• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

The Kree

Banned
Me too. If the first season was like this, this show would have been a lot more popular, I think.

You mean they should have made it about superheroes? Yeah, I know.

I dunno how ABC didn't think to do that from jump. It's like they thought Generic Balding G-Man Phil Coulson was an interesting enough guy to center a show around.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I need to stop being a week behind. This season's really firing on all cylinders. Just like Mack! Huh? Huh?! Yeah, okay. Here's my impressions of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., season 4 episode 8: "Deals With Our Devils". These are stray thoughts and stuff in no order in particular.

• So, where did Coulson, Reyes, and Fitz get pulled to? The darkness seems kinda weird, but it's a nondescript dark world? Darkforce? Hell? The Spirit escaped there once before, apparently, but that's kinda generic. C'mon, AoS! Pull something obscure and name it!
  • Speaking of the Spirit, it's nice to see it be a character finally. It wants bloody vengeance, but what "scores" does it have to settle? I'm guessing we'll find out in The Ghost Rider, premiering next winter only on ABC! (My honest to gosh prediction of tomorrow's reveal)
  • Also speaking of the Spirit, man, how many times has Mack been mind controlled and gotten super powers through that? Is that his thing now? Is he Jimmy Olsen?
  • Oh, man I just had this weird image of Mack as "eager puppy" Jimmy Olsen to Daisy's "mild-mannered but secretly the greateast" Superman. (Jemma was Lois there for a second)
  • So, A.I.D.A. was doing magic right? Only she couldn't do magic by herself so she needed those gloves to interface with the technomagic of the machine.
  • Liked the effects for this episode. Also found it neat how it's just a bit vague whether they were affecting the real world with their pleading and talking to them.
  • Except for Robbie, of course, he was obviously heard by Daisy through the radio and he managed to affect his car. Could that have been residual powers from the Spirit? Or maybe some sort of attunement to the car?
  • Speaking of which, I flinched when Daisy scratched the car against the alley.
  • So, the reason why the Not!Senator Kelly's brother was not 'hatching' was nervousness? Maybe he was scared of his sister...
  • A.I.D.A.'s building herself a better brain, isn't she?
  • Fight scenes are still neat for network TV.
  • What's haunting Mack? What pain did the Spirit refer to? The fact that Bobbi and Hunter left for Most Wanted and still didn't get the show greenlit?

All in all a solid breather episode before the mid-season finale. Bring it home, S.H.I.E.L.D.!

The Kree

Banned
[*]So, the reason why the Not!Senator Kelly's brother was not 'hatching' was nervousness? Maybe he was scared of his sister...

If he had already gone through terrigenesis at some earlier point, this could be a secondary transformation, and those can take longer.

The Kree

Banned
I wanna remind everyone that last week this show had a robot using magic to open a portal to another dimension. I really don't know how anyone could not love comic books.

B.K.

So it looks like FOX Atlanta is skipping agents of shield again to show some bullshit local news thing. UGH

Fox Atlanta is probably skipping it because it comes on ABC, not Fox. Who knows. They might show it. I was sure my ABC station from Knoxville would skip it last week when they were covering Gatlinburg burning, but they didn't.

Fox Atlanta is probably skipping it because it comes on ABC, not Fox. Who knows. They might show it. I was sure my ABC station from Knoxville would skip it last week when they were covering Gatlinburg burning, but they didn't.

I meant ABC lol, sorry, happened to be flopping past fox while writing that.

Natalia Cordova-Buckley (Yo-Yo) teasing people on Twitter to watch to the very end tomorrow for a special surprise teaser.

I can only imagine it's a teaser for the back half of the season. I imagine they have something cool planned to tease. I wonder if there will be some sort of crossover to look forward to. I know there was a lot of speculation about Punisher showing up before the season started. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
yo it's time to get hype

Elizabeth Henstridge was livestreaming on Facebook during her lunch break today and said this is the biggest midseason finale of the show''s history

Parch

"You like playing with fire? Let's play."

This show has been pretty damn good this season. Best use of Ghost Rider I've ever seen.

Top Bottom