• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The episode made me wonder if we couldn't end up seeing sorcery more in the Marvel TV shows, as it has been established in Doctor Strange. The special effect of glowing lines in the air along with some practical sparkler fizz effects doesn't seem hugely expensive.

Apoc29

So Robbie made a deal with the devil...again. But like, would he even have a choice if he didn't want to be Vengeance anymore? The Spirit seems to do whatever the hell it wants. I guess if it feeds off of pain then Robbie could just be happy and starve him out or something; I don't really know how that works.

Platy

So they were IN the mirror dimension, were pulled TO the mirror dimension or was just a mirror dimension LIKE dimension ?

The Kree

Banned
So they were IN the mirror dimension, were pulled TO the mirror dimension or was just a mirror dimension LIKE dimension ?

That didn't look like the mirror dimension to me. The scenery wasn't bent and fractured. It looked worse.

Probably limbo or something.

Another solid episode. They didn't drag out anything yet again: Simmons' secret trip was resolved, everyone died and came back, and everything has been setup for the midseason finale.

I did like the emotional scenes in this episode. Mace and the dead agents, Mack and his pain, Fitz thinking that Coulson and Daisy just quit, May and the bottle of Haig, Robbie's brother.

I wonder if we'll get a May-Coulson romance. But after seeing the constant Will-or-won't-they with Fitz-Simmons, I hope not.

HeySeuss

Really cool episode that set up the rest of the season really well. I forgot it was back last night so I had to Hulu it.

So was Aida rewiring her own brain at the end? That's what it seemed like to me. She going to be a rebirth of Ultron in some way? Not Ultron specifically, but in a manner of speaking? Because she's going to easily be farther advance than just a simple reboot is going to fix.

Pretty cool special effects too in this episode.

Just got caught up, and thought the episode was great again. Best season the show has ever had. And the worst part is just when it feels like they are finally pulling this all together it's going to be cancelled :-(

I mean no one can be that stupid right?!
Like, your going to let an ANDROID read the entire darkhold?!? Smh....

Well if my alternative is to get draggued down to the bottom of the dark dimension , i think i'll let the android read and worry about the consequences later

Mulgrok

Another solid episode. They didn't drag out anything yet again: Simmons' secret trip was resolved, everyone died and came back, and everything has been setup for the midseason finale.

I did like the emotional scenes in this episode. Mace and the dead agents, Mack and his pain, Fitz thinking that Coulson and Daisy just quit, May and the bottle of Haig, Robbie's brother.

I wonder if we'll get a May-Coulson romance. But after seeing the constant Will-or-won't-they with Fitz-Simmons, I hope not.

I would like for old colleagues to bond emotionally for once without having to be romantic.

Show is watchable now, and pretty consistent at not being crap. This is the first season where I don't feel repulsed by some of the episodes.

jph139

I feel like they're keeping Ghost Rider, if nothing else, because they're building up Eli. Seems weird to have this bad guy with crazy powers develop, since he's been in "evil mode" for all of two scenes. I doubt they'd drop Robbie but keep his uncle as the bad guy.

The Kree

Banned
Yep and they mentioned it being "The Rider's Last Stand" could just be marketing speak but I'm wondering if he's not going to be part of the 2nd half of this season

We know they're going to the Savage Land, so it makes sense for Ghost Rider to make an exit soonish.

How do you top Ghost Rider? Dinosaurs, bitches.

KarmaCow

In the last episode, Robbie made a new deal with it so he could get his vengeance against his uncle. That's a weird thing to set up if they plan on solving it in an episode, though they are setting up Aida as the real threat.

The Kree

Banned
In the last episode, Robbie made a new deal with it so he could get his vengeance against his uncle. That's a weird thing to set up if they plan on solving it in an episode, though they are setting up Aida as the real threat.

They've been really good about not dragging things out though. Season two and three had like 4 seasons worth of story shit crammed in.

that deal feels like a setup for Ghost Rider spin off series. finish Robbie vengeance on Eli, then start a new tv series with Ghost Rider settling his part of the deal.

this season is just on fire

rider.gif

tumblr_odu0gidpIB1so8xfgo1_500.gif

You guys are jumping to conclusions with Aida. She's probably just building herself a better brain so she can better humanity.

I wonder if those gloves will give her Dr. Strange esque powers.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I fucking LOVE Ghost Rider, holy shit, of Robbie doesn't get his own series I'll be upset.

AIDA is now probably the most powerful person on the show.

And one of the most powerful in-universe too I reckon, of course nothing she does will have any consequence ;P.

Man if Thanos knew of AIDA he'd just have her recreate the infinity stones!

Kaizer

Banned
I haven't posted a lot in the SHIELD thread this season, but just had to chime in & echo everybody else's comments that this season has been AMAZING. Every episode has been fantastic, the jump in quality is pretty crazy and also has a lot to do with Ghost Rider - who must get his own Netflix series. It doesn't have to be 13 episodes, make it a good 6 or 7 episodes, keep the FX budget up & tell a nice compact story.

If this is the last season of SHIELD, they're going out on a high note, that's for sure.

sturmdogg

I haven't posted a lot in the SHIELD thread this season, but just had to chime in & echo everybody else's comments that this season has been AMAZING. Every episode has been fantastic, the jump in quality is pretty crazy and also has a lot to do with Ghost Rider - who must get his own Netflix series. It doesn't have to be 13 episodes, make it a good 6 or 7 episodes, keep the FX budget up & tell a nice compact story.

If this is the last season of SHIELD, they're going out on a high note, that's for sure.

Whoa, what? Where is this coming from?

Seigyoku

Whoa, what? Where is this coming from?

Once the show got a third season, it was almost guaranteed a fourth to hit syndication numbers. However, it's not a top rated show, and while no GoT-like expense, it won't be the cheapest, which means it likely is on the bubble unless it started to blow everything out of the water ratingswise.

So no, it's not cancelled, yet, but the money is on no renewal. But hey! Stranger things have happened!

Once the show got a third season, it was almost guaranteed a fourth to hit syndication numbers. However, it's not a top rated show, and while no GoT-like expense, it won't be the cheapest, which means it likely is on the bubble unless it started to blow everything out of the water ratingswise.

So no, it's not cancelled, yet, but the money is on no renewal. But hey! Stranger things have happened!

While I'd put my money on no renewal too, there have been rumors that they want to block Tuesday nights, with Inhumans and SHIELD on the same night. One would boost the other.

kirblar

While I'd put my money on no renewal too, there have been rumors that they want to block Tuesday nights, with Inhumans and SHIELD on the same night. One would boost the other.
Inhumans is an 8 ep limited run for next season. They're probably doing the Agent Carter thing, only with Shield entirely in 2018's winter/spring.

Top Bottom