• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

LionPride

Banned
They are really working well with their budget. This is part of when I think they don't get cancelled: they are consistent with quality episodes and they seem to be working well with the money they've been given. Good ratings and don't cost too much is a good enough combo to stay on the air. Plus that Marvel branding don't hurt a thang.

So again (because I'm going to make this a thing)
Who was your MVP for the show tonight?

YoYo and Fitz, because Fitz isn't a dumbass

SRG01

And all along we thought Fitz was getting obsessed, while in fact he was just smarter than everyone else.

To the point where he shot (LMD) Radcliffe in the face. WOW.

It's also interesting that May is apparently developing even better combat skills during her stasis when she was already the best combatant on the show. When she finally pops out of the hyperbolic time chamber she is going to wreck some shit.

Dai101

Banned
Fitz is either already an LMD, or will be ond in the next three episodes

gjsL8c6.jpg

Mariolee

This episode was so good.

Something a little fucked up other than putting May in a Bahrain where she actually got through things OK: is the Radcliffe LMD uploaded with all of Radcliffe's memories (essentially he is another living being) or is he simply being remote controlled by Radcliffe?

I thought that was something they would face head on with May LMD today. Basically, at their core May LMD and May both essentially feel like the real May. So if you kill May LMD it really is like you're killing May.

I don't know if that makes sense.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Man, used to not be able to tell them two apart! Now they are very seperate characters. Fitz is the intelligent young chap who likes inhumans and AI, and we all expect to die any second now.

Simmons is the badass intelligent young woman who hated Inhumans and hates AI, and we all expect her to die any second left.

Season One Fitz is Q
leo-fitz.png

Season Four Fitz is James Bond
512x288-Q90_c9f98718b7fc143fdeeb952565465023.jpg

squall23

Of course
Mack was the friggin' red herring
!

When was the last time in any story where the traitor really was the original person of suspicion? Seriously, I can't recall any right now.

Khaz

btw, can we now say that Coulson is a public person again? His picture in cuffs will be in every news show the day after, along with a story on how "Shield is threatening our democracy" by breaking into the office of a senator.

Luigi87

btw, can we now say that Coulson is a public person again? His picture in cuffs will be in every news show the day after, along with a story on how "Shield is threatening our democracy" by breaking into the office of a senator.

We all know that any potential Avenger watching the news would be in a well timed situation like as soon as it's about to show Coulson, someone comes by saying they need to talk and said character turns off the TV.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Were there photographers at the hearing? If there was a report about impropriety on SHIELD's part, I doubt they'd name the agents in question. Coulson is still an active agent.

Were there photographers at the hearing? If there was a report about impropriety on SHIELD's part, I doubt they'd name the agents in question. Coulson is still an active agent.

There were photographers there. They at least took photos of Daisy giving her deposition. I see no reason why they wouldnt take pictures of Coulson as he's dragged in

Khaz

There were photographers there. They at least took photos of Daisy giving her deposition. I see no reason why they wouldnt take pictures of Coulson as he's dragged in

They did, plenty of flashes for the (superbly well-timed) reveal. Nadeer called yoyo by her name, but didn't name Coulson.

Elandyll

Banned
Really enjoying the LMD storyline, moreso than I thought possible.

I just really hope they won't go the shlocky way between MayBot and Coulson and have her "overcome" her core directives just because she grew "feelings" to pull a last minute save.

Given the recent writing, I don't think they would, but that would be bad.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Goddamn, this show has completely found itself. I have no guess what happens next, who "the Superior" is, or what (preview)
Koenig's "big secret"
is. This is great.

I'd say Fitz, but from an acting standpoint, Mack made the most out of limited screentime tonight- that monologue could have been hokey as hell from a unskilled performer but instead it rang perfectly emotionally true for me.

Then there's May (and Maybot). She also packed an emotional punch when she wanted to relay the truth but couldn't. She was the one moving the story along the most too, and her fight scenes were just as good as ever.

My final answer: May.

My guess is The Superior is either someone we haven't seen before or it's a combination of Hive + Sparky.

So tired of LMD storyline.

It's slow build up rather than constant action - opposite to the Ghost Rider arc. If they do it right I think the payoff will be better than the Ghost Rider arc, even if the road to get there is slower and a bit bumpier.

The payoff to the reveal of "Final Five" in Battlestar Galactica was an amazing moment, and that was built from using similar slow paced storytelling and holding back information. I am not saying SHEILD will reach those levels (although they could - that episode is now a decade old), but slow pacing can work very well when done right with this kind of narrative.

Maybe get Bear McCreary to break out "All Along The Watchtower" again for the late season LMD reveal when they're at it :p

MVP? Daisy's plunging neckline.

Also, after they've been infiltrated by a robot, you'd think SHIELD would implement some tighter security measures. Like, a metal detector, for starters.

Ithil

"Gee golly jeepers, Fitz, you're behaving positively mechanical today!
"Thank you, Daisy, you look a little pale to me, like you'd seen a doppelganger of yourself"
"I, Phil Coulson, just watched Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I do hope nothing of the sort happens to us"

May grimaces.
"I must go to my previously unmentioned backstory, I need to think of an excuse to say to Yo-Yo. I've got it! I'm off to my dance class, we're doing the Robot today"

Dialogue a little on the nose this week, but a good episode nonetheless. Go Fitz.

Parch

We're at the point now where anybody could be an evil twin and any situation could be a dream sequence. That's pretty lazy writing with endless cheap twist possibles. I'm not real thrilled about this storyline.

That was basically my argument against LMDs, way back when we had the easter egg joke during the first Avengers movie. I hope by the end of this arc they figure out a way to greatly limit this tech somehow, as it'll quickly become impossible to write cohesive stories around the possibility of anyone being an LMD if they don't.

Cafeman

May was the leak. They could see the meeting through her eyeball.

That's what I think. The show assumes the viewer has some intelligence and will figure that out, since Radcliffe and Senator were looking through LMD Radcliff's eyes as he deactivated.

I have no idea who The Superior is. But Maybe ...

dana-carvey-snl-300x290+(2).png

Just caught up from last night. I feel like I'm saying this every week but Jesus what an excellent episode.

The show has totally come into its own at this point. The jump in quality this season is INCREDIBLE

TheDanimal

A Ward return would be incredible but I don't see any way they could pull it off and for it to make sense
Radcliffe foresaw this moment coming when he had to betray SHIELD.
So he uploaded Hive's (including Ward's) memories onto some storage device.
Bam, Ward LMD is created to intimidate and scare SHIELD.
...But then the LMD realizes what he has become and wipes his memory, retaining Ward's likeness and skills to become Taskmaster.

jph139

I want at least a Ward cameo at some point. Like, they find a basement full of inactive LMDs, one is in Ward's likeness, and Coulson immediately orders it destroyed or something.

Just as everybody already called...

Yeah, at least they got right to it this week and it also didn't take up a ton of screen time. Don't think anyone fell for it since last week set up too obviously.

Talbot is hilarious. When he's around during an episode I'm guaranteed to laugh out loud at least once.

Yup! LOL.
He also had a good serious moment this week too.

So many characters have.

It'd be crazy jumping back in if you only watched a little of season 1 to now.

Yeah, it's great. It'll be crazy going back.

Radcliff is going to be a reverse triple agent. It is a setup to get the Watchdogs

That would be pretty glorious after we all had to rip him lol, if this is to get to the Watchdogs. Such a fun but devious bastard as was said earlier lol.

Hmm, cant tell if Radcliffe is a bad guy or trying to infiltrate the bad guys...

Top Bottom