• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
No way...

oh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuckoh fuck

That motorcycle.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Samaritan is Johnny Blaze, isn't he?

Did we just see Johnny Blaze?

Yoooooooo

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Johnny!!!!

That was Blaze right?

That was awesome!

the unbridled hype

Also, sup Johnny.

kfqNrwK.jpg

Sorry DCTV, man I hate me some AoS at times but this was one of the most hype moments I have ever seen on a superhero tv series, that put everything including the Netflix series to shame as far as excitement/hype goes.

an actual Ghost Rider series would be way too expensive fx wise no? they are already using his rider face sparingly

I think using it sparingly for an actual Ghost Rider show would work best there too. Ghost Rider shouldn't be transforming all the time. Not all threats warrant it. Cut aways allow the imagination to fill in gaps about what Ghost Rider is doing.

Matty77

Does that mean Johnny Blaze is dead? I mean, he didn't seem to be around when the ghosts apparently pulled the Darkhold out of what could have been his shed.
Shouldn't be, in the comics he was still around. Maybe it was ketch though and in that case good riddance.

jph139

The penance stare, the chains, the sons of midnight, all the things people think of when they think of Johnny Blaze were actually all Ketch.

Johnny has the better origin story though - stunt rider who makes a bum deal with the devil and all that. Ketch is the cooler Rider, but he's a shit host compared to the OG.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I always enjoyed the show but I almost can't believe how good this season has been and how much they're nailing Ghost Rider. I really hope it keeps up the pace.

edit: this longass hiatus sucks

This was the most hype moment for me the entire episode!! Anyone else hope he'll have more appearances later in the show?

No doubt. The ghosts are done and it might take the power of two Ghost Riders to stop Eli. Car and motorcycle side by side, both aflame.

We might get the Penance Stare after all!

KarmaCow

Something that has been bothering me, why would Lucy go to Eli for help if she knew he was responsible for everything?

He is not only the one that turned her into what she was, he's also the only one left attached to the project. She's desperate and thought she had control over him with her ghost powers.

BLACKLAC

Something that has been bothering me, why would Lucy go to Eli for help if she knew he was responsible for everything?

No other choice? She can't read the book and Eli is the only one familiar with the tech/book who can fix her in relatively short time.

It's either him or be stuck like that.

Asbel

It was a pretty awful swerve. They went so out of their way to misdirect that the twist just felt really out of character for Lucy and Eli. Basically bad writing.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It was a pretty awful swerve. They went so out of their way to misdirected that the twist just felt really out of character for Lucy and Eli. Basically bad writing.
Yeah, I bought why she would go after him, but the twist was the weakest thing about an otherwise excellent episode. He went a bit too mustache twirling out of nowhere and she was basically "my work here is done, your uncle is the true motherfucker". The conversations between Lucy and Eli should have had a different kind of tension too considering what he did to her in the past.

Just caught up and am I crazy or was that one of the best episodes the show has ever had? Dear God that shot of Robbie being thrown from the car and The Rider rolling up.....JESUS

If this show gets canceled I'm gonna be devastated

Carbonox

johnny hnnnnnnnngh

robbie hnnnnnnnnngh

GOAT season

I like this MCU origin story way more than Robbie's "my crazy murderous uncle possessed my car and turned me in to a discount goat ryder" comic book origin.

The idea that Johnny's Ghost Rider is the OG Mephisto's creation and can pass it on to others flows better in my mind.

We need a gif of that shot where Robbie is thrown from the car. The combination of the slight music, him narrating the Spirit calling out to him, and the CG was just amazing. One of the most amazing sequences I've ever seen in a Comic Book show.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I know it's been talked about a lot but that OG Ghost Rider cameo was legit as fuck.

kurahador

So I'm a tad unfamilar with Ghost Rider.

Did Johnny Blaze give his powers away or just create a new Ghost Rider?

Could be that he's just following orders from someone or something that answered Robbie's prayer.

Is it at least referenced?

Nope.
The movie does show a library full of books that are in chain, but none of them looks like Darkhold in AoS or even magical.
Just normal books with glowing insignia on the front

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I like this MCU origin story way more than Robbie's "my crazy murderous uncle possessed my car and turned me in to a discount goat ryder" comic book origin.

The idea that Johnny's Ghost Rider is the OG Mephisto's creation and can pass it on to others flows better in my mind.

yes, it is wonderful. a great update to Robbie's lame back story, and introduces another legacy character proper into the universe.

Yeah, I bought why she would go after him, but the twist was the weakest thing about an otherwise excellent episode. He went a bit too mustache twirling out of nowhere and she was basically "my work here is done, your uncle is the true motherfucker". The conversations between Lucy and Eli should have had a different kind of tension too considering what he did to her in the past.
Yeah. I mean Lucy had to know he would just try to turn himself into a god ant not help her.

Also, as someone who is not familiar with the comics, is Mephisto minor enough for the TV show?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
For a show that consistently gets shit on for not being connected enough to the MCU, AoS continues to delight in it's 4th season in, and the best bits have really always been the character beats and not filling in the blanks for the MCU.

Great episode.

UGH THIS EPISODE

Show has never been better. Fuck. This better not be the last season but with a month long break its like ABC just wants to get it over with.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
For a show that consistently gets shit on for not being connected enough to the MCU, AoS continues to delight in it's 4th season in, and the best bits have really always been the character beats and not filling in the blanks for the MCU.

Great episode.

it took them a while but the response to the Netflix shows helped AoS: MCU TV isn't best when it's filling in blanks for the movies with no-names, it's best when it's carving new space with beloved characters

UGH THIS EPISODE

Show has never been better. Fuck. This better not be the last season but with a month long break its like ABC just wants to get it over with.

It actually is good there's a month break this year. They'd have been off next week for the election, then back on one week, then off for Thanksgiving week. Now we get the run of shows up until the winter break all in one block instead of one here and one there like they did in S1.

Its exactly what the show should have been from the very beginning. Making smart and exciting choices for actual superheroes characters to headline a show that features a more regular cast of SHIELD agents. Pushing the MCU outward in ways the movies, with their more narrow scope, cannot.

I get that they kinda built up to that over multiple seasons with Quake. This is the way they need to be designing every season from here on out. They can do better than shitty versions of Deathlok and Lash.

Jonogunn

Do you guys really want the show to not be cancelled or is it just the fact that ghost rider is fucking awesome. Because if it's the latter then wouldn't canceling the show and having his own spin off be best?

I mean it does feel like ghost rider is like 70% of why this season is good anyway

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Do you guys really want the show to not be cancelled or is it just the fact that ghost rider is fucking awesome. Because if it's the latter then wouldn't canceling the show and having his own spin off be best?

I mean it does feel like ghost rider is like 70% of why this season is good anyway

No, I think the show is good even when it's not about Robbie.

LionPride

Banned
Its exactly what the show should have been from the very beginning. Making smart and exciting choices for actual superheroes characters to headline a show that features a more regular cast of SHIELD agents. Pushing the MCU outward in ways the movies, with their more narrow scope, cannot.

I get that they kinda built up to that over multiple seasons with Quake. This is the way they need to be designing every season from here on out. They can do better than shitty versions of Deathlok and Lash.

Do you wanna fight

Cuburt

I have a feeling that Blaze comes back this season.

They might not even have to cast someone for the role right now which gives them wiggle room in the future.

I hope if they do a spin-off that they stick with Robbie as the primary lead, since Luna has certainly earned that recognition, but it would be awesome for Blaze and Ketch to make appearances or even follow the different Riders in different story arcs.

I have to give the AoS show runners a lot of credit because they really have done a good job at pulling from the Marvel Universe to reinvent the show and constantly breathe new life into it. I forgive them for season 3 and the Secret Warriors feeling like such a disappointment.

Regardless of what happens with this show I really want Quake and Ghost Rider to stick around in the MCU someway, somehow.

Find a way Marvel

Top Bottom