• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

HeySeuss

I guess it's symptomatic of the Marvel movies being somewhat forgettable but, are we supposed to know who is the new director? Why is this not Coulson anymore?

I think it's part of the Sokovia Accords, since he was in such a high position in the secret SHIELD, now he's relegated to an agent again. Sort of a checks and balances kind of thing.

I don't think the new director will be anyone we've seen before in the show. New character I think.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
If I remember correctly he did the makeup himself as it wasn't necessary for the special effects.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no CG in those Ghost Rider films. Cage actually mastered the ability to set himself on fire, it was all real. #TheMoreYouKnow

I guess it's symptomatic of the Marvel movies being somewhat forgettable but, are we supposed to know who is the new director? Why is this not Coulson anymore?

Coulson is, for all intents and purposes, dead. His SHIELD for the last season was largely off-the-table, and the ATCU was taking up that spot. Remember, the President told him that he couldn't really acknowledge that SHIELD still existed, because as far as everyone is concerned old SHIELD is a bad look.

With the Sokovia Accords on the table, the government can bring SHIELD back, but Coulson is A) still officially dead and B) the main tie to the old secretive regime under Fury. So, demotion.

Honestly, real governmental politics would've put Coulson in retirement, but he's a nominal lead, so...

With the Sokovia Accords on the table, the government can bring SHIELD back, but Coulson is A) still officially dead and B) the main tie to the old secretive regime under Fury. So, demotion.

Honestly, real governmental politics would've put Coulson in retirement, but he's a nominal lead, so...

So the big reason why Hunter and Mockingbird needed to be disavowed last season was the need to keep SHIELD's existence secret. Why weren't they brought back in if SHIELD is operating in the open now?

So the big reason why Hunter and Mockingbird needed to be disavowed last season was the need to keep SHIELD's existence secret. Why weren't they brought back in if SHIELD is operating in the open now?

No clue. I've been wondering if they would fold those two back into the main show, but that budget is probably being spent on Ghost Rider and AIDA.

jph139

The issue wasn't "SHIELD exists," it was "SHIELD is part of the US government and is operating on Russian soil."

Cuburt

Contrary to popular belief, there is no CG in those Ghost Rider films. Cage actually mastered the ability to set himself on fire, it was all real. #TheMoreYouKnow

GRgif1.gif

jelly

That was great. Only thing I'm disappointed with is May, everything is fine...she better spill the beans next episode.

Ghost Rider looks cool, even the car looked neat. Coulson Mr Gadget, don't overdo it.

That was great. Only thing I'm disappointed with is May, everything is fine...she better spill the beans next episode.

Ghost Rider looks cool, even the car looked neat. Coulson Mr Gadget, don't overdo it.

As mentioned in thread already, there's nothing to spill. Only the viewers know there was some ghostly thing that came out of the box and shot everyone. Coulson's video feed cut out and didn't show the moment the box opened, and no one who was actually there lived to tell what happened.

Mack's "not my kind of brothers" line was soooo bad lol. The way the camera panned over and zoomed in on him when he said it upped the terrible factor by like 10.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
lmao at Skye's new eye make-up.

"She is a bad girl now"

Her makeup looks like how it was when she was under HIVE's influence. It looks more like she's wearing caricature of someone who is insomniac, rather than emo makeup. Seems a bit too smeared.

Been watching clips of AoS Ghost Rider and the movie versions, and I've come to the conclusion that AoS GR has better CGI.

Not really saying much, seeing as the CGI in the movies wasn't that great, but still. A network TV show beat two big movies.

anaron

'This Is Us’, ‘Bull’ & ‘Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Lead Tuesday Live+3 Gains

Shows at 10 PM are generally more prone to delayed viewing, especially by younger audiences, with both top 18-49 Live+3 Tuesday gainers 10 PM shows — This Is Us (absolute lift) and ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (percentage lift). In its debut in its new later time slot, the comic book drama rose +82% over its L+SD rating, marking its largest L+3 increase ever for any single telecast. S.H.I.E.L.D. also scored its biggest-ever % Total Viewer L+3 lift (+61%).

S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s 2.0 L+3 rating in Adults 18-49 and 5.5 million total viewers closed the gap a bit with last season’s premiere (-35% in L+SD 18-49). These are S.H.I.E.L.D.’s best numbers since its winter finale December 8 2015.

I think it's part of the Sokovia Accords, since he was in such a high position in the secret SHIELD, now he's relegated to an agent again. Sort of a checks and balances kind of thing.

I don't think the new director will be anyone we've seen before in the show. New character I think.

Shield is publically government ran now and Phil is publically dead still.

I keep wondering when Ghost Rider will reveal he was actually Ghostwriter this whole time.

(I don't know why that popped into my head just now.)

He redeemed himself with a simple catchphrase...

Once again the Gods spread the cheeks to Ram Cock in Fucking Arse.
It sucks Lucy Lawless was only in a couple episodes and was killed in last season's premiere.
I keep wondering when Ghost Rider will reveal he was actually Ghostwriter this whole time.

(I don't know why that popped into my head just now.)

You're not alone, it's popped into my head several times in the past when thinking of Ghost Rider. Damn PBS.

It's mentioned in the dialogue of the episode that SHIELD will begin moving out of the shadows following the Sokovia Accords. That means needing to find a new face of the organization. Coulson is still officially dead to the world.

Edit: I see this has been answered by 5 other people.

... Did I miss this? I missed this, I totally didn't hear anybody talk about a Nelson/Murdock/Avocado or Devil of Hell's Kitchen.

There was a news broadcast mentioning the Dogs of Hell (though the Dogs appeared on SHIELD before they were in Daredevil) and I think at least a few mentions of Hell's Kitchen on news tickers. Pretty subtle and easy to miss, but they're there.

Top Bottom