• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Jesus Christ, what a great show this turned into over the season.

First, how is that Fitz is not only the moral compass of the show, but also the baddest mofo on a team of enhanced and powered people?

Simmons telling everyone to step off bitch.

(BTW, who do we think the new inhuman is gonna be?)

Then, we get AIDA, the freakin' magic Ultron. Whaaaaa?

Also, Gabriel Luna is the best hire like ever. The guy *IS* Ghost Rider.

One more episode?! *cries* That winter break is gonna hurt.

Slayven

Remember what happened last time a robot us magic to create life

Vizh_Billy.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

First, how is that Fitz is not only the moral compass of the show, but also the baddest mofo on a team of enhanced and powered people?

Simmons telling everyone to step off bitch.

(BTW, who do we think the new inhuman is gonna be?)

Then, we get AIDA, the freakin' magic Ultron. Whaaaaa?

One more episode?! *cries* That winter break is gonna hurt.

So true. He really needs a netflix series.

Mack would fit right in with the Midnight Sons with his shotgun, axe, and leather combo he had going in this episode.

And motorcycle.

Nyanmaruz

Man the quality of this season is off the chain...if only the ratings are still holding up.
I really hope this isn't the final season of Shield.
Also, can somone clarify what was going on with the Spirit of Vengeance??
Why did he want out and possessed Mack instead?

Man the quality of this season is off the chain...if only the ratings are still holding up.
I really hope this isn't the final season of Shield.
Also, can somone clarify what was going on with the Spirit of Vengeance??
Why did he want out and possessed Mack instead?

He didn't want to get dragged into the Dark Dimension. I think he mentioned that he'd escaped from there before? Anyway, Mack was nearby when GR fled Robbie.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Looks like co-showrunner Maurissa Tancharoen's brother Kevin will direct next week's episode. He did the season three finale and the episode about Daisy trying to prevent "fate" from coming true, among several others so far.

(Tonight's episode was directed by Jesse Bochco, whose prior directing credits on SHIELD include the one focused on Simmons on that alien Hydra planet last season.)

I feel like AIDA turning heel is a red herring. I believe that if she does go evil, then she is a vessel of the Darkhold, or whatever entity they decided to tie to it. And towards the end of the arc she probably is going to self destruct to stop the evil that is controlling her or something like that.

So true. He really needs a netflix series.

And motorcycle.

I feel like him giving himself to Ghost Rider to settle ALL the riders scores as well, is the perfect lead in to his own series spun away from SHIELD, away from LA, and onto some supernatural adventures across the country where he could meet...

Blade, Morbius, and a few other supernatural characters as guest stars too.

exactly. :p

God damnit AIDA won't even last a season, sigh. Now with the terrigen dude being thrown into the mix the show will eventually transform into a romantic mess, AIDA will use her new powers to fool and seduce Fitz after he fights with Gemma because she is trying to save the terrigen guy, and those two will eventually pair up.

Nuke it all to hell and give me a Ghost Rider solo for pete's sake.

EDIT: Forgot about the Inhumans series that's coming. Damnit.

Mariolee

Man this episode was so good. I did think it dumb that Simmons was able to get the Inhuman out by the power of compassion but whatever. Everything else made it worth it.

So what Aida did was some Doctor Strange shit right? The mirror dimension pulling in Coulson? The finger tutting by Aida? The fact that the lights looked straight outta Doctor Strange?

OK, now I'm going to catch up on this thread and realize that you all probably already talked about this.

Mariolee

Also, I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE a Ghost Rider show with Robbie Reyes and Mack as his partner in settling scores. Please Netflix. Please ABC.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Man this episode was so good. I did think it dumb that Simmons was able to get the Inhuman out by the power of compassion but whatever. Everything else made it worth it.

So what Aida did was some Doctor Strange shit right? The mirror dimension pulling in Coulson? The finger tutting by Aida? The fact that the lights looked straight outta Doctor Strange?

OK, now I'm going to catch up on this thread and realize that you all probably already talked about this.
https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/803853071835103232

Agents of SHIELD ‏@AgentsofSHIELD 50m50 minutes ago

She may look a little Strange to some, but Aida knows what she’s doing. #AgentsofSHIELD

Thoughts in real-time as I watch the episode.

- Stupid break makes me forget what happened to the others
- Eli does evil real well.
- I though Mace wanted Daisy in jail? Pumping the brakes on that one?
- Wonder who the Senator's brother will turn out to be.
- Oh shit! Mack looking swole in that gear. He about to turn himself into Vengeance?
- "Do we look that stupid on comms?" Probably.
- Robbie is probably having issues because of the GR
- OH SHIT! IT JUMPED TO MACK! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
- The Mack is everything I've ever wanted.

I did not fuck with this episode. Maybe just because retracing steps is not for me in shows, just gets a bit too much samesy for me. Highlights: Mackrider and Dark Aida

Khaz

Great episode, but two things that bugged me:

- They know Robbie is still out there, why aren't they guiding him to the portal and keep it activated for him to come back? They all acting like he's gone when they can't know about it.
- Why didn't Radcliffe reset Aida? That would be the first thing to do after she made the portal. No downside in wiping her last 24h memory and better be safe than sorry or something.

- Why didn't Radcliffe reset Aida? That would be the first thing to do after she made the portal. No downside in wiping her last 24h memory and better be safe than sorry or something.

To be fair, Aida seemed to be behaving normally and it would be a huge boon to humanity if the Darkhold's knowledge could be harnessed without driving anyone insane. They probably figured Aida couldn't be driven insane since she assimilated all that information with seemingly no ill effect.

He's probably also loath to do anything that actively harms her in general.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
We still won't see an Avenger deal with this or Dr. Strange or the Ancient One for that matter.

It would be trippy if TIlda reprised her role here but the timeline might be too screwy.

The going speculation is that Doctor Strange gets into the car accident around February 2016, during the midseason break of Agents of SHIELD season three, a couple months after Daredevil season two and Luke Cage end, and a couple months before Captain America: Civil War.

Strange then recuperates for the rest of the year and doesn't begin training at The Ancient One's temple until January 2017. His showdown with Kaecilius and Dormammu happen in October or November 2017, shortly before Thor Ragnarok happens.

So right now in the timeline, in November 2016, Strange still has gimpy hands and is getting super frustrated about it. The Ancient One is still chillin' in her temple in Nepal. There's not really an opportunity for SHIELD to cross over.

As for the Avengers, there aren't many of them available. Most of them are still in hiding in Wakanda. You've only got Tony Stark doing Tony Stark things, The Vision learning how to cook and Warmachine trying to walk again.

The Darkhold turned Aida into an android Ancient One. Science plus magic.

Welcome back.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
No, that can just mean that no decision has been made yet.

It would be extremely early to make a cancel or renew decision anyway.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yeah, but I don't think they were in the mirror dimension. You don't get sucked into darkness in the mirror dimension.

Has this show referenced any of the Netflix series this season?
Maybe? There might've been something in the first episode. Don't remember.

The timelines don't really jive, so it's hard to make any overt references outside of just referring to places or things.

Khaz

So what if you point a camera at the Darkhold, turn the pages, and then have someone else look at the tape? What would they see?

So what if you point a camera at the Darkhold, turn the pages, and then have someone else look at the tape? What would they see?

I imagine they'd see blank pages since they're not actually laying eyes on the book itself.

Now I'm wondering if they actually encoded anything into that string of binary we saw in the book.

Top Bottom