• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Zero-ELEC

Banned
That was amazing. I love the pacing S.H.I.E.L.D.. I just love it. What follow are my thoughts and impressions about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 4, episode 9: "Broken Promises", in no particular order.

• "I always worried that robots would try to kill me one day..."
  • Mack this episode was the best. From the cheesy line delivery and one liners delivered while looking at the camera to the actual moments of kick arse. Cutting A.I.D.A.'s head? Amazing.
  • Speaking of, insurance companies in the Marvel universe must looove it every time a new world ending threat appears.
  • "She did not just go Maximum Overdrive on us."
  • Jemma in the field is always fun to see.
  • I love the twist at the end. You thought LMD was gonna be about killer robot rebellion? Haha, it's fucking Radcliff being a massive heel. Ultron who?
  • Senator Space-Racism and her brother, interactions felt tense, even before the whole "kill you because spaceisim."
  • "I think Simmons has been kidnapped like... three times since I've known her." "Really?" "Yeah, well, only twice on this planet."
  • Also, what an idiot you have to be to believe the people who were just trying to kill you are gonna suddenly not want to, especially after you exhibited powers, when the only reason they didn't kill you was that you hadn't.
  • ~~SECOND MUTATION~~
  • May.I. is totally gonna bone Coulson and there's gonna be this whole Secret Invasion, "that wasn't me!", conflict, isn't there?
  • I really liked the music this episode. Especially that tense track when A.I.D.A. found the Darkhold.
  • Who is the Superior? Is that Blake?
  • "You know how boys can be with their robots..." "Actually, I really don't."

Mariolee

I thought it was weird that Mack was talking about the robot apocalypse finally coming upon them, when Ultron only happened like 1.5 years earlier and was a billion times worse than this.

Grazzt

OMG, this show, this season!!! Keeps getting better!
Really didn't see
Radcliffe
as the big bad. I actually liked him, a lot.
And the brother is just so dumb. What the fuck are his abilities?

source.gif

Moondrop

Banned
I'm way too excited to see Coulson have sex with Maybot Mayda May.I.

And then when May comes back and finds out a robot was warmer than her... oof.

And on top of that, the Ward parallels with romancing a not-May!

I knew Aida having gone rogue was a red herring. Now, I didn't expect Radcliffe to be the baddie, and my own theory was completely busted, but still. Score! :p

Slayven

When the brother said "I was in there fighting ", my nerd sense tingled. His body evolved enhance combat abilities.

A lesser show would have dropped hints it was Radcliffe all along

Neverwas

To me, Ada taking over SHIELD headquarters for 5 minutes felt like more of a threat than Ultron air dropping an entire country on the world. Maybe it's her lack of comedic styling...

Sadist

Awesome episode. Excellent pacing. Funny jokes. The robot stuff was great.

"I didn't have sex with Aida!"

... ... ... ... "good to know"

Lol. Love how casual Daisy talked about Simmons getting kidnapped. "Oh yeah, twice on this planet"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Terminator stuff got tiring after the first time. For a guy who is supposedly a mechanical genius or whatever, that guy really seemed to hate the idea of sentient robots.

I like that Daisy didn't need to be at the center of the conflict for her to feel like a part of the team and more importantly a great part of the show.

I wonder though if the Watch Dogs storyline is going to be primarily developed with her in mind.

Awesome episode. Excellent pacing. Funny jokes. The robot stuff was great.

"I didn't have sex with Aida!"

... ... ... ... "good to know"
"

So it is safe to say that Radcliff actually did have sex with Aida, right? Does he have an Ex Machina style Aida chilling in his bedroom?

Nice comeback, didn't miss a beat, didn't buy Aida being offed so unceremoniously for a second but OF course Rat had to be behind it all. Should've known better than to trust Lentulus Batiatus.

Making room for Riverdale. I just wonder what becomes of CXE now that the new CW shows flopped.

It'll probably stay on Fridays but who knows if it'll be a Fall show or mid-season next year. It'd be cool if more people watched it though.

If only his powers gave him some intelligence.

Maybe every new power he gains the dumber and naive he becomes.

Parch

That was great.
When it was off with her head I was thinking... hmm. That ain't right. I expected the Aida storyline to last more than one episode.
... wait for it.

Seigyoku

A fucking Small Wonder reference in 2017!

Small Wonder was one of the few shows we were allowed to watch as kids (no, I have no idea why it made the cut) so that reference basically got us howling.

I continue to be confused how the PRs for each episode list John Hannah in the guest cast, but he's listed with the main cast at the top of the episodes. Yes, these things bug me.

KarmaCow

That was great.
When it was off with her head I was thinking... hmm. That ain't right. I expected the Aida storyline to last more than one episode.
... wait for it.

I was expecting that she took over Robo-May and was just hiding out until she could remake her body.

It was pretty weird how Robo-May was so obsessed with where the book was though. I thought she was just not so slyly trying to figure out where it was for Aida but she was about to actually fight Aida after Coulson went down.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Just caught the last episode. Pleasantly surprised. After Ghost Rider, labeling the back half of the season LMD is a buzz kill.

jph139

I dunno, the AIDA base attack felt pretty toothless overall. The most threatening thing she did was knock out a middle-aged man, while most of the crew joked about how often the base gets hacked and they get thrown into storage closets. Then Mack takes her out with one swing and gives a one-liner.

Now when Hive attacked the base last season with his freaky melty dudes... THAT was threatening!

Neverwas

fuck is this nonsense

Outside of his creepy introduction, AoU turned Ultron into an Evil Tony Stark joke machine, and every menacing moment was met with some one liner or another. How are you supposed to fear someone whose obvious purpose is to make the audience laugh?

Now when Hive attacked the base last season with his freaky melty dudes... THAT was threatening!

I wanted to feel threatened, but that makeup just made me giggle.

The Kree

Banned
Outside of his creepy introduction, AoU turned Ultron into an Evil Tony Stark joke machine, and every menacing moment was met with some one liner or another. How are you supposed to fear someone whose obvious purpose is to make the audience laugh?

Same way you find a 90 pound middle aged white woman who doesn't emote intimidating.

Platy

Loved the movie references, specialy the terminator one

Also dude gets spider sense and then a second mutation ?
I bet it is walking on walls xD

The Kree

Banned
Loved the movie references, specialy the terminator one

Also dude gets spider sense and then a second mutation ?
I bet it is walking on walls xD

He probably gets a new power every time he dies dependent on whatever the current situation demands. He's gonna pop out the water with gills or some shit. Then they set him on fire and he comes back to life made out of asbestos.

I wanted to feel threatened, but that makeup just made me giggle.

I hated AoU just because of this... Ultron should've been sinister and corrupted by Zola. And that off screen death sucked.

Top Bottom