• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
man that episode was on point

hope they carry this momentum all season

edit: looking fwd to gifs of quake & rider running at each other

also the intro...

Shaanyboi

Banned
Kinda weird how the scope this season feels smaller. Love Ghost Rider. Seems like the ghost thing is how they introduce the whole magical side of thing.

It's welcomed. The sense of scope has always been really weird on this show. Season 2 is probably when it felt most natural, but Season 3 was really odd. A smaller focused story is much needed.

Gothos

Okay, I'm gonna give this show another chance. Stopped watching somewhere in the second half of the 1st season so hopefuly it got better with 2 full seasons :)

duckroll

The only thing I would change about the episode is that I would have the ending montage show Simmons in bed with the new director, and Fitz is sitting at home crying alone.

I thought it was excellent *shrugs*

Ghost Rider was cool, Quake is the best she's ever been, not too much boring science/agent shenanigans, little to no shipping, etc.

I wish they added more violence but I liked what I got! Looking forward to episode 2!

While 2+3 are stronger than Season 1 and you are better off probably seeing them, I think you theoretically could jump into Season 4 with little background as Season 3 wrapped up a lot of arcs.
Probably hard to understand the Skye-->Daisy-->Quake transformation and the Inhumans stuff without watching previous seasons though, and those still seem like core elements of the show.

But I guess it's worth it to jump on just to see Ghost Rider in action.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Season 3 wasn't bad. It's pacing was a problem though. Especially when it came back from hiatus.

Yeah, on the whole it was decent. (It's not like they plugged a hole in the plane with an inflatable raft again.) But they pretty much loaded the front half of the second half with a lot of filler.

rJnyZKk.gif

That VR thing is totally telegraphing some twist at some point in the season where someone realizes that they're in VR ALL ALONG!

I thought for sure at first we were looking at the brain scan technology that Stark was using at the beginning of Civil War (with young Stark).

"Getting a 10pm slot will allow us to tell more interesting stories and push the envelope a little more."

Proceeds to open the episode with Skye putting on lingerie.

Lol.

Exactly! It was hilarious (and sad). But overall it was a very good episode! I watched the prior season finale just before the new one and it was a nice change in pacing and it was nice to get away from Hive/Ward. That just dragged on to long last season.

Prediction: A female member of the team is going to be crippled and they will use the VR along with the LMD to stay in the action. May?

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Exactly! It was hilarious (and sad). But overall it was a very good episode! I watched the prior season finale just before the new one and it was a nice change in pacing and it was nice to get away from Hive/Ward. That just dragged on to long last season.

Prediction: A female member of the team is going to be crippled and they will use the VR along with the LMD to stay in the action. May?

I think you are 100% on the money with this one.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So happy AoS is back! The first episode was a great setup for the season, there are tonnes of possibilities for where they can go from here.

I heard season 3 is bad, but is on Netflix it is worth it to watch it?

It's not bad at all, a few bleh episodes but some really great ones as well. Definitely worth binging.

KarmaCow

I get that they're using the new director's paranoia as an excuse but I hope this season doesn't devolve into bullshit that could have been solved by a simple conversation.

Joni

"Getting a 10pm slot will allow us to tell more interesting stories and push the envelope a little more."

Proceeds to open the episode with Skye putting on lingerie.

Lol.

If I was a director, I'd just start every taping like that. Then apologizing to Chloe that her scenes didn't make the screen, but maybe next time!

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
SHIELD came back with a bang. I look forward to what they do with Quake & Ghost Rider this season. Hopefully Robbie actually uses the chains that Johnny Blaze is commonly known for.

And Fitz, please, you got this far with Simmons. Don't fuck it up over LMDs.

Simmons LMD incoming.

Ithil

First five minutes in their new timeslot, someone gets their brains splattered all over a guy, and closeups of Daisy putting on her underwear. 10PM everyone.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The only thing I would change about the episode is that I would have the ending montage show Simmons in bed with the new director, and Fitz is sitting at home crying alone.

and the director is crying too

while simmons smokes a cigar

strafer

Hello, I'm glad to fina...

HeySeuss

Yeah I didn't think that cg was bad at all on the skull transformation. But then I was expecting typical bad SHIELD CGI and was pleasantly surprised.

The car getting hit looked good, but it broke suspension of disbelief for me. The skull transformation is great though; I don't see the reason for the complaints at all.

Top Bottom