• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

I wonder could Shield use She Hulk, Nova, Silver Sable and others. Ghost Rider still feels like a big get, and I want them to push for something bigger!

Now that Marvel and Sony are friends, maybe Spider-Gwen?

If they need to avoid a connection to Spiderman Homecoming, then have Framework Gwen Stacy escape the Framework via 3D printer, and give us a Spider-Gwen arc!

Actually, if they use the Framework to print someone, might as well do Miles Morales as well!

....Jessica Drew?

Okay, I will stop!

I wouldn't be surprised at Jessica Drew being one of the characters they're considering for TV at all.

An alternate Spider-person does make some sense, as the show will air a few months after Spiderman homecoming. There seems little chance of an alternate showing up on the big screen, direct from Sony or Marvel, so it seem a safe place to use a character. Having to deal with Sony does add a big complication - probably too much for a TV show

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
maybe we get some Wakanda love off the events of Black Panther in Feb?

then close out with Infinity War for the series finale

Remember the debates over those two random guys Coulson(?) killed?

5tCjged.gif

An alternate Spider-person does make some sense, as the show will air a few months after Spiderman homecoming. There seems little chance of an alternate showing up on the big screen, direct from Sony or Marvel, so it seem a safe place to use a character. Having to deal with Sony does add a big complication - probably too much for a TV show

Jessica has nothing to do with Spider-Man, despite the name. She was present and helped out in Spiderverse sure, but as a rule of thumb, they always made sure Jessica and Parker weren't near each other.
Spider-Woman has as much to do with Spider-Man as Black Widow has.

So finally caught up over the last few days, really couldn't put S4 down has so many great moments and I loved that it kept building the second arc during the first that was extremely well done.

Although despite some rather good acting I'm somewhat disappointed that the plot has turned to Robot Girl wants real body> gets real body> can't handle rejection> oh also has like every super power> will likely want to destroy the world

That is so cliched and over used that I'm really disappointed that there isn't anymore to it after such a great arc and build up to this finale. It would have been a much more interesting twist if she actually had not gone crazy over being rejected and truly wanted to use her powers for good yet Coulson and everyone wants to kill her because they think she is actually a threat and hate her for what she did to them when she was still a robot.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Powers Boothe, who played Gideon Malick on Agents of SHIELD, has died. http://variety.com/2017/film/news/powers-boothe-dead-at-68-sin-city-agents-of-shield-1202426655/

Variety said:
Powers Boothe, a prolific character actor on the small and big screen, died Sunday in Los Angeles. He was 68.

According to his rep, Boothe died in his sleep Sunday morning of natural causes.

It's too bad, but at least his death doesn't seem to have been painful. I'm glad he was able to reprise his role from Avengers on this show for a bit, it was fun to see.

[edit] Sorry, I didn't know it was addressed on the previous page.

Jessica has nothing to do with Spider-Man, despite the name. She was present and helped out in Spiderverse sure, but as a rule of thumb, they always made sure Jessica and Parker weren't near each other.
Spider-Woman has as much to do with Spider-Man as Black Widow has.

I am just confused about the rights and what Sony actually owns. I guess they own less than I thought. Does Sony technically own Spider-Gwen? I know they have Gwen Stacy, but Spider-Gwen is another a new offshoot. Thing are too confusing.

Well, as long as Marvel owns....

T
A
S
K
M
A
S
T
E
R

...everything is fine!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

But Spider-Man Homecoming supposedly takes place a few months after Captain America: Civil War, which takes place in April 2016. Season five of Agents of SHIELD will pick up more than a year after that.

If anything, there will be a crossover with Thor Ragnarok or Doctor Strange, since they'll be doing things on Earth in fall 2017.

LotusHD

Banned
So finally caught up over the last few days, really couldn't put S4 down has so many great moments and I loved that it kept building the second arc during the first that was extremely well done.

Although despite some rather good acting I'm somewhat disappointed that the plot has turned to Robot Girl wants real body> gets real body> can't handle rejection> oh also has like every super power> will likely want to destroy the world

That is so cliched and over used that I'm really disappointed that there isn't anymore to it after such a great arc and build up to this finale. It would have been a much more interesting twist if she actually had not gone crazy over being rejected and truly wanted to use her powers for good yet Coulson and everyone wants to kill her because they think she is actually a threat and hate her for what she did to them when she was still a robot.

You're forgetting one very important thing:

It's Fitz. No woman (or man) can resist his charm.

Shaanyboi

Banned
But Spider-Man Homecoming supposedly takes place a few months after Captain America: Civil War, which takes place in April 2016. Season five of Agents of SHIELD will pick up more than a year after that.

If anything, there will be a crossover with Thor Ragnarok or Doctor Strange, since they'll be doing things on Earth in fall 2017.

So we can once again open an AoS episode with them literally sweeping up after whatever Thor was doing on Earth? Riveting...

Khaz

I am just confused about the rights and what Sony actually owns. I guess they own less than I thought. Does Sony technically own Spider-Gwen? I know they have Gwen Stacy, but Spider-Gwen is another a new offshoot. Thing are too confusing.

I've been googling about that, and a satisfactory explanation I read was that Sony would own not only Spider Man and his universe, but also have an exclusivity on Spider-memes. Spider-themed super heroes would be too close to the Spider Man copyright for anyone but them to exploit. They wouldn't own Jessica Drew as Spider Woman in her red, black and yellow costume, but the concept of a Spider Person who shoots web fluids and crawls on walls would be super close to copyright infringement. But as they only own The Spider Man character and his clique, they wouldn't be able to use a Spider Woman, even less Jessica Drew. So no Jessica Drew in either universe.

But really, no one knows what their deal was, so until she appears on either side, we're left speculating :(

Vic_Viper

Stopped watching the show after like 5-6 episodes into season 4. Wasnt a big fan of the new Daisy arc after Season 3 and the rest of the storyline didnt interest me enough to keep watching.

Decided to go back though and try and catch up before the season finale since the show was renewed. I skipped ahead to episode 15 and holy crap lol, I cant believe they are already doing the Pleasant Hill story line from the current comics! Season 4 is the season that starts out with Ghost Rider right? It feels like a completely new show where im at now. Love who I think is Madam Hydra! They are really turning this show around and might actually be better than Arrow and Flash currently.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Well, as long as Marvel owns....

T
A
S
K
M
A
S
T
E
R

...everything is fine!
Remember when we thought Ward would be Taskmaster? Good times.

I'm expecting zero movie tie-ins next season.

Stopped watching the show after like 5-6 episodes into season 4. Wasnt a big fan of the new Daisy arc after Season 3 and the rest of the storyline didnt interest me enough to keep watching.

Decided to go back though and try and catch up before the season finale since the show was renewed. I skipped ahead to episode 15 and holy crap lol, I cant believe they are already doing the Pleasant Hill story line from the current comics! Season 4 is the season that starts out with Ghost Rider right? It feels like a completely new show where im at now. Love who I think is Madam Hydra! They are really turning this show around and might actually be better than Arrow and Flash currently.
Go back and watch all of the S4 episodes you skipped right now.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

skipping from 6-15 is crazytown

Cuburt

I totally forgot about the time jump at the end of Season 3. In retrospect, it was a great way to signal something news was coming for S4 (and introduced LMDs)

Now I am wondering what they will do on Tuesday. I guess they won't do another jump, but I would like them to end with a bang to single what's coming in S5

Would love if they secretly cast and filmed a brand new character, and tossed it in at the end of the episode tomorrow.
I would be happy with a Ghost Rider spin-off tease.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
btw guys how is the framework still, uh, on? like I assumed the server hardware (or whatever you'd call it) was in the undersea station, but I guess not?

kirblar

btw guys how is the framework still, uh, on? like I assumed the server hardware (or whatever you'd call it) was in the undersea station, but I guess not?
It's powered by magic and the power of a bunch of random computers being hijacked via the internet.

When Ophelia teleported Mack to the Zephyr she brought a box with her. I assume that's it.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
"Hell is relative. Dimensions. Space. Planets. It's all connected."

dyD0U9v.gif

Meh, that sounded a bit too much like the Thor "it's actually science!" explanation. They had Strange, stahp with the no magic stuff.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Isn't the Framework set up in multiple areas where it wouldn't be as easy as just unplugging it?

My hope is that the season ends with the Framework still existing. The story in the Framework itself is interesting and I actually want to see what happens in it now. The idea of the team feeling bad that they would be "killing" all the people in the Framework and opting to keep it open is intriguing. Or perhaps someone keeps it open without the others knowing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I say, burn the Framework to hell and back. And give us another plot for next season.

Yeah, the combination of the people making machine being in the flooded station and ghost rider straight up telling us that it makes evil darkhold people means they aren't going to leverage it into bringing back Ward or Hope or whoever.

I wouldn't mind Jessica Drew in AoS, especially since the movies seem to be mostly done with SHIELD/HYDRA at this point.

What I really want tho is a Ghostrider(s) spinoff series.

Meh, that sounded a bit too much like the Thor "it's actually science!" explanation. They had Strange, stahp with the no magic stuff.

I'm glad that the MCU writers actually realize that there can be no such thing as "true" magic. Had a discussion once with someone who reads the comics and explained how in the comics there are actual "gods" and actual "magic" and I thought the idea that this is somehow inexplicably separate from how everything else works ("science") was silly.

Pachimari

I don't want Ward to come back. I've loved him for the three seasons he's given us but that's it. I don't want Hope either.

Hell, give us Ghost Rider slaying zombies and vampires in the dark hours next season.

I don't want Ward to come back. I've loved him for the three seasons he's given us but that's it. I don't want Hope either.

Hell, give us Ghost Rider slaying zombies and vampires in the dark hours next season.

Speaking of Vampires....what's Marvel doing with Blade these days? 😏

A new version of Ward does seem a bit too safe... especially with the crazy stuff the show has tackled this season.They have had so many versions that any new version is treading old ground.

The best case scenario for a framework transfer is a version of Peggy Carter that was frozen in ice, so we got 1940s Peggy transferred to 2017 to work with SHIELD for season 5.

Anoregon

We need to use the framework to produce an endless supply of Duncan Idaho gholas

#itsallconnectedtodune

Top Bottom