• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

What's up with the irregular airings? What happened to every Tuesday? Now all of a sudden it's like once a month? I never know when new episodes are coming anymore. Are we going to get back to normal schedule at some point?

I hope they don't do this shit again in future seasons, it's really annoying.

What are you talking about? It came back from Winter break last Tuesday and is at least running every week through 2/14.

Khaz

No one else notice a little glance from Coulson when Radcliffe tells Not May not to be too hard on herself then Not May uncharacteristically has nothing to say about it?

I didn't see that but I did notice a twitch in his eye when he grabbed the book away. He knows something is off with how Aida so easily found it.

What are you talking about? It came back from Winter break last Tuesday and is at least running every week through 2/14.

Episode 1 - September 20
Episode 2 - September 27 (1 week)
Episode 3 - October 11 (2 weeks)
Episode 4 - October 18 (1 week)
Episode 5 - October 25 (1 week)
Episode 6 - November 1 (1 week)
Episode 7 - November 29 (5 weeks)
Episode 8 - December 6 (1 week)
Episode 9 - January 10 (5 weeks)

Like what is going on with all these weird ass gaps? I've never watched any other show that's had such odd episode spacing.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Episode 1 - September 20

Like what is going on with all these weird ass gaps? I've never watched any other show that's had such odd episode spacing.

they skipped October 4 because there was a vice presidential debate. November 8 was Election Day. November 22 was the week of Thanksgiving.After December 6 they took the normal midseason break.

This is pretty normal for series that go from the fall to the spring, or at least it used to be.

lol sorry my sarcasm didn't come through. the longest breaks are in november and december which only makes sense, and we should have a pretty consistent schedule for the foreseeable future.

as long as they're not dragging their feet for a shit reason like Season 1, the breaks don't kill it for me.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
They did come back earlier than usual because there was no Agent Carter or equivalent to run during the midseason break

Episode 1 - September 20

I take you never watched Person of Interest? These gaps are tiny compared to what CBS did with that show during its initial run. I think 4 episodes aired over a 3 month period at one point. Almost all US channels will do the same, although I have rarely seen worse treatment that early seasons of POI.

Mace's shocking secret...

He's a Kree, He's a robot, he's a Watchdog, or he thought Suicide Squad was a good movie. Place your bets

It has something to do with a briefcase that never leaves his side. I'm guessing he isn't a real inhuman- he uses whatever the MCU equivalent of Mutant Growth Hormone is, and the briefcase holds his supply.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

*4 weeks

29 - 1 = 28 / 7 = 4

They could have aired one more episode in November but they just punted so it wouldn't be even more disjointed (and easy for viewers to miss an episode). Election Day was Nov. 8 so news coverage pre-empted the show's slot. And few shows air anything new in the week leading up to Thanksgiving (Nov. 22 would have been that Tuesday in this case). That leaves Nov. 15 dangling in between where it might have been forgotten by many people.

As others stated, a presidential debate got in the way of an episode in October, and it's normal for a show to go on a hiatus leading up to Christmas and New Year's because people are busy shopping and going to parties and whatnot instead of watching TV.

SHIELD typically has had much longer midseason breaks; we're lucky it was only five weeks this time. No Agent Carter, though =\

Inhuman Growth Hormone? Netflix tie-in?

He isn't a war vet, and he doesn't quite have the same behavior as Simpson. Simpson's pills seemed to have more in common with Stark's serum that Bucky stole in 1991. Mace's solution puts him closer to Cap than Banner, Stark, or anyone else ever got, which is interesting. He doesn't seem like the type with the strong personal values that kept Cap from turning out like Red Skull.

Its definitely a possible IGH tie in, although I wonder if Marvel TV would let Shield pick up a Jessica Jones plot thread like that. Would they be able to reveal what IGH even stands for before Jess herself finds out?/

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I take you never watched Person of Interest? These gaps are tiny compared to what CBS did with that show during its initial run. I think 4 episodes aired over a 3 month period at one point. Almost all US channels will do the same, although I have rarely seen worse treatment that early seasons of POI.

For funsies, let's take a look at the airdates and downtimes for Battlestar Galactica. Nothing tops how badly SciFi treated that show.

Code:
Miniseries: Dec. 8 - 9, 2003
	[downtime: 13 months, 5 days]
Season 1: Jan. 14 - April 1, 2005
	[downtime: 3 months, 14 days]
Season 2, part one: July 15 - Sept. 23, 2005
	[downtime: 3 months, 14 days]
Season 2, part two: Jan. 6 - March 3, 2006
	[downtime: 1 month, 7 days]
Season 2, part three: April 10, 2006
	[downtime: 4 months, 25 days]
Resistance webisodes: Sept. 5 - Oct. 5, 2006
	[downtime: 1 day]
Season 3, part one: Oct. 6 - Nov. 17, 2006
	[downtime: 14 days]
Season 3, part two: Dec. 1 - Dec. 15, 2006
	[downtime: 1 month, 6 days]
Season 3, part three: Jan. 21 - Jan. 28, 2007
	[downtime: 14 days]
Season 3, part four: Feb. 11 - March 25, 2007
	[downtime: 7 months, 30 days]
Razor movie: Nov. 24, 2007
	[downtime: 4 months, 10 days]
Season 4, part one: April 4, 2008 - June 13, 2008
	[downtime: 5 months, 29 days]
Face of the Enemy Webisodes: Dec. 12, 2008 - Jan. 12, 2009
	[downtime: 4 days]
Season 4, part two: Jan. 16, 2009 - March 20, 2009
	[downtime: 1 month, 1 day / 9 months, 11 days until next airing]
The Plan movie: Jan. 10, 2010

SciFi stretched out about 84 episodes' worth of content over 73 months. Season two had a 3½-month midseason break. There was a 12-month break between seasons three and four interrupted by a special TV movie aired eight months into that break. Season four was broken in half (despite being all filmed at once) with a six-month break in between. Two webisode series, each containing about a full episode's worth of content, were streamed in 10 parts over the course of a month each.

That's how you abuse a show.

SHIELD is fine.

I just thought about something. Radcliffe made AIDA which is a robot... He needs the Darkseid because he didn't read it because Leo was there with May. We know humans can't read it but what if he is no longer human but now an android. Dude has already replaced his eyes.. What it if he replaced everything else already?
This is the weirdest crossover.

Seigyoku

I had a weird dream earlier today where in a future episode they suddenly crossed over with the Netflix shows, but not with the leads but all sorts of obscure background characters turned up on AoS. So of course people were annoyed. But then a minor AoS character made a reference to being related to an X-man and people were like WHAT? And then out of nowhere half the cast of Apocalypse showed up. But apparently the deal only allowed X-characters to show up on TV shows. Never movies.

And then the rest of my dream involved me being pissed at my sister.

I had a weird dream earlier today where in a future episode they suddenly crossed over with the Netflix shows, but not with the leads but all sorts of obscure background characters turned up on AoS. So of course people were annoyed. But then a minor AoS character made a reference to being related to an X-man and people were like WHAT? And then out of nowhere half the cast of Apocalypse showed up. But apparently the deal only allowed X-characters to show up on TV shows. Never movies.

#itsallconnectedinyourdreams

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Haha, that's great.

Top Bottom