have to feature this crap... but man, it's a chore to get to the good bits sometimes. I think I was still fresh of the Flash which also had this type of thing. I didn't want to endure it again so soon.

That was the middle of season 2 actually.

But the producers had always planned to introduce Inhumans and for Skye to be one. While I don't know if they always planned to have her also be Daisy Johnson specifically, it seems likely considering they planted the Inhuman seeds so early:

This is from episode 4 of the first season. It went fairly unnoticed when it first aired but it ended up being the alien writing that Garrett and Coulson drew at the end of the season, which then turned out to be a map to the Inhuman city.

It's funny seeing that episode on rewatches. Despite the pain of not being able to mention the word "Hydra" for most of season 1, the writers clearly had a general plan in place.

SRG01

That was the middle of season 2 actually.

But the producers had always planned to introduce Inhumans and for Skye to be one. While I don't know if they always planned to have her also be Daisy Johnson specifically, it seems likely considering they planted the Inhuman seeds so early:

This is from episode 4 of the first season. It went fairly unnoticed when it first aired but it ended up being the alien writing that Garrett and Coulson drew at the end of the season, which then turned out to be a map to the Inhuman city.

It's funny seeing that episode on rewatches. Despite the pain of not being able to mention the word "Hydra" for most of season 1, the writers clearly had a general plan in place.

I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but those letters on the right look like Kree symbols... was it obvious it was Kree from way back in S1E4?

Boem

I haven't really been keeping up, but is this week's episode the finale or is that next week? And have they officially confirmed season 5 at this point?

LaNaranja

Just caught up today. This show is firing on all cylinders.

Also that "maybe she's just racist" line caught me off guard lol

Made me bust out laughing. The white lady's face plus the racist comment was just too much. I'm disappointed no one has made a gif yet.

being ward and trip back, one final season that sends everyone off nicely

maybe evil fitz is the antagonist. have him and simmons end tragically

Fitz has always been a leaf on the wind. He and Simmons were never going to have a happy ending, that has been clear since episode one. The best we can hope for is that Simmons gets taken instead.

RS4-

So I'm finally getting around to watching AOS from the start. Initially I thought that I saw more than a few eps.

Instead I watched...1.5 lol.

jph139

She's multiethnic - half-white, half-Chinese, same as her character.

I didn't notice either. Even after a friend of mine pointed it out, I legitimately didn't believe her until I looked it up. I figure I would have realized it when her mother showed up, though...

After season 3 I wouldn't have been mad at a cancellation of AoS. It was solid and but I thought the series had already peaked with season 2.

After season 4 I desperately want them to continue it. Best comic book show out there right now.

croten

It's funner this way.

I'll catch up eventually. It's interesting to see some comments in here. Seems like a completely different show at this point. Is Skye even in it at this point? Hardly any mentions anymore.

I wish, I've always found Skye/Daisy the least interesting character in the show. Up there with pre-hydra Ward but unlike him she stayed boring

LotusHD

Banned
I wish, I've always found Skye/Daisy the least interesting character in the show. Up there with pre-hydra Ward but unlike him she stayed boring

Nah, after she got her powers, she finally became pretty cool imo

Before that, the show kept going on and on about how special she is, which is the most annoying thing ever when said character's actions isn't really matching up to such a proclamation

Now she has powers, and she's really come a long way. The only thing really against her is that people like Jemma, Fitz, and Coulson just be hogging the spotlight with how talented their performances are.

Two?

Is Chloe chinese?

Chloe continues to pass :p

Before that, the show kept going on and on about how special she is, which is the most annoying thing ever when said character's actions isn't really matching up to such a proclamation

Didn't she shoot Ward with most cold "fuck you" face before Terrigenisys? I think that, like the show, the character became on it's steady rise to greatness since the Turn Turn Turn.

EDTI: rewatched that scene on the youtube, sorry, was remembering wrong... it wasn't a cold "fuck you" face, it was just "you're my enemy, fuck you".

croten

Nah, after she got her powers, she finally became pretty cool imo

Now she has powers, and she's really come a long way. The only thing really against her is that people like Jemma, Fitz, and Coulson just be hogging the spotlight with how talented their performances are.

Chloe continues to pass :p

The problem for me wasn't that she wasn't as special as they made her out to be, in fact I liked it a lot more when she didn't have powers. Back in season 1 she was just a hacker and that was fine but every season she's been getting more and more adept at everything to the point where she's almost flawless. I like her interactions with Coulson, Ward and her father but outside of that she just annoys me.

dabig2

Didn't she shoot Ward with most cold "fuck you" face before Terrigenisys? I think that, like the show, the character became on it's steady rise to greatness since the Turn Turn Turn.

EDTI: rewatched that scene on the youtube, sorry, was remembering wrong... it wasn't a cold "fuck you" face, it was just "you're my enemy, fuck you".

My favorite thing about this is that from the point of Turn, Turn, Turn there were quite a lot of people in those early threads already bemoaning how the show would go the trope route and have Ward eventually get a redemption arc and do a face turn and Daisy would still fall in love with him. Nope - he's a persistent enemy of dubious morals at best, whom she treats with outright disgust and then just cold-bloodily shoots point blank in the chest and leaves for dead. There is no reconciliation, no flirting, no "he's the bad guy to her good girl and she'll fall for his bad boy charms".

Ironically, a couple seasons later and we now have Ward 3.0, but that's not our Grant Ward.

LotusHD

Banned

Oh yea, true, that was fucking amazing.

My favorite thing about this is that from the point of Turn, Turn, Turn there were quite a lot of people in those early threads already bemoaning how the show would go the trope route and have Ward eventually get a redemption arc and do a face turn and Daisy would still fall in love with him. Nope - he's a persistent enemy of dubious morals at best, whom she treats with outright disgust and then just cold-bloodily shoots point blank in the chest and leaves for dead. There is no reconciliation, no flirting, no "he's the bad guy to her good girl and she'll fall for his bad boy charms".

Ironically, a couple seasons later and we now have Ward 3.0, but that's not our Grant Ward.

I will always love AoS for not doing the obvious thing. Ironically they ended keeping Ward around, but in much more interesting ways rather than do the stupid redemption arc thing

Even when his purpose had run his course, they still ingeniously brought him back as both an alien and now part of the Framework

He's like the CW's version of Wells, except scarier

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
After season 3 I wouldn't have been mad at a cancellation of AoS. It was solid and but I thought the series had already peaked with season 2.

After season 4 I desperately want them to continue it. Best comic book show out there right now.

It's actually the only one I watch. I'm not really too big a fan of the superhero genre. The MCU -- albeit unevenly -- has made me, at times, care quite a bit about these characters and their world. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D most of all.

Admittedly I haven't given other comic book shows much of a chance. My most recent attempt was the first episodes of Arrow. I detested it, heh. D:

Top Bottom