• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

iosefe

it should have been obivous since the dark hold episode where we see him napping on the couch when he said he's wipe Aida, but there she is tinkering with a brain

caliph95

Wait, don't we already know that the superior is
Felix Blake
? (spoiler in case we don't)

Considering they are being Vague about it i doubt it knowing television and fiction in general the superior is either someone we didn't know or "unexpected"

http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/27/spoiler-room-supernatural-scandal-hawaii-five-0/

Are Bobbi and Hunter going to return to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. anytime soon? — Josephine
Sorry to disappoint, but probably not. “One can only dream,” EP Maurissa Tancharoen says. “That’s always on our minds.” Essentially, they’re gone, but certainly not forgotten. “Once an agent, always an agent, so it’s always out there in the ether,” EP Jed Whedon adds. “But right now we’re taking a breather.”

Man, they got screwed.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Catching up on the recent episodes, I just jumped in to say that Heroes guy is possibly the best General Talbot we ever got or will ever get. He's so good in that role.

Just caught up with the last 3 eps. I was afraid of the show losing steam coming off of the Ghost Rider arc, which is the best the show's ever been, but they're really holding it together quite well. The politics between Coulson, Talbot, and Mace are genuinely intriguing, and the whole LMD thing is dangerously teetering on the edge between fun and dumb, but it's working because Fitz and Radcliffe are good at what they do.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Finally watching the latest episode, really liking the intrigue. Another great episode, the move to 10pm has done wonders for the show.

Geist-

I'm beginning to believe that centering a show around the leadership of S.H.I.E.L.D. was a mistake. There is way too much dumb politics in this show.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm beginning to believe that centering a show around the leadership of S.H.I.E.L.D. was a mistake. There is way too much dumb politics in this show.

Willing to bet the real problem is that as expensive as the show already is, it doesn't have the budget to spend a lot of time in the field. They could only do Ghost Rider for a few eps.

If a lot of episodes have to be bottle shows back at base, there's not much going on besides inter-agency politics or May flipping out and killing people with power tools.

Geist-

Willing to bet the real problem is that as expensive as the show already is, it doesn't have the budget to spend a lot of time in the field. They could only do Ghost Rider for a few eps.

If a lot of episodes have to be bottle shows back at base, there's not much going on besides inter-agency politics or May flipping out and killing people with power tools.

It would be nice if they could focus more on the whole "spy" aspect. I would love it if there was more undercover stuff, or investigating weird occurrences around the world. Budget-wise it has to be pretty cheap, but I guess that would require better writers.

It would be nice if they could focus more on the whole "spy" aspect. I would love it if there was more undercover stuff, or investigating weird occurrences around the world. Budget-wise it has to be pretty cheap, but I guess that would require better writers.

So you're basically asking for another season 1?

Geist-

So you're basically asking for another season 1?

I was thinking more like when Simmons was undercover with Hydra in S2, and the investigate part, I was thinking something more serialized rather than investigation of the week, something dangerous and important, but not world-ending important. Just, no more pretending Coulson or any of the team actually have an effect on the world in the MCU.

My parents actually brought up all the talking they do in this show, and I suppose they're right. There's not nearly as much conversation in the movies because they can have some expensive CGI action scene instead.

I was thinking more like when Simmons was undercover with Hydra in S2, and the investigate part, I was thinking something more serialized rather than investigation of the week, something dangerous and important, but not world-ending important. Just, no more pretending Coulson or any of the team actually have an effect on the world in the MCU.

Yeah, there's definitely a notable absence of actual spying in the show since the whole Inhuman thing blew up a couple of seasons ago.

But maybe that's the intent, to have the agents act more "superhero-like", rather than spies, since after all this is a Marvel show.

My parents actually brought up all the talking they do in this show, and I suppose they're right. There's not nearly as much conversation in the movies because they can have some expensive CGI action scene instead.
Also TV shows are produced in a few months, from start to finish, and filmed in one week or less per episode, unlike blockbuster movies, which takes years of planning, writing and actual production.

shingi70

Banned
Yeah, there's definitely a notable absence of actual spying in the show since the whole Inhuman thing blew up a couple of seasons ago.

But maybe that's the intent, to have the agents act more "superhero-like", rather than spies, since after all this is a Marvel show.

Pretty sure that's exactly the intent. One of the chief complaints of the show has been the fact that it's not about a singular hero or heroes in the same way flash or daredevil is.

Even in adding in more super hero stuff hasn't really worked all that well, and I felt last season the concept of the Secert warriors was absolutely wasted tbh.

shingi70

Banned
I got caught up with the last few episodes. I really enjoyed the Senate hearing for Daisy signing the accords.

Shield isn't my favorite comic show in network television but it's the best by far.

I gotta agree with a lot of people here, thus season has been great. Last season I had this reluctant to watch feel to it, but this season, I just can't wait..

I still have the feeling that the Superior is....

SPOILERS FOR POTENTIAL OUTCOME

Mace. I could totally see the story of wanting to fight for Inhumans be just a cover story meant to clear him of any suspicion. Knowing if he "came clean" to Coulson, Coulson couldn't resist keeping him on.

Plus, I find it interesting how keeping the identity of the Superior secret and only mentioning him by his title parallels the first few episodes of the season where they did the same thing except calling Mace "The Director". Even crazier would be if the "Hyde" formula have him split personality and the Director and the Superior ate acting separately not knowing the other existed. That would be nuts!

But hey! Koenig's back, yay! It's funny he's coming back in the middle of this LMD arc when that was the popular theory of his original appearance at the time.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

Actually Hydra could have made for a fantastic long-term spy game. Sadly the movies quickly took Hydra out; a mistake. They should have stuck with the premise that Hydra immediately pops up somewhere else as soon as one cell is struck down.

Top Bottom