• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

It infuriates me how with the film/TV divide, the whole G.H. Coulson being revived thing is the most perfect way to bring back Quicksilver and kickstart the Inhumans film and yet they won't do it.

As a fallen Avenger, Fury orders him to be stored in the GH until fully healed. Eventually wakes up and starts going crazy with the signals and trying to understand what they are driving him towards up and ends up meeting (his future wife) Crystal.

As mentioned twice over, the Guest House is no more. And even if they got a Kree to volunteer his blood, it obviously isn't as straightforward as just a straight blood transfusion since there were multiple varieties of the GH serums. What allowed them to create something that brought humans back from the dead likely went down with the house.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
CwwfZvGUcAEu_AY.jpg:orig
Voting in Quake costume? Sure.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Been catching up on this and damn, this season is solid as fuck. Love the weird shit angle this season has taken and Ghost Rider looks cool as hell (Pun intended)

Something else I've been noticing since rewatching the episodes, does anyone else love the small hint of fear everybody has on their face when they see Robbie transform into Ghost Rider the first time?

dabig2

Something else I've been noticing since rewatching the episodes, does anyone else love the small hint of fear everybody has on their face when they see Robbie transform into Ghost Rider the first time?

i fuckin love it tob honest. "I want to be rationalist but fire head makes a compelling argument for hail satan' is probably my favorite line of forever or however son of coul said that.

But seriously on a non drunkenn note hopefully Aos has nailed that transformation. Flaming skull should scare everyone and it mostly has so far. He is stupidly powerful and I wish he would've turned Patriot's head into a watermelon even though I love Jason O'mara. Even full on quip no fucks given Daisy has had to pause for the glorious one when she first saw him.

And I want also give a shoutout to Bear McCreary, my husbando. He has some excellent themes this season in particular with Ghost Rider and that whole theme of the book/ghosts.

I love this show ad I love all of you.

jph139

Inhumans in the Fall with a half-season for SHIELD in the Spring feels like a possibility to me. Definitely good news, in any case - that ABC is happy enough with SHIELD in general to return to the Marvel well.

word is that it's a miniseries, so it's probably not related to whether AoS is coming back or not.

Yeah, the way the Imax deal is outlined, it sounds like they just saw an opportunity to use a franchise they didn't know where to fit in.

Inhumans in the Fall with a half-season for SHIELD in the Spring feels like a possibility to me. Definitely good news, in any case - that ABC is happy enough with SHIELD in general to return to the Marvel well.

I think it has less to do with them being happy with SHIELD but knowing that people fucking love Marvel.

Khaz

I have a bad feeling about this. To me they are making the next series to keep a marvel presence after the cancellation of agents of shield. They want marvel on TV, but are pushing for something new after the audience fiasco of the first two series. I can't see two series alternating half-seasons like that.

I have a bad feeling about this. To me they are making the next series to keep a marvel presence after the cancellation of agents of shield. They want marvel on TV, but are pushing for something new after the audience fiasco of the first two series. I can't see two series alternating half-seasons like that.

Again, this has little to do with AoS. The Inhumans is an 8 episode miniseries and is financed to a large part by IMAX, probably in an effort to further market penetration. Of course they want a Marvel presence on TV and everything they've tried so far has failed to various degrees or not even made it out of production but Inhumans sounds like something new and different entirely.

Again, this has little to do with AoS. The Inhumans is an 8 episode miniseries and is financed to a large part by IMAX, probably in an effort to further market penetration. Of course they want a Marvel presence on TV and everything they've tried so far has failed to various degrees or not even made it out of production but Inhumans sounds like something new and different entirely.
So is this replacing the Inhumans movie entirely?

Averon

What was the general public's expectations of SHIELD when it first started airing?

I remember there being a lot of hype for the show on the run up to the premiere, but after the first few episodes, a lot of people cooled off to the show, and the show never really recovered after that. It has been a gradual decline since then. I could understand if the Marvel brand was in decline, but that is far from the case. The MCU is still extremely popular and successful, yet AoS completely failed to tap into that for some reason.

What was the general public's expectations of SHIELD when it first started airing?

I remember there being a lot of hype for the show on the run up to the premiere, but after the first few episodes, a lot of people cooled off to the show, and the show never really recovered after that. It has been a gradual decline since then. I could understand if the Marvel brand was in decline, but that is far from the case. the MCU is still extremely popular and successful, yet AoS completely failed to tap into that for some reason.

I think a lot of people had unrealistic expectations that there'd be an occasional appearances by a star or two from the movies riding off the hype of how it was supposed to be sharing the same universe as the movie universe, people probably started lose interest with outside a brief appearance by Sam Jackson you at best got the C-team supporting or side character from the movies and hell you don't even really get that anymore. But hell, now you can't even get a direct reference between the ABC show and what's going on with the Netflix shows.

Add in that the TV show is an after thought that has zero impact or influence on the movies and MCU fans are given no incentive to tune in, the failings of season one pre-Winter Soldier also probably didn't help matters.

Someone asked Mark Kolpack on Twitter if he would be doing the VFX on Inhumans and he said he was going to be busy with SHIELD, so I wonder if that means AoS is still going to be on the air too.

Someone asked Mark Kolpack on Twitter if he would be doing the VFX on Inhumans and he said he was going to be busy with SHIELD, so I wonder if that means AoS is still going to be on the air too.

That could also just mean Inhumans has a much lengthier production - as in, he's busy with the tail end of SHIELD S4 while Inhumans is in post-production.

EDIT: Or not...
[11:41] <@duckroll> ???????????
[11:41] <@duckroll> lengthier production????????
[11:41] <@duckroll> it was just announced
[11:41] <@duckroll> there is no showrunner
[11:42] <@duckroll> its coming out in less than a year
[11:42] <@duckroll> L O L

Harmen

While I haven't watched this season yet (heard good things), I am satisfied with the quality of AoS season 1.5-3. The first half of season 1 alienated a shitton of people (including me)and the lesser quality of season 3 probably also cost them some viewers (I liked it, but S2 was of way higher quality). I feel this show could've been much bigger if it started out better. If Inhumans has AoS S2 quality from the get go, I would be really happy and confident it will do well.

And I like that ABC is getting characters like Ghost Rider and the Inhumans.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
In case you need another reminder that the movies give zero fucks about Agents of SHIELD, look no further than his latest response from Kevin Feige to a question about the Inhumans movie.

"I think Inhumans will happen for sure. I don’t know when. I think it’s happening on television. And I think as we get into Phase 4 as I’ve always said, it could happen as a movie. I think it would be super cool."

So, he thinks that TV might have done something with Inhumans.

Y'know, he basically spoiled the existence of the Inhumans TV show and no one even realized it. Everyone thought he was just being ignorant about Agents of SHIELD, haha.

Khaz

Why on earth would anyone bump this thread on a tuesday one week before the actual return? I thought it was on tonight, you people have no soul.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

All right, so Quake leading a team consisting of Miss Marvel, whoever that Human Torch wannabe is, Moon Girl + Devil Dinosaur and freakin' Karnak?! Please just shove Karnak in a big hole in the ground and never mention him again. I mean, unless he's being written exclusively by Warren Ellis and only appears in short bursts.

Top Bottom