• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Y'all need to let go of the old shit. Nick Cage is terrible and you should all feel bad about it. Johnny Blaze is dead.

Of course Nick Cage is bad, but it still woulda been an epic reveal for nostalgia purposes.

I'm fine with Blaze being someone totally different in the MCU though

Jonogunn

If they don't plan to use johnny blaze at all and just for like a cameo or whatever why not use nick cage lol

It would be the best cameo ever.

anaron

We need a gif of that shot where Robbie is thrown from the car. The combination of the slight music, him narrating the Spirit calling out to him, and the CG was just amazing. One of the most amazing sequences I've ever seen in a Comic Book show.
oh that moment was truly quality stuff. Felt straight out of a comic book movie origin scene.

The Kree

Banned
This reminds me of ECW where they hated people, but if they showed up they'd go ballistic with cheers.

Believe me, I don't care for Nick Cage or his shitty Ghost Rider movies at all. I didn't give a shit when Hulk Hogan came back for X8 either, though I was happy he was willing to do the job.

dorikyasu

Y'all need to let go of the old shit. Nick Cage is terrible and you should all feel bad about it. Johnny Blaze is dead.
tumblr_m8ahfbYFJR1r29mqno1_500.gif

Zero-ELEC

Banned
That was a good-arse episode. The three week wait for the next one is gonna kill me. What follows are stray thoughts and impressions for the episode in no particular order:

• The flashback to GR's origins was really good.
  • Also, JOHNNY BLAZE!
  • Was that Blaze, tho? Could have been Ketch...
  • What happened to Coulson, Reyes and Fitz? Where they ghosted?
  • I really liked Gabe's reactions this whole episode. From the awe at the concept of Robbie being a secret agent to his horrified reactions when Robbie used him as an excuse.
  • Discount Captain America thinking that he could take Ghost Rider, haha.
  • Fitz's whole "Y-teah, it'll hold." Right before Ghost Rider broke the containment unit was great. Did I mention Ghost Rider's good in this? He is.
  • "Out of practice. Too much punching, not enough time with computers." That cracked me up.
  • Of course Eli is the bad guy.
  • RIP Ghosts. We hardly knew ye.

Damn man, it can't be overstated how good the Ghost Rider parts of this show are. The entire origin flashback was so well done, and felt way more menacing than anything on any of the TV superhero shows. The way they dropped the sound out right before the drive by, Johnny Blaze, the transformations, hnnnnnng

In case you need another reminder that the movies give zero fucks about Agents of SHIELD, look no further than his latest response from Kevin Feige to a question about the Inhumans movie.

"I think Inhumans will happen for sure. I don’t know when. I think it’s happening on television. And I think as we get into Phase 4 as I’ve always said, it could happen as a movie. I think it would be super cool."

So, he thinks that TV might have done something with Inhumans.

Khaz

"I think Inhumans will happen for sure. I don’t know when. I think it’s happening on television. And I think as we get into Phase 4 as I’ve always said, it could happen as a movie. I think it would be super cool."

"In our new film The Inhumans, we will see the royal family battle an existential threat in the person of an entity named Hive, which has been awoken after sleeping for centuries in a Chinese Mausoleum. To battle them, they will have to dig up the corpse of late Agent Coulson, who died before the Chitauri invasion, as he may have been buried with a secret that could save the whole inhumanity..."

[edit]Lol at "could happen". The film was on schedule and only got moved away because Spider Man became a thing. Now it only "could" happen? It's literal admission that it never was serious to begin with, and they were glad it went away. Inhumans ain't gonna happen in films, Feige is just too polite to kill the hype when asked about it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Yeah, the Inhumans left with Perlmutter.

The only one who will make it to the big leagues MCU is Kamala Khan.

So Feige never wanted to do Inhumans and is now free of having to do it because he doesn't answer to Perlmutter anymore...

...Or them being on AoS kinda ruined his plans and he scrapped it.

I dunno.

Khaz

I doubt anything happening on TV could ruins plans for the films. It's TV's duty to dance around the films, but the film can step wherever they feel like. "Hey, I'm gonna hop to New-York to get an extra recruit for our silly war. He wears red and kick asses but doesn't have DD on his chest. Instead he throws cars at buses in the middle of the day (and the street) but no one in Hell's kitchen has heard about him."

Prevision time: yeah I can see Ms. Marvel in phase nine (the third arc?), along with Spider Miles, and I assume Kid Nova. Like after the second arc tells a couple stories with Captain Marvel and Spider Man, and extends the galactic MCU with the Nova Corps and/or original Nova / Dad Nova
and the Fantastic Four are found in space after disappearing in the 60s due to an experiment gone wrong. Believe
. Anything sooner would feel rushed imo.

Yet another fantastic episode. What a great season, also the pacing continues to nail it.

"Who said anything about a car?" Feels good to be back, doesn't it Daisy? :D
That Star Wars Rebels/Empire reference.
That bit with them all saying how it would hold lol.
"Stay back, I've got this." Next moment one-sided ass-whooping after his one good punch and throw. ;)
The tie in to Agent Carter was cool.

So I'm a tad unfamilar with Ghost Rider.

Did Johnny Blaze give his powers away or just create a new Ghost Rider?

Same here, good question.

E20dDr8.gif

The exact moment i marked the fuck out.

Hehe

His best transformation. Solid camera work.

bUsD08o.gif

Fantastic job! That was jaw dropping seeing that on TV.

Volimar

They continue to nail those transformations. More people should be watching this. I liked that the new director found where they were hiding. He's got some good secrets I'm guessing.

I've never read any Ghost Rider comics and I may have watched the first Nick Cage movie while drunk. So can Ghost Rider kill anyone? I thought it was only people who deserved it but ghost woman and the rest of the ghost gang still got killed. Is the criteria for deserving it really harsh? Also, there can be multiple riders at once? Like from what I understand, there are different spirits that can either pass on their power or implant new spirits?

anaron

So Feige never wanted to do Inhumans and is now free of having to do it because he doesn't answer to Perlmutter anymore...

I dunno.

Nothing on AoS would interfere or contradict the royal family though so Feige is just being a dumbass and yet again displaying his DGAF attitude about TV cuz he sucks.

I've never read any Ghost Rider comics and I may have watched the first Nick Cage movie while drunk. So can Ghost Rider kill anyone? I thought it was only people who deserved it but ghost woman and the rest of the ghost gang still got killed. Is the criteria for deserving it really harsh? Also, there can be multiple riders at once? Like from what I understand, there are different spirits that can either pass on their power or implant new spirits?
Of the two ghosts I recall being killed (what happened to the rest again?) one was in the process of trying to kill Mack and the lead ghost had killed several people by way of infection, some intentionally. I think they qualify.

"Of the two ghosts I recall being killed (what happened to the rest again?) one was in the process of trying to kill Mack and the lead ghost had killed several people by way of infection, some intentionally. I think they qualify."

And let's not forget that Lucy had just admitted she was knowledgeable of, if not altogether complicit in, the attempt on his uncle's life (which is what ultimately killed Robbie and crippled Gabe).

caliph95

The spirits probably deserve it. Unless i'm wrong only the penance stare is reserve for people who deserve it he can use regular attacks on everybody else. He only transforms in the presence of evil but i don't think there is anything stopping him attacking anyone he wants.

So I was talking about the recent episodes with a friend and I think I might have just found a plothole in this season.

Radcliffe has robot eyes, as shown in his first episode. So why didn't he go blind when the EMP went off in episode 3? Coulson's arm stopped working, so his eyes should have as well.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
So I was talking about the recent episodes with a friend and I think I might have just found a plothole in this season.

Radcliffe has robot eyes, as shown in his first episode. So why didn't he go blind when the EMP went off in episode 3? Coulson's arm stopped working, so his eyes should have as well.

EMP shielding. He protected Aida's powersource as well.

EMP shielding. He protected Aida's powersource as well.

He said her power source was experimental and nothing else in his house used anything like that.

I think the writers just forgot he had robot eyes.

However, I can accept that as a no prize explanation, though it would have been pretty funny for him to be like "Welp, I'm blind now. It's up to you, Simmons."

neorej

ERMYGERD!
He said her power source was experimental and nothing else in his house used anything like that.

I think the writers just forgot he had robot eyes.

However, I can accept that as a no prize explanation, though it would have been pretty funny for him to be like "Welp, I'm blind now. It's up to you, Simmons."

the power source could be experimental, EMP shielding is pretty common. Why Fitz didn't think about that when screwing together Coulson's hand is beyond me.

the power source could be experimental, EMP shielding is pretty common. Why Fitz didn't think about that when screwing together Coulson's hand is beyond me.

That's kinda part of the reason why I would have preferred him to go blind. Then there wouldn't be a question of why Radcliffe thought of it and didn't bother to give Fitz a heads up that shielding might be a nice thing to add to prosthetics.

Maybe he has only one robot eye and he's just really good at faking it using his one good eye?

The EMPs themselves were much bigger plot holes than that. Anything damaged by an EMP wouldn't come back because the effect stopped. An EMP strong enough to somehow blow the power generation plants would have created an outage lasting days, if not weeks.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Although it's easy to explain why it wasn't an issue, I also think that the writers forgot about Radcliffe's eyes. :p

Maybe he has only one robot eye and he's just really good at faking it using his one good eye?

The EMPs themselves were much bigger plot holes than that. Anything damaged by an EMP wouldn't come back because the effect stopped. An EMP strong enough to somehow blow the power generation plants would have created an outage lasting days, if not weeks.
Yeah, the amount of damage and casualties being so minuscule across seven major cities was pretty ridiculous.

Is there only one Ghost Rider or multiple? I.e. if that was Johnny Blaze, did he pass that curse on to Reyes? Or did he just create a new GR?

I dunno.

Maybe they cut a deal with Fox and are planning to introduce FF and XMen to the MCU?

Inhumans got moved - in part - because of Indiana Jones. I think they will still do it, but probably a Phase 4 movie. I heard the Royal Family is also more like slave owners and The Lanisters from Game of Thrones, which would be much more interesting to see a MCU take on it as opposed to a copy of the XMen.

anaron

It infuriates me how with the film/TV divide, the whole G.H. Coulson being revived thing is the most perfect way to bring back Quicksilver and kickstart the Inhumans film and yet they won't do it.

As a fallen Avenger, Fury orders him to be stored in the GH until fully healed. Eventually wakes up and starts going crazy with the signals and trying to understand what they are driving him towards up and ends up meeting (his future wife) Crystal.

Fathead

It infuriates me how with the film/TV divide, the whole G.H. Coulson being revived thing is the most perfect way to bring back Quicksilver and kickstart the Inhumans film and yet they won't do it.

As a fallen Avenger, Fury orders him to be stored in the GH until fully healed. Eventually wakes up and starts going crazy with the signals and trying to understand what they are driving him towards up and ends up meeting (his future wife) Crystal.

The guest house got blown up.

Neoxon

The GH got blown to kingdom come in Season 1. Your best bet for bringing back Pietro is
Doctor Strange

Top Bottom