• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Chirotera

Banned
Human AIDA having a breakdown and face-turning (and giving them an excuse to keep the actress around) would be awesome.

That was one of my favorite things about Illyria's arc from Angel. An old god coming back and realizing she has no place in the new world, so fuck it, I'll be a good guy for now...

It'd be neat if they work the same kind of magic with Aida. Like, oh shit, being human kind of sucks and I don't know what I am anymore, I guess I'll work with the good guys while I figure this out! Also they probably all hate me because I did some fucked up shit.

"Melindas husband should be there as well."

Should be, but keep in mind that Bahrain was the catalyst for their separation. Considering what happens in the Cambridge Incident and the fact that May clearly feels about as much guilt as she did with Bahrain, wouldn't be surprised if it still leads to them separating in the Framework. I also don't see Andrew being down with HYDRA.

Well andrew being a potential inhuman , it's safe to assume he's either dead or on the run in the framework.

i'm thinking he's dead given his position. Probably one of those purged when shield fell

bitbydeath

"Melindas husband should be there as well."

Should be, but keep in mind that Bahrain was the catalyst for their separation. Considering what happens in the Cambridge Incident and the fact that May clearly feels about as much guilt as she did with Bahrain, wouldn't be surprised if it still leads to them separating in the Framework. I also don't see Andrew being down with HYDRA.

Yea, I guess they may have never gotten together since she sided with Hydra.

C-Drive

So did anyone mention that it's possible they could bring Hope into the "real world"? I'd imagine some situation where the person in the framework has to be on some certain point to be transferred, and Ward, instead of stepping in himself, puts Mack's kid there.

ZeoVGM

Banned
So did anyone mention that it's possible they could bring Hope into the "real world"? I'd imagine some situation where the person in the framework has to be on some certain point to be transferred, and Ward, instead of stepping in himself, puts Mack's kid there.

I think it will at least be brought up but I feel as if Mack will say no as he would be living a lie. (But would he be If she's a real person with real thoughts?)

Another theory I've had is that Mack is the one in the group who wants to stay behind and they have to literally force him to leave, physically pulling him away from his daughter.

Mariolee

Plenty of people have already mentioned the idea. I could definitely see them doing it too.

I think it will at least be brought up but I feel as if Mack will say no as he would be living a lie. (But would he be If she's a real person with real thoughts?)

Another theory I've had is that Mack is the one in the group who wants to stay behind and they have to literally force him to leave, physically pulling him away from his daughter.

either that or maybe it's a choice between saving/helping them in a way that he gets separated and doesnt has the option to go back, but yeah, i can see that happening.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I personally don't believe we'll lose any of the main cast, to be honest.

Which is good, as I'd much rather see how they deal with the mental impact of the Framework in a potential season 5.

Boem

I can't see any of the dead characters coming back into the real world (at least not for long, not beyond this season), but I can definitely see Fitz leaving the show. Probably realizing what he's become and not being able to deal with it, and sacrificing himself so the others can leave or something.

I'm kind of afraid Mack will stay behind to be able to live an (artificial) life with his daughter, but that would suck since he's the only black cast member.

Quick

Banned
Bakshi is way too on the nose, especially with the O'Reilly shit going down right now. Particularly the bit before SHIELD broke into his studio lol.

He's not real. It doesn't matter.

giphy.gif

That's because Trip and Simmons were meant to be, but then the writers had to be like "let's push this nonexistent Fitz/Simmons relationship"

Tripsimmons is lowkey the OTP.

Quick

Banned
Mallory Jansen is great at the evil side eye. That's Emmy-winning material right there.

Might be the first time I legit felt bad for Ward since Season 1 in that episode where his childhood was shown + the dog, eventually leading to him pushing Fitzsimmons out of The Bus and into the ocean.

Khaz

Back one episode or so, I'm surprised the writers didn't give more thought to Ward's line about the other world: "how do you know that one is the real one?" Because how do they? Their brain experience both worlds in the same manner, with the same stimulated nerve endings. There is a real argument to be held by Framework people, in that their world is the real one, and the other world is the simulated one.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I find it strange that this week's episode was the last of the season that Brett Dalton is listed as a guest star this season. Was him smiling as citizens showed up to join the Resistance the last time we see him in the Framework?

Oh do the writers have another surprise lined up in the finale, which is the only episode without a synopsis yet?

Pachimari

I would love it if Fitz comes out from the Framework now having his normal self replaced with his program from the Framework, making him think he's still some huge Hydra leader, making him escape from Shield, and him being the main villain of a shortened S5. Would be quite fun.

HeySeuss

Man just caught up on the last 4 episodes from the break since I can't watch it live anymore. Pretty cool storyline and I was excited to see Tripp again. I guess that Ward redemption looks to be a full go and probably bringing him back to the real world. Unless he sacrifices himself, which I could also see.

Also, Maye still is terrible. All angry all the time. That head nod when she acknowledged Mace's sacrifice was cringeworthy.

LotusHD

Banned
Man just caught up on the last 4 episodes from the break since I can't watch it live anymore. Pretty cool storyline and I was excited to see Tripp again. I guess that Ward redemption looks to be a full go and probably bringing him back to the real world. Unless he sacrifices himself, which I could also see.

Also, Maye still is terrible. All angry all the time. That head nod when she acknowledged Mace's sacrifice was cringeworthy.

She's​ not tho

Cold would be the more appropriate word if anything

Boem

Back one episode or so, I'm surprised the writers didn't give more thought to Ward's line about the other world: "how do you know that one is the real one?" Because how do they? Their brain experience both worlds in the same manner, with the same stimulated nerve endings. There is a real argument to be held by Framework people, in that their world is the real one, and the other world is the simulated one.

The problem with going for that storyline is that the audience knows everything in the show preceding the Framework arc is 'real', due to its connection to the movies. There's no real tension there because everyone knows what the solution to that puzzle would be, and you can't really fool the audience in thinking otherwise after so many episodes. Of course, you can pull some drama from approaching that idea purely from the perspective from the Framework people like Ward (and they still might when they're about to leave the Framework - and of course they are doing it right now with Fitz), but that might be too busy in combination with all the other storylines they've got going on.

Top Bottom