• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Meh, that sounded a bit too much like the Thor "it's actually science!" explanation. They had Strange, stahp with the no magic stuff.

Even The Ancient One implied there is science behind what they do. It's just most can't comprehend it. Any technology if sufficiently advanced may as well be called magic.

Meh, that sounded a bit too much like the Thor "it's actually science!" explanation. They had Strange, stahp with the no magic stuff.

Speaking of Strange, we have two explicit MCU references in that clip -

The Dark Dimension -Dimension ruled by Dormammu, also where the Ancient One drew power from.

Darkforce - Also called Zero Matter The stuff Whitney Frost was trying to harness in Agent Carter Season 2.

DeathyBoy

Banned
"Hell is relative. Dimensions. Space. Planets. It's all connected."

dyD0U9v.gif

That's really damn clever tbh.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Got completely caught up in time for the finale. Show is awesome. Really liking how they are handling the shorter multiple arcs. Outside of Legion, AoS is easily the best super hero show right now.

Yeah, that was already known. Hope her new show is good but that sucks.

Both actors got screwed by Most Wanted not being picked up.

Here's hoping we at least get Hunter back.

I liked Bobbi and Hunter, but did anyone want them to have their own show? I always thought they were the most random characters to make a spin off show for. Most Wanted never stood a chance.

Most Wanted always seemed odd to me. The characters were good as part of the ensemble, I don't know why anyone thought it would be a good idea to take them out of that.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I just don't know what was the angle they intended to push. With Agents of SHIELD, you've already cornered your super-spy show. Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, those all have unique angles (Iron Fist sure as fuck doesn't). Most Wanted... what, an international on-the-run series or something?

Volimar

I liked Bobbi and Hunter, but did anyone want them to have their own show? I always thought they were the most random characters to make a spin off show for. Most Wanted never stood a chance.

I wanted Bobbi to stay. Hunter could sod off. And at the time, I'd have been happy for him to take May with him.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/16/agents-shield-season-finale-spoilers/

In the wake of becoming human and subsequently getting her heart broken, Aida (Mallory Janssen) is determined to transform our world into the oppressed, Inhuman-hating world of the Framework. Will she succeed? You’ve heard from the cast, and now executive producers Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, and Jeffrey Bell offer their five annual cryptic teases about the season finale:

• There’s a room with a view.
• There’s a bridge to nowhere.
• There’s a toast.
• Does anyone want pie?
• Burrows is still looking for bars.

jph139

If Inhumans was premiering earlier you could probably squeeze a third of a full season in the fall... but as-is, yeah, definitely waiting until spring.

Wonder what the episode count will end up being.

Altazor

Well... as I said before, if they start production knowing it'll be the last season, I hope they end up giving the show the ending it deserves. As in: "we've got a plan, we're making sure we stick the landing". They gave us their best season this year, let's just hope they end up surpassing it.

quesalupa

Well... as I said before, if they start production knowing it'll be the last season, I hope they end up giving the show the ending it deserves. As in: "we've got a plan, we're making sure we stick the landing". They gave us their best season this year, let's just hope they end up surpassing it.
That's what I'm hoping too. They can do more really good character driven finale episodes with the smaller budget.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I guess the Thor in-season crossover is dead. LoL

Yeah, I seriously doubt they'd do the full 22 episodes. If they run on Fridays starting on Jan. 5, 2018, the 22nd episode would be June 1, and shows almost never run into June. Unless they have a two-hour finale on May 25?

The Winter Olympics will be Feb. 9 to 25, though, which eats up three Fridays (Feb. 9, 16 and 23). I don't know if ABC would put SHIELD up against that, especially on Feb. 9 when the Games will open. Considering that, maybe ABC doesn't start SHIELD up until March 2 ... if you run one episode per Friday through May 25, that's 13 episodes, the standard size of a TV season that doesn't get a "back nine." Kinda makes some sense. Waiting 9½ months for a new episode would suck, though...

[edit] Oh, the editor at The Hollywood Reporter says SHIELD is getting 22 episodes: https://twitter.com/Snoodit/status/864514521691443200

I think maybe they'll have a two-hour premiere on Jan. 5, skip Feb. 9, and have a two-hour finale on May 25. That gives you 22 episodes.

I have no issue with when S5 airs, and how long it airs for as long as it is good. I was always expecting this to be the final season, so not annoyed about that either

I am/was expecting the show to play of some themes going into Infinity War though (in the same way S4 did [kinda] with Doctor Strange), so I hope the schedule does not conflict with that.

Top Bottom